Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes - Discussion Thread

Post#1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 am

Rival Star Wars Game Promotion

In-Game Commander News - 01-09-2017
(Click here to view LARGER image)

OK, can anyone explain to me why Star Wars Commander is promoting another software companies "rival Star Wars Game" that was was formally released on November 24, 2015 according to the source found here and of which this rival game's most recent "Update" was November 22, 2016 according to the information found here and here?

I am posting this thread so other can comment on this...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DCReborn
Commodore

Re: Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes - Discussion Thread

Post#2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:53 am

I can't think of any reason that would be good for SWCs future

Pirate
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 am

We get so many mixed signals from developers. I would hope that this is just an in-game advertisement and nothing else.
Last edited by Pirate on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:21 am

The only "reasons" that I could logically come up with were:

1. You are playing a Star Wars Game - so - maybe you will like this "other one".
  2. There is a Rogue One Special Event going on - so - maybe you will like the recent "Rogue One Hero Pack" for "another game" as mentioned here.
  3. Most troubling... We here are running out of "game ideas" and wanted to point you the Player to another Star Wars Game which is more "fun" :roll:
In the end, trying to understand the enigma that is the Disney Marketing Long Term Plan will give you severe migraine headaches and result in lost time from work due to having to stay home to "recuperate" where you can play Star Wars Commander... HEY - I may have found the "real reason" :lol:

Continuing the conversation...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 am

Advertising pays the game developers. I suspect they are being paid for this.

Galaxy of Heroes is heavily advertised on a series of games, it doesn't surprise me to see it here. There is an obvious potential cross-over of interest for players.

Also both are ultimately using a Disney franchise (SW) from which Disney profits.

I understand the concerns, but I don't think we need to worry because of this. I also play Galaxy of Heroes. The game play is entirely different, and I don't see it as any threat to SWC.

Interestingly though, when there are bugs or problems with Galaxy of Heroes, they give their players purple crystals (GoH's equivalent of our green crystals), and data cards (GoH's equivalent of data frags), and the acknowledge fault. Now there's an approach to players that the SWC developers could learn from ...

(edited to add)
I've visited GoH's official website occasionally. It worked properly and looked well run when I went there. Now imagine if SWC had that level of support from Disney / it's developers ...
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

M0rdresh
Commander

Post#6 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:14 am

You can either see it as just merely advertisement for a franchise owned by Disney or an imminent plan to sunset Star Wars Commanders and thus an effort to move some potential players to the other game ;)

It highly doubt EA would allow the opposite...this is a little strange.
Sadly as ObiWan said above, Galaxies of Heroes is in terms of production value, support, a different league than this game.

I already said it before, created a thread about, there is just something in me SWC is not so stick around. Looking how aggressive Disney can be with shutdowns (the not soo bad performing Infinity franchise, three month old Marvel game, etc) the SWC community reps being laid off and last but not least a meager spot below TOP100 of top grossing games on Android for example...

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

stonejack26
Captain

Post#7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:35 am

Is it normal for veteran gamers to always think the game they have long played will end soon? Every since I logged on to this forum someone thinks the inevitable sky is falling yet the game just keeps coming out with more and more content. It's rather annoying but I am learning to ignore it. It just doesn't make any sense when you boil everything down to a bit of paranoia. I do give merit to the concerns and thoughts of those who have been here long before me but I don't know...If the sky falls it can hit me on the head...

M0rdresh
Commander

Post#8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 pm

stonejack26 wrote:Is it normal for veteran gamers to always think the game they have long played will end soon? It's rather annoying but I am learning to ignore it. It just doesn't make any sense when you boil everything down to a bit of paranoia.
Tell that to the ex-players of Disney's Marvel: Avengers Alliance and Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2. And while you are at it, talk to those that spend quite the fortune on Disney Infinity, only to see it shut down so abruptly surprising industry analyst that were looking at fairly profitable numbers.

Want me to go on and add the sudden shutdown of the quite popular ‘Tiny Death Star’ without even notifying the developer? So yes, Disney has showed it is capable of shutting down drastically, for reasons that does not always seem to be apparent or to be predicted due to this or that.

You may find talks about it annoying and attribute it to paranoia, while my previous post is more written lightheartedly than fearful; it takes no genius to see SWC is rather on the backburner than anything else for Disney, so yes, there is reason for some people to worry and talk about, if that is allowed?

stonejack26
Captain

Post#9 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Certainly, anything is allowed. Policing the thread is not my intent and thank you for the history, I wasn't aware. These threads don't exactly inspire new player confidence but perhaps the veterans as a whole are in a self-destructive nature.

However, it could also be a boon to those looking to invest time into this game that it is a waste of time and could be wiped out at moment by the Devs, Disney or Kessen!

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm

My main concern is how so much content was dropped on us as fast as it was. I think it's been a bit overwhelming for most players. I would have expected more time in between the new additions. Add to that the recent removal of the community manager and official website debacle.... easy to start thinking something may be imminent.

Return to “General Discussions”