GALACTIC CONFLICT - New Guard Reserve #2 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Admiral

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - New Guard Reserve #2 - Discussion Topic

Post#71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 am

Historically Tat has always had the lowest thresshold for UCL. However, Dando has a lower threshold than Tat (again?).
I'm wondering what causes this.
My best guess would be that it has to do with the population and the method of gaining medals.
Based solely on my own experience/observations:
Tat is a Rebel planet. The top 50 appears to be predominantly Rebels. Everyone who charts has huge attack numbers. Even the Imperials. Am I right to assume that Imperials parking there aren't getting attacked very often?
Looking at the top50, I can only imagine most of them hitting dev bases with quick turn around, them being sandbaggers and attacking lower lvls or Macro players.
I myself pretty much only target dev bases on Tat and will skip all the boxed burst/rodian farms, which is the only live type base I encounter there.

Dando actually looks quite healthy at the moment. There's a decent mix of Rebels and Imperials in the top 50.
I can find targets on Dando that I want to attack (both Dev and live) and I can park on Dando to get defense wins. I will not get attacked immediately like in the olden days, but it's regular.
This is surprising since the imperial reward isn't very desirable.

While I will not say that the game is balanced properly at the moment, Dando taking over as the planet easiest to get UCL on (which coincides with the most healthy top50 combo) may highlight the importance of both sides thriving.

It does make me wonder again whether the current Imperial average attack strength is sufficient in the current meta when not on Green.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#72 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:29 am

it is suffice to say that the Sharp GR has limited the impact that the Eatat has on green (and as such boosted the confidence of Reb's to go hunting there more), but it will mainly be down to populations, dev's are still very plentiful on green for Imp's, and tbh I reckon rebs /imps are skipping a lot to find dev's on green (all planets for that matter) for easier cogs. I'm parked on Yavin whilst armoury upgrades and base is glowing brighter than Blackpool Illuminations, I've only been attacked twice in last 2 weeks (and they were revenges). My team mates however are experience more attacks but on Sand, so this would suggest the faction populations are staying where they think they are strongest. The UCL trends will most likely be down to the lack of Imp interest in the current conflicts (with the exception of the hardcore players going for it).
I've found that my attacks seem to be better on sand than on green, I put this down on my over confidence in my leatherback camel, and tend to be more reckless.
If matchmaking isn't rectified to be HQ level based and dev bases nerfed to a low amount of cogs, then actual PvP is dead in this game. IMHO.

Schruaf
Major General

Post#73 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 am

There seem to be no more dev bases on Dando. (For an Imp lvl 11)

Just bad luck? Or far greater rep population on Dando, than ususaly?
Or have the dev bases been turned off?

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#74 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 am

My theory:
Likely more high level rebel bases stayed open on green planets to fish for defense wins, now that their bases are equipped with the ever dangerous GR sharps (snipers).
Until enough real rebel bases are put under protection, you may not get to see a dev base.

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#75 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:38 am

Dev bases are always there, its just rebs are visiting more greens to maximize their UCL return on a conflict they are desperate for. So matchmaking will always pool them first before getting to the dev bases. This in the long run is a good thing as it gives real bases to target, down side is no one wants to, because the effort / reward required to bring one down is no where near that of skipping 20 times to get a dev base. whilst sat on green I turned off GR, no attacks. I then turned off turrets, low and behold jet swarm + E50's within the time it takes to reboot. Put GR on, nothing. People want to win, but don't want to put the serious effort in to get that win. If they nerf dev bases to zero / 100 (being generous) cogs, the conflict tables will be a completely different story without any insane 80K grinds. This creates in turn its own problems in that people will go off the idea of grinding for conflicts, and player pool shrinks. Its a hard balance and its always swinging from one faction to the other. I've been seriously toying with the idea of ditching my P base and restarting and just battling to level 5, so as to enjoy the game in its core element. many people have done the same and are enjoying it.
On yavin at the mo, im seeing many of the big names carnage / decepticon etc, unfortunately Im armoury locked so wouldn't stand a chance, thatll change in a couple of days and hopefully they will still be there so I can enjoy a glorious face plant or 2 :-) my pb on carnage is 48% so far, hopefully aim to improve on that now their base is completely gold. :-)

DeathStriker

Post#76 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am

I Meet Myself on Tatooine!

Both My Accounts Meet on Tatooine - 01-15-2019
(Click here to view LARGER image)

After five days of intense fighting, my HQ 11/P Account - Striker - met my HQ 6 Account - Death Striker - on Tatooine, and talked briefly about our Battle Successes and showed off our Stormtrooper Helmet Symbols with a big red / slashes through them on our Juggernauts.

Mysteria from HamburgAlliance just happen to fly by in their Prestige X-Wing while Striker and Death Striker were chatting and did a Victory Roll yelling "Go Rebels!" ;)

Striker then left to attack a near by Imperial Prestige Base while Death Striker painted another red slash across another Stormtrooper Helmet Symbol and noted he was running out of room for more Stormtrooper Helmet Symbols... LOL :lol:

And the Tatooine Battle continued...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 am

CONFLICT UCL STATS - Week #2 (Final):

:arrow: With 2 Hours to go... some thresholds may be higher...

Last UCL thresholds (borders):
    ---------------------------------
    PLANET - GEARS - % - TIME
    ---------------------------------
    Tat - 28,707 - 2.01% - 2h 27m
    Dan - 25,349 - 2.16% - 2h 24m
    Kit - 76,410 - 1.86% - 7 h
    Yav - 37,279 - 1.85% - 15h
    Hoth - 27,253 - 1.98% - 3h
    Tako - 32,019 - 1.99% - 21h 40m
    -----------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.
    4. Use the above Info for decision making purposes.

CONFLICT UCL TREND ANALYSIS: {Won't Be Posted This Week} (created by another Player and not me)

Post any comments below...

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#78 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:52 am

I'm UC on Tatooine with my baby Rebel 6 with 1.34% and 31,833 gears. Every 4min reloading drops me down .03% in the board... 10min to go. I only needed the Obsidian for Sharp GR level 3, but I had the last hours free and went for the UC.

Glad we have 2 weeks of junk droid conflicts, with buff or without buff, i don't care, 2 weeks of vacation for all my accounts -- except for upgrades for the Prestiges. :)
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DeathStriker

Post#79 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 pm

NOTICE: Galactic Conflict - New Guard Reserve #2 - Week #2 (Final) - Has Ended

Galactic Conflict - New Guard Reserve - Week #2 (Final) - has ended.

Post how you did if you wish.

In 24 hours Galactic Conflict - Explosive Finish #2 - Week #1 begins...

DeathStriker

Post#80 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 pm

MY CONFLICT STATUS - Week #2 (Final Week) - Final

• HQ 11 / Prestige :

• Tatooine - Ended in UCL - #549 Leaderboard Position (33,504 Medals / Gears) - (Attacks Won: 34 / Defenses Won: 0) - Top 0.64% - Got 20 Frags for Sharpshooter Guard Reserve.
    • Er'Kit - Ended in UCL - #74 Leaderboard Position (90,447 Medals / Gears) - (Attacks Won: 89 / Defenses Won: 0) - Top 0.76% - Got 20 Frags for Sharpshooter Guard Reserve.
    • Dandoran - Ended in Bronzium II - #2145 Leaderboard Position (8376 Medals / Gears) - (Attacks Won: 0 / Defenses Won: 25) -Top 10.46% - Got 5 Frags for Sharpshooter Guard Reserve.

⇨ COMBINED: I got 45 Frags which gave me my Sharpshooter GR Level 6 Upgrade, and 1/100 Frags towards Level 7 Upgrade :D
  • HQ 8:

• Tatooine - Ended in Obsidian - #3339 Leaderboard Position (16,233 Medals / Gears) - (Attacks Won: 31 / Defenses Won: 0) - Top 3.90% - Got 15 Frags for Sharpshooter Guard Reserve.
    • Er'Kit - Ended in Obsidian - #404 Leaderboard Position (46,767 Medals / Gears) - (Attacks Won: 95 / Defenses Won: 0) - Top 4.19% - Got 15 Frags for Sharpshooter Guard Reserve.

⇨ COMBINED: I got 30 Frags which gave me my Sharpshooter GR Level 5 Upgrade, and 8/70 Frags towards Level 6 Upgrade :D
  • HQ 6:

• Tatooine - Ended in UCL - #483 Leaderboard Position (33,727 Medals / Gears) - (Attacks Won: 129 / Defenses Won: 0) - Top 0.58% - Got 20 Frags for Sharpshooter Guard Reserve which gave me my Sharpshooter GR Level 1 Unlock :D
And now in 24 hours Galactic Conflict - Explosive Finish #2 begins...

Return to “General Discussions”