New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#51 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 am

UPDATE: New SWC Events System Expected Release Date

**There is NO hard evidence of a Release Date in Game Data**

HOWEVER... It is expected, following a week long generic Galactic Conflict, that the New SWC Events System will be released with a New Client Update, along with some "other" possibly additional content, on or about December 7, 2017 (just in time for the next Star Wars Movie - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi).

By tomorrow we will know more...

WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING: View the following two Posts:

• Main Topic Post found here
  • Post found here
Keeping Everyone Informed...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#52 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi DS, when you say week long galactic event, what do you mean by that? Will it just be conflict with regular special units such as (IMP) Shocktrooper, MTV7, Tie-A etc etc?
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - Hotfix_Reborn

DeathStriker

Post#53 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: This has been released - Client Release - Version 5.0.0.

⇨ EVERYONE: See [IOS / Android] Client Release - Version 5.0.0 - Discussion Thread

DeathStriker

Post#54 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:01 pm

UPDATED INFO:

Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood "Data Miners" :D

New Events System & Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Brand New Commander Events System

• New Events system lets you play Commander however you wish: win battles, complete Planetary Objectives, rank up in Conflicts, or complete Heroic Defenses.
  • Earn rewards along your way to guaranteed unlocks of powerful units, starting with new content from and inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
  • Completed the Event early? Bonus Supply Crates can be earned an unlimited number of times, right up to the end of the Event! No more waiting for tomorrow's Planetary Objectives!
New Unit Unlocks

• New vehicle units can be built in the Factory once unlocked.

• Rebel V-4X-D Ski Speeder
    • Empire 614-AvA Speeder Bike
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

How To Play: Finish all Event Objectives and Chapter Objectives to earn the final Supply Crate reward.

Event Objectives: Finish to earn a reward and progress in the Event.

1. Earn the required amount of EP.
    (See next section, \"How to Earn EP\")
  2. Spend EP on Research. Research takes time to complete.
  3. Once Research is complete, claim the Supply Crate reward.
Any remaining EP and Research time can be bought with Crystals.

NOTE: Surplus EP does not carry over from one Event Objective to the next!

How to Earn EP:

PvP Battle Victory:

1 Star: 30 EP | 2 Star: 70 EP | 3 Star: 150 EP

Heroic Defense Victory:

1 Star: 20 EP | 2 Star: 50 EP | 3 Star: 110 EP

Planetary Objectives: 50 EP each

Conflict Tiers**:

• Carbonite II: 20 EP | Carbonite I: 30 EP
  • Durasteel II: 50 EP | Durasteel I: 80 EP
  • Bronzium II: 130 EP | Bronzium I: 210 EP
  • Obsidian: 340 EP | Ultra Chrome: 550 EP
**Rewarded upon reaching tier, EP is not lost even if you are knocked out of the tier. Placing in a higher tier earns EP for that tier and any lower tiers not already rewarded.

Chapter Objectives: Finish by performing the necessary action (such as destroying structures) then claiming the special Supply Crate reward.

Bonus Event Objective: Claiming the final Supply Crate reward will unlock a Bonus Event Objective for the remainder of the Event. It can be completed an unlimited number of times to earn bonus Supply Crates.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

EVENT TIMELINE:

Keeping Everyone Informed....

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#55 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:06 pm

This is starting to sound really bad. Seems like you’ll be able to earn EPs without much trouble but you’ll have to spend them in the Research Center and wait for whatever you are trying to unlock/upgrade. That would mean you would really have to focus research on the event specific stuff cuz EPs do NOT carry over. Seems like the mouse is banking on everyone throwing crystals at their Research Center so they don’t “miss out” on earning the event stuff. I say earn but if that is how it plays out this becomes “pay to win”.

Someone talk me off the ledge here.....

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#56 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:19 pm

This can be ok as long as the research time stays reasonable @ a few hours per level. People will still fork over crystal dough because they’ll always want stuff NOW!!!!
Last edited by Plagueis on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#57 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:27 pm

If I am reading that calendar right EP starts tomorrow, Nov 30th, for the new speeders!
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

TNT
Major General

Post#58 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 am

DCReborn wrote:This is starting to sound really bad. Seems like you’ll be able to earn EPs without much trouble but you’ll have to spend them in the Research Center and wait for whatever you are trying to unlock/upgrade. That would mean you would really have to focus research on the event specific stuff cuz EPs do NOT carry over. Seems like the mouse is banking on everyone throwing crystals at their Research Center so they don’t “miss out” on earning the event stuff. I say earn but if that is how it plays out this becomes “pay to win”.

Someone talk me off the ledge here.....

That ledge isn't high enough, try this one.

While I will not be able to be certain until it launches the cynic in me already has a clear opinion:
This is typical anti consumer crap.

The EP system is an obfuscating "currency" layer which needs to be used to buy Lootcrates, which need to be used in the research center.
Other Disney games have this terrible system in place where opening crates costs time (the better the crate the more time it takes) and you have a limited amount of slots for crate opening and a limited amount of slots for unopened crates. That's what they're doing.

My current expectations:
1: I would not be surprised if the EP payout is somewhat random.
2: You buy the crate you want with the EP you get which then needs to be openend. Want to play your new toy now? Just drop some crystals to open it now.
3: You can buy EP in the store for crystals. EP can expire because we wouldn't want you to save up for stuff you actually want.
4: Getting the best crate is going to be virtually impossible without paying
5: What you get from the crate is still random. Don't think for a moment it will be like the old event store. You'll buy crates with EP which have at best a [i]"goowd"[i] chance of the frags you want.

If the frag system is still in place, then drop rates will be tweaked to become worse.
Because the whales will have to pay more to get what they want.

If you have crates in your HQ I STRONGLY recommend opening them BEFORE this crap goes live.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#59 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:44 am

So, if we want to upgrade our common units or skins we ll just not be able to and reseaching crates at the same time unless we buy crystals.
I see no other option otherwise as at higher levels research takes a lot of days if not weeks and by the end of it any eps or crates will have expired.
If this is this is the case only full 10s, pay to play players and early ones can benefit from this system.
How about at least giving a second lab to players at least from lvl8 and above?
HQ10 Rebel only, 58k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#60 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 am

My suspicion and cynicism have never been so high in relation to an update in this game before. I have to agree with many of the pessimistic opinions about the new rewards system. With the pardon of my French, I think this is all bullshit. Just another good opportunity to say "screw you, Disney..." or "they ruined the game again", It's just Disney being Disney that we all know and turning the game again in their favor by penalizing players and exploiting the good faith of all players to keep them playing this stupid game for longer.

I really don't care. I ended up with my Rebel base - my objective was to get to level 8 complete, and it's done. I'm not interested in upgrading the HQ to level 9. End of the line for me as Rebel. As Imperial, I still have a lot to upgrade to level 9, and when I finish, I do not intend to upgrade to level 10. Before that, I burn all crystals I still have from my Windows Compensation to finish level 9 as fast as possible and leave the game forever.

Good luck to those who will continue in the game, and do not forget to reserve an escape pod when this ship start to sink...
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 10 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Solo's_Band" squad Level 50, come visit and enjoy our perks!)

Return to “General Discussions”