GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#41 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:57 am

SpaceDandy wrote:Fantastic site, Spock! Hats off to you and the entire team for putting this together.

One question on the Skill calculations … is it doing anything different with regards to draws? The negative hit on the Skill rating for getting a draw on tougher opponents surprised me. We were kinda proud of those draws ;)

2019-03-28.png

I believe this issue has been resolved now.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

toname
Commodore

Post#42 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:23 am

So my Rebel squad, Leia's~Coke~Nail, was in Durasteel ranked #10 when I checked last night and this morning, but now appears in the Sarlacc Pit at #9. We are far from a sandbagged squad, full of mostly newbies and a couple 8s.

We did have a guy drop by last night to donate reputation with a bunch of alts, but even those weren't sandbagged bases.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#43 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:32 am

I looked at the leaderboard for Obsidian and the top 3-5 squads are legit heavyweights, so not sure why they belong in Obsidian and not UltraChrome where they should belong. Each squad has average base rating of over 3100.

I think the grouping should be based on average base rating of the top 15 players (war roster size), and not total base rating of all the players in the squad.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:57 am

DarkRebel wrote:1. Is there a chance that the Squad War Signup List Generator (https://moleliza.gitlab.io) functionality can be integrated into this new fantastic website ?

i.e. while viewing the squad which is in war, there is a button that can generate the list of war participants, along with their HQ levels and base ratings, sorted by base rating.

2. The old site KSOD, has the sort by column option while viewing the squad member page. Basically, you can click on the column title and the data in the table is sorted by that column. This new web page doesn't have that anymore.

Overall, I like the new web site. Great stuff and much thanks to the team for their significant contribution to the community.

btw, I agree with the league base ranking system. It makes sense, to group and rank squads of similar capability together.

Both these are features we plan to add eventually.

gnd wrote:Great effort, a big thank you to everyone!

I have one question/wish though:
The old site had a fixed URL for the members page. We used it to automatically populate our stats spreadsheets with data. The new one doesn't have that anymore. Any plans for implementing it?

This one is a little harder. We have had a few requests for this and it is being looked into but will take some time before we know if it is possible.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#45 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:16 am

It looks really nice. I'm looking forward to the conflict stats probably more than anything. Thanks for the effort.

gnd
Squadron Leader

Post#46 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:18 am

One more request:
The old site also showed received and donated troops numbers on the members page. Any chance of including these on the new site as well?

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:21 am

toname wrote:So my Rebel squad, Leia's~Coke~Nail, was in Durasteel ranked #10 when I checked last night and this morning, but now appears in the Sarlacc Pit at #9. We are far from a sandbagged squad, full of mostly newbies and a couple 8s.

We did have a guy drop by last night to donate reputation with a bunch of alts, but even those weren't sandbagged bases.

The Sarlacc pit is a tricky beast and it’s tenticals that are used to grab the squads are complicated.
Basically it was your rep dropping visitors that pulled you out of the pit last night.
While not a Sandbagger squad by definition, your newbies and lower hq guys who have under-developed bases pull down the base strength (not shown in your base strength rating) putting you within the reach of the all mighty Sarlacc and he did his job.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#48 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:24 am

gnd wrote:One more request:
The old site also showed received and donated troops numbers on the members page. Any chance of including these on the new site as well?

If we get a lot of request for this we will consider it. But so many teams have members that jumps around to other squads these days and those stats are reset each time they do.
For now we encourage squads to track this on their own through the info provided in game.

DeathStriker

Post#49 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:41 pm

NOTICE: GSoW Conflict Tracker Is LIVE!

:?: Want to see something cool 8-) ?

:arrow: Visit the following LINK: http://gsow.net/conflicttracker.html *(Active only when Conflicts are Active)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:59 pm

Spock wrote:
gnd wrote:One more request:

If we get a lot of request for this we will consider it. But so many teams have members that jumps around to other squads these days and those stats are reset each time they do.
For now we encourage squads to track this on their own through the info provided in game.

It can be useful to tell if a base has requested troops for their SC. A lot of squads put a few dead or absent bases in their war squad, so if you take a screenshot of their requests right after initiation, you can then compare after the war has started and tell which bases have empty SC's.

Return to “General Discussions”