Contraband Raids

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
bluedevils9512
Lieutenant

Contraband Raids

Post#1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:32 am

Is there no control on this? i had just about 39,000 and i got raided 5900. just about 15%. I know when i try to save to upgrade my droideka it going to be in the 100k and i am going to say that i will lost over 15000 in contraband. Have to spend hours just trying to collect that and went to go take a piss and BAM!!! It's all gone. well, i have lost over 9k because of my last upgrade. this is crazy. Any thoughts on this?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized

stonejack26
Captain

Re: contraband raids

Post#2 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:39 am

It gets better IMO. When you start seeing many bases with lots of CB to loot back it's less of a blow losing 10k plus on a single attack. It doesn't even bother me anymore cause when I really want CB for an upgrade, I'll just go get it.

bluedevils9512
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:52 am

Just asking because my next upgrade is going to cost me 105k to go to lvl 17. Just want to know if i will see bases like mine that i can raid that much. I never see anything above 3k. when in war i do see people droideka lvl 1-6. very rare i see anything higher then that.

rRr
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:55 am

Just.dont.log.off ;)

I just finished my todays contrabant raid..226 000 for Opressor lvl 17 (17 is it? Not sure) and if I can give you advices, here you go:
1.) They are not worth it! If you want dekas just to show off, go for it. They are like sports cars: fast, unpractical, cost way too much. Droidekas hit hard..but they break on stronger wind, repair time is ridiculously long and they cost way too much. Even my level 27 Sentinel dies in every defense!
2.) You cant keep too much! Dont try to have big suplies of contrabant. I dont care about that pink drug unless I can spend it right that time. So I usually start raiding for contra just few hours before my droid is ready.
3.) Dont stop! Once I start raiding for contra, I dont log off until it is spent for next Droideka upgrade. A time management is important here.
4.) Choose targets (and planet). Nobody have days for farming. You have to chose planet where many good targets are and skip bases with low contra. If you sre attacking everything that comes to you, you wont get above lvl 20 of Dekas.
5.) You cant defend it. Doesnt matter how great your layout is, or how high your turrents are, they will get it! Honestly I think that too strong looking layout is bad here. Average players will skip you cuz they will see no chance getting it. That results in being attacked by pros that will clear you like nothing ;)

Those are my experience, but I ain't lvl 10 and my Droidekas have long way to become lvl L :) so I might be wrong.
Empire HQ9, 16 000+ medals, living mainly on ErKit.
Contrabant addict (Sentinel @lvl27 (cap), Opressor @lvl18).
Proud leader of FirstLorder, causal, yet active squad.
We accept active causal players interested in improving theirs skill.
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

stonejack26
Captain

Post#5 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:00 am

If you are on the Windows platform, IDK, think you are stuck at tatoo and cross your fingers.

For ios/droid platforms (really base score dependant but generally since ur deka is lvl 17 i'll assume u are lvl 9/10):

IMPs have reported great looting opps in Er Kit while Rebs have found good luck into Hoth/Tatoo. As I rebel I've found Hoth a very fun and efficient place to go for resources but you will get raided there most likely immediately upon logging off.

bluedevils9512
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:06 am

I am still a TH 8. maxing out everything first

JustlikeWinnie
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:09 am

rRr wrote:Those are my experience, but I ain't lvl 10 and my Droidekas have long way to become lvl L :) so I might be wrong.

You are right. :)
---------------------------------
I _ ShadowCompany _ I
---------------------------------

FruitBowlMafia
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:37 am

Try loosing 110,000 per hit on Defense. If you are upset now I advise you just stop leveling them up.
Lone_Rebellion

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:05 am

While it might be nice to have MAXED DekA and DekO defending your Base, when you look at the Stats for the DekA and DekO it is hard to justify Upgrading both these Units past Level 15 unless you are looking for "bragging rights".

ADVICE / TIP: Don't worry about Image (Contraband) too much, and Upgrade your DekA / DekO slowly to keep "repair time" as low as possible.

ON A SIDE / RELATED ISSUE... The Contraband needed to Hire Mercenaries is often not hard to get so there is no need to "stockpile" it.

Adding to this Thread...

Obliterating Empire Bases is not only our Prime Mission but is how we have FUN!

pdqsport
Commodore

Re: Contraband Raids

Post#10 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:13 pm

One day I plan to have my Deka/Deko leveled to a ridiculous height, but I do not stress about it. I have too much other work to do on my base to worry about the defenses that always break down on me and require droids to repair. (traps are also single use, but drop some alloy on them and they are right back online...no real time cost)

For now, when I am not on a contraband bender (as a Rebel I find Hoth to be the best looting grounds available) my contraband storehouse serves as 'bait' to get imperials to hit a spot on my base that provides the best chances of a defensive victory.

I figure if someone is going to come along and take my lunch money...they will have to earn it.
HQ 9 : 17k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 45 Squad

Return to “General Discussions”