GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Vanquish
Cadet Trooper

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#51 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:33 pm

Spock wrote:

gnd wrote:Great effort, a big thank you to everyone!

I have one question/wish though:
The old site had a fixed URL for the members page. We used it to automatically populate our stats spreadsheets with data. The new one doesn't have that anymore. Any plans for implementing it?

This one is a little harder. We have had a few requests for this and it is being looked into but will take some time before we know if it is possible.

Kudos to Spock and the dev team for the new GSoW system!

Until such time as a proper solution can be released for the squad member data scrape, here's a quick and dirty Google Sheets-based approach. There's a bit of manual work required to set it up for your own squad, but it'll tide you over until a proper solution can be developed by the dev team.

GSoW Squad Data Query

Make a copy to your own Google Docs repository, and edit the squad name and resulting SquadID to match your needs.

Hope it helps someone!

Vanquish
Knights-of-Darth

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#52 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Boog wrote:
Spock wrote:
gnd wrote:One more request:
The old site also showed received and donated troops numbers on the members page. Any chance of including these on the new site as well?

If we get a lot of request for this we will consider it. But so many teams have members that jumps around to other squads these days and those stats are reset each time they do.
For now we encourage squads to track this on their own through the info provided in game.

It can be useful to tell if a base has requested troops for their SC. A lot of squads put a few dead or absent bases in their war squad, so if you take a screenshot of their requests right after initiation, you can then compare after the war has started and tell which bases have empty SC's.

We are still looking into adding that info in for a future update. This is something we had not considered though.

Personally I’m not sure if your reason is better argument to leave it off the site or to put it in. :D
I’m curious what others think.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Over 2,000 no outpost replays being shared! The largest collection of commander replays out there. Soon to become a museum of our game.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#53 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Vanquish wrote:
Spock wrote:

The old site had a fixed URL for the members page. We used it to automatically populate our stats spreadsheets with data. The new one doesn't have that anymore. Any plans for implementing it?

This one is a little harder. We have had a few requests for this and it is being looked into but will take some time before we know if it is possible.

Until such time as a proper solution can be released for the squad member data scrape, here's a quick and dirty Google Sheets-based approach. There's a bit of manual work required to set it up for your own squad, but it'll tide you over until a proper solution can be developed by the dev team.

GSoW Squad Data Query

Make a copy to your own Google Docs repository, and edit the squad name and resulting SquadID to match your needs.

Hope it helps someone!

Vanquish
Knights-of-Darth

I’m sure that will help many. :)
We didn’t think the list generator would have been missed this much. But it’s been the most requested feature since we went live.
Thanks so much for the share.
Last edited by Spock on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out our YouTube channel with Over 2,000 no outpost replays being shared! The largest collection of commander replays out there. Soon to become a museum of our game.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#54 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:36 pm

I think knowing which SC’s are empty before going to war is an unfair advantage. While we know the database is there... I would guess many squads do not.

It would cause squads to better match their attacks for sure, and save some high level attacks for bases with full SC... but the other side will get slaughtered much faster than if some of the high level attacks had gone against high level dead bases.

Very bad for morale and continued war participation by the flattened squad.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#55 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 pm

I don’t really care about donate stats.
It is already available within squad page in game.
As far as using that as a way to guess inactive player, I don’t really care.
It’s just a game, and to me it’s fun to actually not knowing, and use raw skill to beat the base. It’s more fun that way.
Besides, if that’s the style some people want to play, they can always use the in-game squad search feature, and visit the opponent base and get the donate stats that way.

gnd
Squadron Leader

Post#56 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:53 pm

Spock wrote:We are still looking into adding that info in for a future update. This is something we had not considered though.

Personally I’m not sure if your reason is better argument to leave it off the site or to put it in. :D
I’m curious what others think.

We actually use the number of donations in our weekly award thing. Players that travel around are required to post screenshots of their stats, but they are in the minority. Also, I had a script gather all the data once per day, so in the worst case I lost a day's worth of donations ...

Never really thought of checking the stats for war though. If it's an outpost war then it doesn't really matter, if it's a no-op war, then there really are no dead bases in there ...

gnd
Squadron Leader

Post#57 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:02 am

Vanquish wrote:
Spock wrote:

GSoW Squad Data Query

Hope it helps someone!

Vanquish
Knights-of-Darth

Ah, excellent! This is exactly what I needed! Thank you very much!

Josketer
Major General

Post#58 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:36 am

Boog wrote:It can be useful to tell if a base has requested troops for their SC. A lot of squads put a few dead or absent bases in their war squad, so if you take a screenshot of their requests right after initiation, you can then compare after the war has started and tell which bases have empty SC's.

From my point of view, that is considered cheat.
If you know if a rival base has troops or not within the SC, you change your attack strategy. And this is relevant for both squad wars and PvP. That kind of information should not be of public knowledge.-
Josketer, Battle for the Galaxy !
Argentos Squad ,Top Squad, Ranking Position : 110 - War victories : 275 - Won wars row : 131 Squad Position: Director
Another galaxy that we will also dominate ! 8-)
Youtube channel : Josketer

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#59 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:44 am

The GSoW war list generator will be active very soon

DeathStriker

Post#60 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:51 am

Spock wrote:The GSoW war list generator will be active very soon

Spock - Thanks for the Heads Up :D

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Return to “General Discussions”