EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lurker
Captain

Re: EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

Post#41 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:39 pm

sgu97cab wrote:I got group a. I was hoping for b, but in hindsight a is probably better for me as I can easily smash out the 360 EP in a 5 min 'rest break' at work and get researching again.

That's probably partially true, at least for all people that work and play. Getting 900 points is a much higher toll than getting 450 points (level 10). The 450 points, I can get in more or less 10-15'. Units rebuild during the 2h. The 900 points, I need more than the double of that, because I have to wait for a full rebuild at some point.
Data miner

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#42 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:58 pm

I've found myself in Group B - 720 EP for HQ9, 24 frags in first reward crate. Disney will be happy with the devs....I have used more crystals with the EP events than any other time in this game.

DeathStriker

Post#43 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:56 am

MY EVENT STATUS:

• HQ 10 Account - Unlocked Alliance Starfighter Pilot and started 1st Event Crate. Account is in B-Group (900 EP / Double-Rewards).
  • HQ 7 Account - Started 10 Hour Research on Objective #24. Later today I will complete #25 (Main Objective) and start Elite Crates.
  • HQ 4 Account - Unlocked Alliance Starfighter Pilot and started 1st Event Crate. Account is in A-Group (360 EP / Single-Rewards).
BOTTOM LINE: I am beginning my 3 Day Event Elite Crate Chase :D

UPDATE: Elite Event Crate Rewards

1st Elite Event Crate - HQ 10 - Group B - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)
RESULT:
  • 1/2 way to Level 2 Upgrade for Alliance Starfighter Pilot.
  • 1/2 way to Level 4 Upgrade for Sullustian Recon Sharpshooter Armory Skin.
  • Nearly 3/4 way to UNLOCKING Millennium Falcon Support Armory Skin.
  • 2/3 way to Level 5 Upgrade for Cold-Weather Hailfire Droid Armoy Skin.

1st Elite Event Crate - HQ 7 - Group B - Rebel Faction
RESULT:
  • Nearly 3/4 way to Level 3 Upgrade for Alliance Starfighter Pilot.
  • Nearly 1/2 Way to Level 6 Upgrade for A-Wing Star Fighter
  • 2/3 way to UNLOCK for Sullustian Recon Sharpshooter Armory Skin.
  • 1/2 way to UNLOCKING Millennium Falcon Support Armory Skin.

1st Elite Event Crate - HQ 4 - Group A - Rebel Faction
RESULT:
  • 1/2 way to Level 2 Upgrade for Alliance Starfighter Pilot.
  • Almost 1/2 way to Level 2 Upgrade for A-Wing Starship Strike.

Are you excited as I am about this event :?:
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Update - Added HQ 7 Info

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 am

The bonus crates are epic this time around.

coocoo
Commander

Post#45 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 am

I lucked out and got Group B- this is insane and averaging 23 Frags per crate. Millennium Falcon Support is the most predominant frag given.
SenateGuards Active squad looking for high level Rebel Commanders.
http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

AeroSith
Captain

Post#46 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

:o :o 8-) Group B is awesome! It feels like Christmas.
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

spootieho
Commodore

Post#47 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 pm

I was in the fast track group last time. I believe that was group A.
I am in group B this time. Looks like the previous grouping might not determine the current grouping.

Sandtrooper
Commander

Post#48 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 pm

The difference between groups A and B this time is incredibly huge and incredibly unfair to group A players. :shock: So much that I created this forum account just to voice how upset I am about that -- before I knew which group I was in. (I was the kid who would complain about uneven teams when playing sports in school even when I was on the good team)
On that note, hello everyone! I've been a silent reader on this forum for a long time, but now I finally got around to creating an account. :)

spootieho wrote:I was in the fast track group last time. I believe that was group A.
I am in group B this time. Looks like the previous grouping might not determine the current grouping.

Same here, except the opposite. In the previous events, I've been in the bad test group with higher EP cost most of the weeks, with both my accounts. This time I'm in group A.

Theoretically, the rewards that could have taken me 5 attacks and 2 hours will instead take me 6 attacks and 4 hours -- but that's if I had time to log in every two hours. The truth is that I'm simply going to earn half as many fragments as I would have in group B. The double EP would take me 10 minutes extra to earn, and then the next time I'd log in, there'd be double rewards. That's an incredibly unfair advantage to give to some players over others.
"I like sand."
- not Anakin Skywalker

Join Sandtroopers - this is the squad you're looking for!

spootieho
Commodore

Post#49 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 pm

There's 2 more stages to this event.

The groups may possibly randomly change between rounds. (next weeks event vs this weeks event.)

Also, note that earning the EP to progress takes a lot of time. Let's say 40 minutes. I might only have 20 minutes to take a break to play. One could potentially get the same frags in Group A as Group B if they can't allocate as much time in big time blocks for the game.

TNT
Admiral

Post#50 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 am

I'm in the 450 group, but as a lvl 9 that means 360 and if you ask me that's perfect. I need 8 stars to start a crate. My time to do such a thing is between 10-40. Needing to do 900 would've easily doubled that, but for double the reward.
Ultimately it's easy for me to get a quick 15 minute session in to start another crate.

I fully expect them to switch the groups around next round and I don't think I can grind quite as many crates with 900 ep.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Return to “General Discussions”