So Tired Of Scrolling To Find An Opponent

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

So Tired Of Scrolling To Find An Opponent

Post#1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Scrolling through lots of bases to find one to attack is boring at the best of times, but currently I have to go through about 50 bases on a non-dev planet to find even one I think I can attack. Even as an experienced (140k medals) Prestige Rebel I struggle to get 2 stars on the Imperial bases I do try. All I see is glowing burst turret farms and GR sniper bases.

I got excited on Yavin today when I found a relatively weak base which I got !00% on. Then I realized it was a PLV sandbagger which slipped into the playing pool.

Yes, I have tried various troop mixes - heavies/medics, hails, snipers, togs, but none have worked well. I don't want to be reduced to only attacking dev bases, but that's the way I appear to be going. What is wrong with the game, or is it just me?
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

lukeskywalker
Major General

Re: So Tired Of Scrolling To Find An Opponent

Post#2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:49 pm

I think a couple of questions come to mind. What level are your Jetpack armory/equipment levels at? What about Sullustan's? Do you use infiltrators? Do you know how to trap or set up diversions with either a med, soldier, bantha, buffopel, twi'lek?

A legit Prestige player, who has accumulated enough armory upgrades for their Jetpacks, should be able to beat almost any base. Beat meaning at least a one star. That said, with experience, most wins should be 2-3 stars. I also look at the conflict points that the base offers. A 1,000+ point real base may in general be tougher than a 700 point real base. A base worth 700 points, even with guard reserve, should be 3 starred at least 2 of 3 times. That's assuming you are at least at level 6 for your armory buff for Jets.

My preferred attack load out is:

Rebel (Prestige)
Hero - Elite AT-TE or Luke if I need to trap or Kessen if you want to hit a burst turret farm.
3 Sullustans
2 Vanguards
1 Oppressor (the Sentinel for cleanup)
3 Infiltrators
1 Med
Balance is Jets
Starship of choice - Fangs to thin out guard reserve. Optional: 2-4 Z-95's to clear walls for infiltrators, 2 B-Wings to take out turret clusters. Use only as needed.

I occasionally mix in a Tog or Lugga instead of a Sully. My Oppressor is at level 50, so that helps a lot.

Step one is trigger the squad center and take down the shields with Infiltrators. Then bait both the sc troops and guard reserve with the med, but only after the Infiltrators are dead or the med will move. You will see all of the enemy troops lock on and move like zombies to that target. While they are in that death march, you can fang them or shoot them with Jets. Since Jets will not move the med, you can launch them and the med stays in place. You can then drop the Elite AT-TE by the med, along with the Sullustans, Vanguards, and Oppressor. They will march forward and clear everything in their path. The one risk is if you happen to deploy right on top of a trap. The Sullustan starship straffing runs really thin out the turret clusters. You can also speed up the process hitting them with B-Wings. I prefer to use minimal starships because of the cook times and try to rely primarily on the troops and deka.

If you don't have the Elite AT-TE, you can use Luke to trap or Kessen for the Kessen shot and the long range. Kessen shoots outside of the range of burst turrets like the Sullustan's, Oppressor and Elite AT-TE.

I hope this helps.

LS

EDIT:

Mixing in TX-225's or an A-A5 Speeder Trucks if the armory levels are high enough.

With 140K medals, you must have your share of wins. I suspect I might be missing something.

LS
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:12 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:With 140K medals, you must have your share of wins. I suspect I might be missing something.

LS

What’s your medal count and base rating, LS ?

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:29 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I think a couple of questions come to mind. What level are your Jetpack armory/equipment levels at? What about Sullustan's? Do you use infiltrators? Do you know how to trap or set up diversions with either a med, soldier, bantha, buffopel, twi'lek?

A legit Prestige player, who has accumulated enough armory upgrades for their Jetpacks, should be able to beat almost any base. Beat meaning at least a one star. That said, with experience, most wins should be 2-3 stars. I also look at the conflict points that the base offers. A 1,000+ point real base may in general be tougher than a 700 point real base. A base worth 700 points, even with guard reserve, should be 3 starred at least 2 of 3 times. That's assuming you are at least at level 6 for your armory buff for Jets.

My preferred attack load out is:

Rebel (Prestige)
Hero - Elite AT-TE or Luke if I need to trap or Kessen if you want to hit a burst turret farm.
3 Sullustans
2 Vanguards
1 Oppressor (the Sentinel for cleanup)
3 Infiltrators
1 Med
Balance is Jets
Starship of choice - Fangs to thin out guard reserve. Optional: 2-4 Z-95's to clear walls for infiltrators, 2 B-Wings to take out turret clusters. Use only as needed.

I occasionally mix in a Tog or Lugga instead of a Sully. My Oppressor is at level 50, so that helps a lot.

Step one is trigger the squad center and take down the shields with Infiltrators. Then bait both the sc troops and guard reserve with the med, but only after the Infiltrators are dead or the med will move. You will see all of the enemy troops lock on and move like zombies to that target. While they are in that death march, you can fang them or shoot them with Jets. Since Jets will not move the med, you can launch them and the med stays in place. You can then drop the Elite AT-TE by the med, along with the Sullustans, Vanguards, and Oppressor. They will march forward and clear everything in their path. The one risk is if you happen to deploy right on top of a trap. The Sullustan starship straffing runs really thin out the turret clusters. You can also speed up the process hitting them with B-Wings. I prefer to use minimal starships because of the cook times and try to rely primarily on the troops and deka.

If you don't have the Elite AT-TE, you can use Luke to trap or Kessen for the Kessen shot and the long range. Kessen shoots outside of the range of burst turrets like the Sullustan's, Oppressor and Elite AT-TE.

I hope this helps.

LS

Thanks for your detailed post. All good points and I hope some of the less experienced players take note, as I use/have used all of the above techniques.

My jet perks are all at level 8, but I assume why I am getting mega hard bases is due to my medal count. The bases have gotten extremely hard over the last month or two, perhaps when I passed the 140k medal mark.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Only 87K medals, 3,192 base score. Must be the 140k medal count. Could also be tied to the loss of medals for some.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#6 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:51 am

I started attacking again after taking a two month break, where I simply upgraded prestige buildings and won defences. The game is now much harder to attack!

I have found that I need full air support to win!!! Which means that I need to wait 1.5 hours between attacks for 8 Lv4 med ships to rebuild. The good thing about that Is that I can wait for that one prestige barrack to pump out all of PRESTIGE jumps!

My loadout is: 2 stormies, 1 gamo, 1 shock, 3 kubaz and the rest are level prestige jumps (I only have level 6 skins for them), with more jumps in SC and I usually use vader or EATAT. I find that I can get mostly 3 star wins after skipping 10-20 bases to choose one player base that looks ok but I occasionally face-plant.

I use stormies to draw GR, gamo and Kubaz to take sonic shots, trigger SC and take down shields, the Strix Beacon or even an IDT ship to trigger a well guarded SC as those two can be dropped on top of buildings, where you cannot deploy troops, within walls, etc,

Gone are the days where I could easily 3 star player bases without air support and I could attack as soon as my transports were full, ever 12 minutes or so... now I either need to wait 1.5 hours or start spending 20-30 crystals to speed up air support each attack.

From a defensive viewpoint, my base has been attacked over 1000 times since prestige came out and it has not been 3 starred in that time! A well defended base (and all it really takes is using all double skinned bursts and some sonics) is difficult to beat with anything. Most of my ''losses' come from people attacking all buildings outside my walls and towers in an attempt to get a 1 star with no hope of getting a two star or from snipping the HQ with airships after taking down the shields. ... There is no way that I would attack my base if I saw it come up for me when attacking! (Most attackers use full air support.)

Given that you need LOTS of 3 star wins to get to UC, the current situation is a little frustrating! Knowing that there are players out there that find it easy to get 400+ 3 star wins in a single conflict when I find it challenging to get a single 3 star win once every 1.5 hours or about 8 wins per day if I play for 12 hours per day.

If someone has videos of how to get 3 star wins against all maxed out level 10+ bases with glowing bursts/sonics/GR without using air support, please share!

ATAT88
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 am

Drop medals so that they can be used to have tougher opponents, because there they are they did not want that

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:02 am

CoolGuy wrote:Scrolling through lots of bases to find one to attack is boring at the best of times, but currently I have to go through about 50 bases on a non-dev planet to find even one I think I can attack. Even as an experienced (140k medals) Prestige Rebel I struggle to get 2 stars on the Imperial bases I do try. All I see is glowing burst turret farms and GR sniper bases.

I got excited on Yavin today when I found a relatively weak base which I got !00% on. Then I realized it was a PLV sandbagger which slipped into the playing pool.

Yes, I have tried various troop mixes - heavies/medics, hails, snipers, togs, but none have worked well. I don't want to be reduced to only attacking dev bases, but that's the way I appear to be going. What is wrong with the game, or is it just me?

This thread reflects what I'm saying here for months: SWC is much on DEFENSE!

It doesn't matter if you are Rebel or Imperial, but if you are at HQ 10 or Prestige you are dead. No way you can 3 stars a base with high buffs for turrets, Guard Reserve and SC units without spend all ships and SC units, your hero, and maybe your dekas if they aren't upgrading -- and probably you will leave with 2 stars only and much anger and frustration.

The extra space for units (12 UC) in Prestige Transports should have give some attack advantage, but it didn't happen. Game is too much on defense. If I remember well, past week you were complaining about no imperials attacking your base. Now you are complaining about you as Rebel can't find a reasonable imperial base to attack. I think one thing explain the other.

As dual faction player with both bases at Prestige, I don't care. PvP is dead anyway, Conflicts are stupid and time consuming, and while we don't have more Events, I move to planets where I can find Dev bases to loot for my Prestige upgrades, and wait untill I can attack again for more Prestige upgrades. And wait for something to happen in this broken game to convince me to attack real bases again. The only thing they didn't break yet are squad wars, then if you want to test your skills over a tough base, forget PvP and play only wars.

Or build a 2nd base because game is still funny at low levels. I'm playing often with my HQ 6 Imperial and HQ 6 Rebel and have fun using different loadouts with old troops that are useless after HQ 8 and the jump/jet epidemic, and doing objectives that don't take hours to complete. And I win most of my attacks by 3 stars and I win most of my defenses thanks to my Prestige units.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#9 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 pm

If it is that difficult at 140k medals, I will continue to dump medals while working on objectives. Staying under 100k works for me. Good mix of real & dev bases, defensive wins and tough but manageable matchups.
lukeskywalker
Leader

ATAT88
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:If it is that difficult at 140k medals, I will continue to dump medals while working on objectives. Staying under 100k works for me. Good mix of real & dev bases, defensive wins and tough but manageable matchups.

that is the point

Return to “General Discussions”