[Windows] Lost Access To Account - Please Help

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
starwars76
Cadet Trooper

[Windows] Lost Access To Account - Please Help

Post#1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:09 am

I made this account today please bear with me, I have been playing Star Wars Commander for about 2 months (I don't get on every day) my account name is S-76 and I have a level 4 HQ (was almost at enough alloy for 5) and I am in Ghost_Squad, A few days ago I left for vacation and brought my laptop with me so I could play, first I went to legoland with my younger brother and everything was fine, after 2 days we went to disney and that's when the problems started. Just as I did in legoland I connected to the wifi and went to check on my construction / etc however when I logged in I found myself in the tutorial. I was very confused and sped through it so I could make a name and search myself up, I named my new account S-77 and I can still see S-76 (my base) and my account in the squad when I search it up, sadly I cannot join it as it's full so I can't ask for help there which is why I chose the forums. I never added a facebook account (don't use it) and I have no idea how to get into my account now. I'm currently back home still experiencing the problem and I have not even the slightest idea how to fix it. Nothing on the support page was close to my problem as I never had to ''uninstall'' or mess with files or anything like that. It's as if this was an mmo and I switched to an alt account only to lose access to my main account.

I downloaded the game off the windows store I am using windows 8 on a lenovo laptop. Please help!

EDIT:

I have an unrelated question because if I can get my account back (omg please) I wanted to know about planet bases (when I get to hq 5) do you take your pieces from your old base and build a new base on the new planet, copypasta your current base (same on both planets) or have 2 different ones on each planet
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined Back to Back Posting from Poster - Added "Edit"

Pirate
Admiral

Re: Lost access to account on alt, please help.

Post#2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm

If you are not synced with Facebook, you will have to rely on restoring your playerprefs.dat file to restore your game. See post #23 in the thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4155&p=35204&hilit=playerprefs#p35204

If you can restore your Windows to a restore point before this file was overwritten, you may be in business. If not, you are probably going to have to start from scratch. Sorry man

I lost a near max 7 base before I learned of this. I still have to restore my playerprefs file from time to time when the game randomly resets.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

DeathStriker

Re: Lost access to account on alt, please help.

Post#3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

starwars76 wrote:...when I logged in I found myself in the tutorial. I was very confused and sped through it so I could make a name and search myself up, I named my new account S-77 and I can still see S-76 (my base) and my account in the squad when I search it up, sadly I cannot join it as it's full so I can't ask for help there which is why I chose the forums...

starwars76 - I am sorry that you are having issues.

My best advice is for you to contact Disney Mobile Support. As long as you can "prove" you own the "old account" and "new account" they may be able to help you, but since you did not use Facebook, that might be an issue.

Windows Players have access to a file called Playerspref which you can backup to prevent the issue you describe. You can read more about this by clicking here.

How to Contact Disney Mobile Support

You can contact Disney Mobile Support here.

Click on the GREEN [Contact Us] Button in the lower right corner and answer the prompts thereafter.

⇨ Be sure to include with your initial "report" the following:

1. Your Player ID (found in Settings > About).
  2. Your In-Game Name.
  3. Your Squad Name.
  4. Your Game Device and its Current OS Version.
  5. Your SWC Game Version and Build (found in Settings > About).
  6. A description of the "issues" you have noted.
  7. Any Screenshots you may have taken.
Helping Others Is What I Do...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

starwars76
Cadet Trooper

Re: [Windows] Lost Access To Account - Please Help

Post#4 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Looks like i'm going to have to start from scratch :(.

Thank's for trying.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:48 am

Sync to FB is almost necessary for Windows... I lost everything on my L9 base back in 2015... I don't love FB, but I also don't love spending months of progress on SWC wiped out by a wacky upgrade to SWC

PHOENIX1
Officer

Post#6 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:22 pm

If I would have known that facebook was required to save the game, I wouldn't have started playing. This past time that I lost access to my base (the third time btw) I was able to use a restore point on my computer to regain access. I think there is a post in one of the forums here that says using a restore point won't work, but it did for me. I am playing on a Windows 10 PC btw. good luck.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:47 pm

PHOENIX1 wrote:If I would have known that facebook was required to save the game, I wouldn't have started playing. This past time that I lost access to my base (the third time btw) I was able to use a restore point on my computer to regain access. I think there is a post in one of the forums here that says using a restore point won't work, but it did for me. I am playing on a Windows 10 PC btw. good luck.

PHOENIX1 - Yes, Windows Players have access to a file called Playerspref which you can backup to help with any issues. You can read more about this by clicking here.

Unfortunately, iOS/Android/Amazon Players need to use another way to back up their game which often means using Facebook.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”