R.I.P. HD loop?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthVacc
Major General

Re: R.I.P. HD loop?

Post#21 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 pm

Euph wrote:Well I guess that kills the theory it was a poorly advertised feature. Oh well.

Meh, as a bug it was only going to last so long. I used and enjoyed the loop, but Bert is right, the data on frag collection was going to be a giant shining star that they couldn't miss forever. C'est la vie.

I have to disagree... this is a "glitch" I've been aware of since stumbling upon in it May. Once I figured out how and when it was triggered, I'd dip it into it once in awhile when I felt like stocking up on some loot or (now) data frags.

Sure, maybe there has been an uptick in the usage of this since the frag stuff hit, and MAYBE there was a spike in the data, but there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the little stunt pulled by the player and moderator chatting up the "loop" in another thread caused this particular hole to get plugged.

Glitching going on for months + a couple dumb asses chatting on a forum about it on Sunday = four days later: gone-zo.

^ NOT a coincidence

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 pm

DarthVacc wrote:
Euph wrote:Well I guess that kills the theory it was a poorly advertised feature. Oh well.

Meh, as a bug it was only going to last so long. I used and enjoyed the loop, but Bert is right, the data on frag collection was going to be a giant shining star that they couldn't miss forever. C'est la vie.

I have to disagree... this is a "glitch" I've been aware of since stumbling upon in it May. Once I figured out how and when it was triggered, I'd dip it into it once in awhile when I felt like stocking up on some loot or (now) data frags.

Sure, maybe there has been an uptick in the usage of this since the frag stuff hit, and MAYBE there as a spike in the data, but there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the little stunt pulled by the player and moderator chatting up the "loop" in another thread caused this particular hole to get plugged.

Glitching going on for months + a couple dumbasses chatting on a forum about it on Sunday = four days later: gone-zo.

^ NOT a coincidence

This ^
+1

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Over 2,000 no outpost replays being shared! The largest collection of commander replays out there. Soon to become a museum of our game.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Euph
Admiral

Post#23 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:33 pm

DarthVacc wrote:

Sure, maybe there has been an uptick in the usage of this since the frag stuff hit, and MAYBE there was a spike in the data, but there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the little stunt pulled by the player and moderator chatting up the "loop" in another thread caused this particular hole to get plugged.

Glitching going on for months + a couple dumb asses chatting on a forum about it on Sunday = four days later: gone-zo.

^ NOT a coincidence

What are you disagreeing with? I didn't say that people talking about it on the forum did or didn't cause it. It probably did cause it, I agree that the devs lurk here. I simply said that the data would've been glaringly obvious, and as such it wouldn't last forever, either way. They would've found it by sheer accident eventually.

My point is - since it wouldn't last forever, people shouldn't get so uptight about it, especially since that whole thread was one big lesson in the Striesand-effect anyway. Telling people not to talk about something is talking about it.

Seems silly to throw blame around like this.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

rRr
Admiral

Post#24 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 pm

@DarthVacc:
You don't know how long were they working on "bugfix". It might take them just a 4 days as you say, but it also might take them 2 or 3 weeks (according to theirs level of skill). So it might, or might not be a coincidence.

You might been using it "once in a while", but what about the guys on LINE who said they are looping 16 hours a day, having bases that don't even need to refill SC and rearm traps? Sitting at work and starting new HD after one ended without even looking at theirs device. Wouln't that be the spike in data? The slap devs got after checking data? I find it ridiculous that nobody blame those, that nobody blames greed! Everybody blames just a one guy, who I am not a big fan of personally, but hes still doing good job for community. Do you really think that one post on unofficial forums that was there just for a while did more damage than greedy players who were looping for hours? So many were receiving shitloads of crates every day. Seruiously, so many people weren't able to control themselves, maybe if you didn't used it so obviously, it might last longer, think about it.

Euph wrote:Seems silly to throw blame around like this.

^^^ This, pretty much this.

Just a one funeral song for a HD loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0 :twisted:
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#25 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 am

@ Euph and rRr... Yes to both... I was simply disagreeing with the catalyst. Maybe the data revealed it, maybe not. And the guys that were exploiting it out of obnoxious greed? Stupid and reckless.

BUT: there has been ZERO mention of the loop on the forums until Sunday... Thursday? Fixed.

We all know the devs are SLOOOOOW to fix anything that helps us (the missing Yavin rewards from a few weeks back, the chat log, the screwed up HQ donations that caused app crashes, and on and on...) but you can BET they're gonna plug a hole that costs them ANY money faster than you can jump to lightspeed.

I've started a new thread warning of the dangers of posting sensitive info on these boards here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19146 I hope we can keep this bumped to the top of the feed (at least for awhile) so players know this is not a place to share secrets.

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

Pirate
Admiral

Post#26 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:12 am

Sad that developers would take time to fix this which really isn't detrimental or hurting anyone's experience yet the Squad Wars cheat is still being exploited on Windows. I guess there are bigger $$$ attached to making players work harder for frags.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:25 am

Please don't say abusive things about Death Striker.

This was MY fault.

Mine. ALL MINE.

MINE ALONE.

I have finally driven a knife through the community of people I enjoy and admire very much. I'll be removing myself from it, though I'm sorry I can't get you back all the fragments and fun you should be having.

The whole thing is the legacy of PhoenixAZ1899. Drag the right name through the mud. Point the gun at the people responsible.

Right here.

Good luck. I hope the Lord is pleased to bring some kind of fun back to the game for you all.

Please leave DS alone. This is one me.

Cheers, all.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

DeathStriker

Post#28 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 am

Spock wrote:Hotfix came out today.

Many reports coming in that the hd loop is dead. Players can't get it working now.

Nightmare wrote:Yeah...thanks for that one Dick Stroker

Napalm wrote:If this were Survivor, I'd be voting Death Striker off the island. smh.

Bob1234456776 wrote:Well striker? Any reply to this?

DarthVacc wrote:
Euph wrote:Oh well.Meh, as a bug it was only going to last so long. I used and enjoyed the loop, but Bert is right, the data on frag collection was going to be a giant shining star that they couldn't miss forever. C'est la vie.

I have to disagree... this is a "glitch" I've been aware of since stumbling upon in it May.

^ NOT a coincidence

rRr wrote:@DarthVacc:

Everybody blames just a one guy, who I am not a big fan of personally, but hes still doing good job for community. Do you really think that one post on unofficial forums that was there just for a while did more damage than greedy players who were looping for hours?

EVERYONE;

I think some have given me "power" that I simply do not have. If it was - TRUE - that I could simply make one Thread or one Post and have the SWC Game/App change overnight - I would of used this "power" to do good a long time ago. ;)

I personally think that the "fix" of the "HD Loop Bug" happened coincidentally with the postings on this Forum and not as a "result" of those postings.

ONE THING TO KEEP IN MIND... Most game veterans can attest to the fact that in one Hotfix they "correct an issue" and then in the next Client Update the "issue" returns.

SO... Maybe, just maybe, the HD Loop is not gone for good, but simply on "Holiday" taking a "Walkabout" and will return again.

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Please don't say abusive things about Death Striker.

This was MY fault. Mine. ALL MINE. MINE ALONE.

I have finally driven a knife through the community of people I enjoy and admire very much. I'll be removing myself from it, though I'm sorry I can't get you back all the fragments and fun you should be having.

The whole thing is the legacy of PhoenixAZ1899. Drag the right name through the mud. Point the gun at the people responsible.

Right here. Good luck. I hope the Lord is pleased to bring some kind of fun back to the game for you all.

Please leave DS alone. This is one me. Cheers, all.

PhoenixAZ1899 - Thanks for the support. :D

Please don't leave the community over this. As I have stated, I believe that is is NO ONES FAULT but simply something that happened at the same time.

Here is hoping you will stay for a while longer.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:43 am

If people get this worked up over a BUG being fixed (and don't act like you thought it wasn't a bug, everyone knew what it was) then how can they in their right mind be upset when bugs AREN'T fixed.

Make up your mind. It goes both ways. If you don't like bugs, then you don't like bugs. The HD loop was ridiculous. Was clearly a bug. And it clearly was going to go away at some point.

This "don't talk about it" it is "mine" mentality is a major problem in this game. It keeps many, many new players from ever feeling welcome and growing.

We want players to read this forum and learn all the cool tricks of the trade. Sometimes that means that there will be bugs discussed. If that leads to them being shut down ... fine. Do you really need open exploits to enjoy the game?

Seems much ado about nothing to me ...
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

spiderx
Commodore

Post#30 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:48 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Please don't say abusive things about Death Striker.

This was MY fault.

Mine. ALL MINE.

MINE ALONE.

Right here.

Good luck. I hope the Lord is pleased to bring some kind of fun back to the game for you all.

Please leave DS alone. This is one me.

Cheers, all.

Phoenix, relax!

The life was good with HD loop, the life is good without HD loop :) Let some people whine for some time - this helps with their emotional stress. Laugh and continue anything you do :)
Rebel HQ10. Base score: 2957 of 2964.
Favorite SWC website: www.star-wars-commander-info.com

Return to “General Discussions”