Rebel Bases Not Attacked On Green Planets

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Rebel Bases Not Attacked On Green Planets

Post#1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Probably shot myself in the leg, but I've been camped on Yavin for days now and I'm getting attacked about once every 12 hours. After every attack I go out and remove the protection hoping for more defensive wins.

Once again this appears to be a function of overloaded dev bases. I've put my CB and half my resources out in the open but still get very few bites. As I have said before, have dev bases but remove the loot. That way people are forced to look for real bases to attack, and we move back into the PvP mode.

You may counter with "once people are attacked they get protection, so there are less real bases to attack". Well I'm one of the people looking for defensive wins so I tend to remove my protection immediately after an attack.

Now I know I'm going to get smashed by somebody like Plagueis, but at least it will be a proper fight.

Come and find me on Yavin.

P.S. The reason I am camped on Yavin is because I am upgrading my armoury, so I've set up for jungle attack/defence and can't function on Hoth/Tatt/Er'Kit. It's the only planet I can get Rancor frags on.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Re: Rebel Bases Not Attacked On Green Planets

Post#2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Its not really the amount of loot that you have on offer, its how much of your base is glowing on scouting. I get attacked around twice a week (if im lucky), yet when I forgot to switch armoury from offensive to defensive (fortunately leaving the rod skin on, but no GR or turrets), I got attacked 4 times in a row within 5 mins of going offline.

TNT
Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 am

Look at the complete picture Coolguy.

1: The current reward isn't desirable as such activity is low

2: I see multiple responses here and on Line about Rebels finally leaving desert behind and farming defense wins with their shiny new sullustan sniper guard reserve and having long string of success with them. (myself included) If we win, then imps are losing, if they lose too often they stop attacking live bases. Good thing Imps have told us Rodian snipers definitely not being broken despite all the evidence (old and mounting new) of the contrary.

What we have now is.
Imps wanting to participate in the conflict are finding attacking too hard (despite the ATACT crutch), thus are going after dev bases.
Imps wanting resources go after dev bases. You may have nearly the same amount to offer, but Dev bases also offer easy gears for a possible victory crate in addition to resources.

Dev bases being loaded are such a tiny part of this.

EdibleKarlos wrote:Its not really the amount of loot that you have on offer, its how much of your base is glowing on scouting. I get attacked around twice a week (if im lucky), yet when I forgot to switch armoury from offensive to defensive (fortunately leaving the rod skin on, but no GR or turrets), I got attacked 4 times in a row within 5 mins of going offline.

This is a proper reasoning.

I am enjoying the occasional enemy base who seem to leave the armory off on purpose only to surprise you with buffed jets if you carelessly attack. Such a fun strategic use of the Meta.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#4 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:03 am

I've said it multiple times before....mega loot bases have nothing to do with you not being attacked.
Stop spreading this untruth

Its the glowing bursts or general base setup (like Edible said above).
I currently have 55 Ds on yavin this conflict….plus a whole lot more losses

Just look at the yavin leaderboard...half of the rebels there have double figure Ds
I run rockets/sonics and currently have 2 shields upgrading, but I've had similar results with all defense online.

On the flip side, I don't see any Imp dev bases on Yavin so every attack I make is against live Imps

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:05 am

TNT wrote:I am enjoying the occasional enemy base who seem to leave the armory off on purpose only to surprise you with buffed jets if you carelessly attack. Such a fun strategic use of the Meta.

Was really interesting to see the replays, was very surprised at how effective the bursts (without perk) were against the 20+ PJets (perked) + E50's coming at me, however was the SC of Rods that saved the day for me in the end. ive been caught out by a 'unprotected' base, only to unleash a pile of perked jets, certainly adds to the 'oh f%*K!' element of the attack. The sullys now do add a bit of 'do I, don't i' to my attack thinking, but if the layout suits my attack I will still have a pop. (medals don't interest me / nor pointless conflicts for that matter so love a good faceplant). I'm glad the rebs finally got the sniper GR, brings a bit of 'balance' to a breathtakingly broken game, my only issue with them is albeit the target multipliers are different (though it only takes them one volley to kill anything anyways), is the spawn rate, surely they should be the same as imp's?

Dev bases are the easier target now, and with rebs moving to greens in the hope for sit back and UC defence wins, all it does is increase the amount of skips an imp has to do. Removing the mega loot from dev bases will force players to attack real bases, but only for loot runs (3 easy wins on devs, 1 scout attack on live)(wash,rinse and repeat) as most live bases have adjusted layout to super condense turrets around barracks, all the booty is mostly unprotected.
If any Dev's bother to read forums the best thing they can do is either....

reduce the amount of cogs on dev bases (to a 100 or so) or have dev bases with turret perks to encourage those suicide runs on live bases

provide a new planet where the armoury is inactive, but double / triple the reward for UC

remove the armoury altogether or have a perk that neutralises the attackers /defenders armoury (could be shown as a glowing armoury) to save them building another planet.

Obviously they will never take away the armoury, and their attempts of 'buffing' the other units to make them viable indicates they know its bollocked's, eventually all that will happen is that we will have a pile of units needing perks to make usable, but still have the same damage ratio as to when there wasn't a armoury. Nothing will change people away from Jump / Jet spamming unless these receive a serious nerfing (the kind where a jet/jump is in court pointing to a doll indicating where the mouse touched them).

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:22 am

My last D was 4 days ago, just for a bit of fun I've just turned of GR. Turrets / walls / HQ and gold/alloy/contra generators(got to protect that booty) and rod skin(for SC) perks active. taking bets on when I get attacked :-)

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#7 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:41 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:My last D was 4 days ago, just for a bit of fun I've just turned of GR. Turrets / walls / HQ and gold/alloy/contra generators(got to protect that booty) and rod skin(for SC) perks active. taking bets on when I get attacked :-)

No Nibbles after an hour or so, so turret perks now turned off. Just HQ,Walls and generators, and rod for SC.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:42 am

I've smashed up dozens of rebel bases on Yavin... didn't see yours...

Incidentally only one revenge against me all week... typical.

The coin flips both sides, whilst I enjoy utterly destroying rebels... I fully respect people's decision to attack Dev bases during a conflict. It's a time dependent tournament, you don't get a special badge if you just attack rebels. Otherwise I'd be covered in badges... Blood red ones.
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 166,300 medals.
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:
EdibleKarlos wrote:My last D was 4 days ago, just for a bit of fun I've just turned of GR. Turrets / walls / HQ and gold/alloy/contra generators(got to protect that booty) and rod skin(for SC) perks active. taking bets on when I get attacked :-)

No Nibbles after an hour or so, so turret perks now turned off. Just HQ,Walls and generators, and rod for SC.

Well 5 mins after turning turrets off...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#10 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:02 am

Richaldo wrote:I fully respect people's decision to attack Dev bases during a conflict. It's a time dependent tournament, you don't get a special badge if you just attack rebels.

Fully agree, above case in point, conflict on, people only want the easier targets. The cog rewards though for dev bases should be limited IMHO, those who want to grind easy prey can, those who want the challenges reap the rewards :-)

Return to “General Discussions”