[Forum Issue] Unable To Register

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
QuanDanner
Captain

[Forum Issue] Unable To Register

Post#1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:29 am

Unable to register here

My nephew has tried and tried to register here for a forum account to promote his squad but every time he tries to register, he says he gets this error:

No soup for you! It looks like you have been flagged as a spammer.

He has tried using both his gmail account and his aol account and says that even though he answers everything correctly, the error prevents him from registering. Maybe a forum admin can help him.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title to Better Define Topic - Added "Original Title" to Main Thread Post.
Requested My Account Banned - Disney Complied- No Longer Playing - Goodbye

Winnie
Major General

Re: Unable to register here

Post#2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:41 am

QuanDanner wrote:My nephew has tried and tried to register here for a forum account to promote his squad but every time he tries to register, he says he gets this error:

No soup for you! It looks like you have been flagged as a spammer.

He has tried using both his gmail account and his aol account and says that even though he answers everything correctly, the error prevents him from registering. Maybe a forum admin can help him.

Change the name. :)
---------------------------------
I _ ShadowCompany _ I

DeathStriker

Re: [Forum Issue] Unable To Register

Post#3 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:18 pm

This same "issue" was reported to me via PM by other Forum Members.

Here is the advice I sent them:

TWO ISSUES:

1. Using SPACES. A review of the registered Forum Members noted that SPACES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
  2. Using PUNCTUATION. The use of Special Characters and Punctuation is not allowed.
FROM THE FORUM REGISTRATION PAGE:

Username: Username must be between 3 characters and 20 characters long and use only letter or number characters.

RECOMMENDATION:

Try registering with "Nosoupforyou" (without spaces and exclamation mark).

Hope that helps... If not PM me and/or Commander...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 am

Check here:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2355456
And here:
http://stopforumspam.com/

Maybe the mail-adresses of your nephew are either listed on the latter site or username or mail contains parts which are identified as potential spammer by the anti-spam module of this forum.
Such as: admin, sysop etc.

I don't know the anti-spam measures of this forum. But the "no soup for you" hints to such a function.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Winnie
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:13 am

DeathStriker wrote:This same "issue" was reported to me via PM by other Forum Members.

Here is the advice I sent them:

TWO ISSUES:

1. Using SPACES. A review of the registered Forum Members noted that SPACES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
  2. Using PUNCTUATION. The use of Special Characters and Punctuation is not allowed.
FROM THE FORUM REGISTRATION PAGE:

Username: Username must be between 3 characters and 20 characters long and use only letter or number characters.

RECOMMENDATION:

Try registering with "Nosoupforyou" (without spaces and exclamation mark).

Hope that helps... If not PM me and/or Commander...

I was that, i couldnt register. I modified the name only and it worked.

Other. Can you modify my name? I wanted to register with "Winnie" name, that was what the page rejected.
I _ ShadowCompany _ I

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:51 am

JustlikeWinnie wrote:Other. Can you modify my name? I wanted to register with "Winnie" name, that was what the page rejected.

JustlikeWinnie - Changing your registered Forum Name is difficult but not impossible.

You must have a very good reason to do so and it must be a once in a "Forum Lifetime" occurrence. More clearly you can't have your Forum Name changed frequently over and over again.

The reasons for this are simple - to prevent other Forum Members from getting confused (since they get use to knowing you via a particular "Forum Name / ID") and also to prevent "problem Forum Members" from "hiding", amongst other reasons.

That all said, if you want your Forum Name changed you will need to PM Commander whom is the only one whom can "edit" the "name database". He will be able to help change it, provided of course the "New Name" has not already been taken by some other Member.

Hope that helps answer your question...

Winnie
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:30 am

DeathStriker wrote:...

Thx!

How can i do that? Where can i find the "commander"?
I _ ShadowCompany _ I

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:44 am

JustlikeWinnie wrote:

Thx!

How can i do that? Where can i find the "commander"?

Look at your Forum Name in upper right corner and select "User Control Panel" from drop-down menu.
Click on New PM, enter "commander" in Add recipients:, click [Add] Button, then add "message" and Send.
Good luck...

Vorchild
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:46 am

I had this problem too. Went to my second choice user name with the same email address and everything was fine. No idea why...

EDIT: Needless to say, the whole contact the admin part of the No Soup message is annoying since, without an account, you can't contact an admin.

Winnie
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Thank you man, again!

Have a nice day!
I _ ShadowCompany _ I

Return to “General Discussions”