Sandbagger/Medal Dumpers Are Ruining The Game

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Sandbagger/Medal Dumpers Are Ruining The Game

Post#1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:10 am

It's been discussed many times, but check out the top 10 on Er'Kit. A couple each of Sandbaggers and Medal Dumpers. So you have to think there would be a fair few in the top 100. That means that those who play hard and fair are missing out.

The sooner Zynga pull their finger out and fix up matchmaking the better. Everybody on a particular HQ level should see exactly the same level of bases. Totally remove base score and medal count from the equation. Rant over.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

darthdoodie
Major General

Re: Sandbagger/Medal Dumpers Are Ruining The Game

Post#2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 am

How are they ruining the game?
Are you doing the 20+ attacks/day required to get UC on Erk?
If not, medal dumpers or not, you aren't making UC....and nor should you.

Theres as many, if not more, legit bases on the leaderboard.....so clearly playing hard and fair can and does pay off.
I see comparable attack wins across the top 10 which says everyone is playing roughly the same amount. Medal dumpers would be seeing easier opponents, but everyone is attacking about the same so seems OK to me.
I'm just under 3% with 35 wins on Erk. Not once have I thought I'm struggling because of "cheaters" or any other reason....I know I haven't played enough.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:46 am

darthdoodie wrote:How are they ruining the game?
Are you doing the 20+ attacks/day required to get UC on Erk?
If not, medal dumpers or not, you aren't making UC....and nor should you.

Theres as many, if not more, legit bases on the leaderboard.....so clearly playing hard and fair can and does pay off.
I see comparable attack wins across the top 10 which says everyone is playing roughly the same amount. Medal dumpers would be seeing easier opponents, but everyone is attacking about the same so seems OK to me.
I'm just under 3% with 35 wins on Erk. Not once have I thought I'm struggling because of "cheaters" or any other reason....I know I haven't played enough.

I'm just outside the top 50, and under 1% in gears, so I know what I am doing. You are not grasping the point. There are a lot of people above me who are in that position due to easy matches because of sandbagging or medal dumping. My battles are legitimate matches based on my strength, others are getting easy matches by manipulating the game.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:46 am

Said before and I'll say it again, whilst what you're pointing out maybe making the game slightly less fun, what's ruining the game is the massive learning curve for new players.

I've been running a newbie squad for a year, and its TOUGH to engage them once they reach L6 and the armory. The game was SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better pre-armory its not even funny, but we'll never go back (except squad wars kinda).

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 am

I am not seeing what you are talking about... the top 3 on Erkit are maxed out bases with over 100,000 medals, ie not sandbagged or medal dumped, the next one down is medal dumped, the next one down has something like 40,000, so possibly lightly medal dumped and possibly medal gated. The next one down has 100,000+ and I stopped looking there.

Either way, the top 3 look like legit players that are putting in more hours than other players are willing to put in. It looks like they are crushing those 1000 gear dev bases at a really good pace. If you are a rebel player, then all you need to do is put in the time and crush out those dev bases. (8+ hours per day I am guessing) I have not checked this conflict but usually my Imperial base does not see any dev bases on Erkit and so it has ZERO chance of getting UC on that planet. (I won’t even bother trying!) Which leads us to the actual problem of the game:

Defence is way to over powered compared to attack! A regular player (not at the top 1% of skill level and not maxed out frags) cannot get 99% 3 star wins attacking player bases AND you NEED to get 99% 3 star wins to get UC because the other average players can do that against dev bases. Either dev bases need to be as hard to beat as player bases (turn armoury skins on) or player bases need to be as easy to beat as dev bases so that all players face equal opponents and difficulty. And limit Attacks to the same HQ level.

Right now medal dumping and sand bagging is meaningless. Even if you have maxed out base score and maxed out medals you can crush out 1000 gear wins every 7 minutes against dev bases. All you have to do is be willing to put in the time.

(If you are the faction that does not get dev bases on the planet in question, like Imperials on Erkit, then there is NO HOPE.)

Back to grinding dev bases.

Josketer
Major General

Post#6 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:38 am

In the conflict in Hoth, I finished in 37th place, with 0.22%, obviously it was UC. Up in the top positions there were some sandbaggers / medal dumpers but that did not prevent me from staying throughout the conflict in the first 50 places. Remember that the Imperials are many players in comparison with the rebels, so you can already imagine the great competition that happened there.
Apart I was also fight for the event and I got the 2 things. Win the UC in hoth, finish the event almost 3 days before its end and I got several elite crates.
Without the necessary effort, it is hard to achieve something in this game.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Gooner
Major General

Post#7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:26 am

strawman3125 wrote:I am not seeing what you are talking about... the top 3 on Erkit are maxed out bases with over 100,000 medals, ie not sandbagged or medal dumped, the next one down is medal dumped, the next one down has something like 40,000, so possibly lightly medal dumped and possibly medal gated. The next one down has 100,000+ and I stopped looking there.

Either way, the top 3 look like legit players that are putting in more hours than other players are willing to put in. It looks like they are crushing those 1000 gear dev bases at a really good pace. If you are a rebel player, then all you need to do is put in the time and crush out those dev bases. (8+ hours per day I am guessing) I have not checked this conflict but usually my Imperial base does not see any dev bases on Erkit and so it has ZERO chance of getting UC on that planet. (I won’t even bother trying!) Which leads us to the actual problem of the game:

Defence is way to over powered compared to attack! A regular player (not at the top 1% of skill level and not maxed out frags) cannot get 99% 3 star wins attacking player bases AND you NEED to get 99% 3 star wins to get UC because the other average players can do that against dev bases. Either dev bases need to be as hard to beat as player bases (turn armoury skins on) or player bases need to be as easy to beat as dev bases so that all players face equal opponents and difficulty. And limit Attacks to the same HQ level.

Right now medal dumping and sand bagging is meaningless. Even if you have maxed out base score and maxed out medals you can crush out 1000 gear wins every 7 minutes against dev bases. All you have to do is be willing to put in the time.

(If you are the faction that does not get dev bases on the planet in question, like Imperials on Erkit, then there is NO HOPE.)

Back to grinding dev bases.
Spot on Strawman, if you want uc on Er'kit. then you've got to put the hours In, more so with this current conflict as all the Rebels at prestige want to max Ithorians at prestige level. I need 30 Frags to max it myself but I'm happy doing the event instead. I'm level 9 Anyway so will be a while before I'm prestige to put the prestige Ithorians to use. but as you quite rightly pointed out, put the hours In and you'll get rewarded.

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#8 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Medal dumping seems pointless.

Sandbagging seems insane. 3 times the attacks or more just to get the same result.

I think it comes to time and attacks in above anything else.

Sandbaggers have to attack 2-3 times more just to get to uc if they go that route.

Er kit for imperials comes down to time and good attacks without losing. some defense wins overnight help.

It comes down to time and attacks mainly though.

65,825 points in 78 attacks won. 5 defences won. at 0.27% 0 lost attacks or 1 star wins yet. mostly 3 star wins some 2 star wins.

I need 22 frags for prestige kubaz so thats why im doing it.

This can be done with medal dumping or not.

Its just hours put in to get that. Good load outs, maxed units. Full sc. Air support ect. Good tactics and game mechanic understanding.

Time wins over all sadly.

Time is the enemy .

Its who can dump more time vs others I think.

Good luck.

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#9 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:39 pm

CoolGuy wrote:I'm just outside the top 50, and under 1% in gears, so I know what I am doing. You are not grasping the point. There are a lot of people above me who are in that position due to easy matches because of sandbagging or medal dumping. My battles are legitimate matches based on my strength, others are getting easy matches by manipulating the game.

I've got your point the last 5 times you brought it up in other threads. You are in denial about the different ways ppl play the game and their goals.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#10 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:11 pm

darthdoodie wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:I'm just outside the top 50, and under 1% in gears, so I know what I am doing. You are not grasping the point. There are a lot of people above me who are in that position due to easy matches because of sandbagging or medal dumping. My battles are legitimate matches based on my strength, others are getting easy matches by manipulating the game.

I've got your point the last 5 times you brought it up in other threads. You are in denial about the different ways ppl play the game and their goals.

I fully accept that some people are incapable of normal PvP attacks at their level, so they adjust the game to get weaker targets. But that shouldn't be able to happen. HQ vs HQ solves all those problems.

Return to “General Discussions”