[iOS/Android] Client Update - Version 7.0.0. - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: [iOS/Android] Client Update - Version 7.0.0. - Discussion Topic

Post#31 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:46 pm

PRESTIGE DROID INFO:

:arrow: Click here to view.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#32 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Awesome !!!
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 pm

I xtall'd my hq level to 9 four hours ago. Among other things, I now have full level 9 walls, which is freaking crazy. I suspect that the devs are rolling in xtals now, as players need to be able to spend all the loot they are acquiring.

Euph
Admiral

Post#34 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Mava11 wrote:Do you seriously think people need to be presenting with the choice of samples or training on each unit that you have samples for? I never asked for that unnecessary step when 95% of the time I'm training. The other 5% of the time is trying new unit samples or during a war and I'm attacking quickly or need to donate. This feature doesn't even work when you have a full army and you queue troops to be trained after your current army is deployed. So why even have the choice when there is no choice?
Bad game design.

Here is what could be done to make it not so terrible:
Tap unit= train
Press and hold unit 1sec = popup where you can choose to use a sample unit

This. Or have the sample option be a small button akin to the info button in the top-right corner of each icon; they already have the sample icon in the lower-middle, make that the button to add a sample instead of cook.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#35 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm

So far the changes seem good. Not sure how EP missions will be affected by Prestige. Noticed the damage increase on Jump/Jets seems way high compared to other units.

Bugs:
(Painful) Lag when changing between troop/ship/hero structures to train on the next building. (Next/previous buttons are taking 20-30 seconds for me.)

Armory doesn’t seem to be showing any turrets or structures for me either in ‘all’ or equipment screens right now.

When training units - I’m not getting a choice for some units (t2-b, AAT tanks, and AT-ST’s) that I know I have units in inventory for... I thought it might be because I had the TX skin enabled... but my L6 account sees the choice fine. I’m guessing something’s off when the Inventory item’s level is higher than your normal armory, or it disables the choice. (I think the TX samples are L10, but my armory is only L7.)

Suggestion: Instead of always going to the selection menu to choose between inventory and training - what about “tap = train” and “press+hold = select” ?
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~59k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

lurker
Captain

Post#36 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:29 pm

DeathStriker wrote:Client Update - Version 7.0.0.

Most important change for them : 2642*5 data fragments to max all 5 creatures (that's 13210 total).
Data miner

TNT
Admiral

Post#37 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:40 am

It's neat and reinvigorating for sure.

However the problem of the Rodian Sniper GR and dominance of jets remains.
Or let me rephrase that, the balance problem that causes Imperials to all hide on everything but Tat and Rebels on just Tat still remains.
In fact, since the prestige boosts seem random it may even exacerbate the problem.

At best (for the devs) it causes a gold rush for wars as people rush to upgrade.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:25 am

DesertPyramid wrote:Suggestion: Instead of always going to the selection menu to choose between inventory and training - what about “tap = train” and “press+hold = select” ?

While the new forced choice between cooking and using inventory units is annoying, just remember that it totally fucks over macro players, which is a good thing.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#39 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:31 am

Boog wrote:
DesertPyramid wrote:Suggestion: Instead of always going to the selection menu to choose between inventory and training - what about “tap = train” and “press+hold = select” ?

While the new forced choice between cooking and using inventory units is annoying, just remember that it totally fucks over macro players, which is a good thing.

Smart thinking. That is mosrt likely the reason PLV went on black, though I usually like Rath Severus' sharp comments and analyses.

This stroke might really ease up conflicts for flesh-and-blood players
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Euph
Admiral

Post#40 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 am

Boog wrote:While the new forced choice between cooking and using inventory units is annoying, just remember that it totally fucks over macro players, which is a good thing.

Does it though? I'm not terribly familiar with how the macros people use on this game work but I would imagine it'd just involve adding a few extra steps. Plus they could just do what I'm getting close to doing: use up all your samples (using that handy new unit deleting feature) so that stupid box doesn't pop up whenever you want to queue some units.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Return to “General Discussions”