EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
systemshock
Captain

Re: EVENT: Naval Assault #3 - Discussion Topic

Post#31 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:15 am

Do you happen to know if the research times for elite crates in group B will also be doubled? Or is it just the number of required EPs that gets increased?

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#32 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:31 am

systemshock wrote:Do you happen to know if the research times for elite crates in group B will also be doubled? Or is it just the number of required EPs that gets increased?

Research times look to be the same for both groups.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with OVER 1 THOUSAND no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

systemshock
Captain

Post#33 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 am

Spock wrote:
systemshock wrote:Do you happen to know if the research times for elite crates in group B will also be doubled? Or is it just the number of required EPs that gets increased?

Research times look to be the same for both groups.

Thank you :-)

ZeryabPrime
Commodore

Post#34 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:12 am

DeathStriker wrote:
ZeryabPrime wrote:Thanks DS.

I thought if this gave me 32 fragments for unlocking the TIE Advanced, then I would have not needed to enter the conflict on Tatooine. Guess I have to get 3 Ultra Chromes..... :roll:

ZeryabPrime - You will need only ONE Ultra Chrome Conflict League Ending Status to UNLOCK TIE Advanced as the UCL Reward on Hoth is Image 32 Data Fragments :)

Thanks for the concern DeathStriker. I implied that I am trying to get UC for VT 49 as well as Shock Troopers. I thought that if the Naval Assault Event gave me 32 Data Fragments for the TIE Advanced, I could have skipped that conflict and worked on the other two planets. Therefore, as I have mentioned, I will need to grind for 3 Ultra Chromes :? :?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

DeathStriker

Post#35 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:44 am

ZeryabPrime wrote:Thanks for the concern DeathStriker. I implied that I am trying to get UC for VT 49 as well as Shock Troopers. I thought that if the Naval Assault Event gave me 32 Data Fragments for the TIE Advanced, I could have skipped that conflict and worked on the other two planets. Therefore, as I have mentioned, I will need to grind for 3 Ultra Chromes :? :?

ZeryabPrime - Thanks for the clarification. Good luck on your UCL Grind - I hope you get the Rewards you are striving for.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#36 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Here’s a thought on the rewards... why not 1x frags on the first 6 missions, 1-2x frags on the next six, then 2 -3 for the third, and 3-4 on the fourth?

If I keep seeing only 1 or 2 frags the whole way through, I doubt I’m going to keep playing these. This time through I had a bunch of skins ready that were only 1-2 from unlocking, so it was worth playing until they did... Now, having need of 20 or 50 frags for the next unlock and only getting one at a time with 4 to 10 hour research times is not motivational.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Here’s a thought on the rewards... why not 1x frags on the first 6 missions, 1-2x frags on the next six, then 2 -3 for the third, and 3-4 on the fourth?

If I keep seeing only 1 or 2 frags the whole way through, I doubt I’m going to keep playing these. This time through I had a bunch of skins ready that were only 1-2 from unlocking, so it was worth playing until they did... Now, having need of 20 or 50 frags for the next unlock and only getting one at a time with 4 to 10 hour research times is not motivational.

Agree... But have in mind that this Event System is not for veteran players or max out high level players that already have Elites and Armory frags well upgraded...

The new units introduced to the game as Droid, Bikes and the Horse are useless for high level players, but can be used by players at level 6 or 7 while they don't have anything better. The amount of EPs required and the poor reward of only 1 frag really demotivate high level players to keep playing the whole Event.

But Events are a good way for players at levels 7-8 or below to get more frags if they don't have these units unlocked yet. I'm enjoying this Event only with my mini base Rebel level 7 because as mini with no defenses, I can't win heroic defenses for crates, and Wars, Daily Missions and Events are the way I can get crates to unlock my Armory items, and it's working fine while I have patience...

And not putting a new useless unit as they did before, but old units like these from Naval Event that were only available if you played conflicts for a week like a mad, may bring back more players to the game.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#38 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Then why not scale the rewards based on HQ level or medals (so the mean something again)?

Oh well, wishful thinking. At least I am only 1 frag from the Arctic Jumpjet...
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

ForceMel
Major General

Post#39 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:07 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Here’s a thought on the rewards... why not 1x frags on the first 6 missions, 1-2x frags on the next six, then 2 -3 for the third, and 3-4 on the fourth?

The rewards come in the bonus crates. The frags you get throughout the event are mostly meaningless. You can get some serious frags in the bonus crates though. I have a squadmate who got a total of 22 frags in his bonus crate. You can make some serious progress with just 5 bonus crates at that rate.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#40 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:10 pm

I got group a. I was hoping for b, but in hindsight a is probably better for me as I can easily smash out the 360 EP in a 5 min 'rest break' at work and get researching again.
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:NewSithEmpire, NewDarkEmpire,F-Deathsquad-D
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

Return to “General Discussions”