New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Planetbleeder
Captain

New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

Post#1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Fang at level 1 and 2 are pretty unimpressive. A level 8 Fang's damage is 15,000 while a level 3 Hawk is 17,390. Are these new birds worth getting? Let me know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title to Better Define Topic

DeathStriker

Re: New Fang and Striker Discussion

Post#2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Repost from Forum Member Moadib found here.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rebel Fang Fighter Level 10

Rebek HWK-290 lvl 10

added HWK -290 info also for comparison

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In my opinion, the Rebel Fang Fighter is still too new to determine its proper place / use so for now I will be relying on using my HWK-290's until I get further evidence / empirical reports from other Players.

Adding to this Thread...

Obliterating Empire Bases is not only our Prime Mission but is how we have FUN!

Euph
Commodore

Re: New Fang Fighter and TIE Striker Discussion

Post#3 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:00 pm

They seem kind of redundant. The wiki implies they have a major nerf against bruiser vehicles (25%) and the HWK/VT does not. In theory they might compliment one another if the Striker would one-shot minor vehicles which the VT doesn't, eg bikes/skiffs, but from experience thus far it does not. And since it takes longer to cook and is higher cap, it begs the question.. why?

I still need to test it out to confirm what it can and can't do, but so far I think I'll just keep my VTs on tap.

Also, I'm having trouble deciding what the Tie Striker looks the most like: A kite, or some kind of robotic butterfly.

Edit: Having had a bit more time to play around I've confirmed the Striker can actually one-shot a group of bikes, so I might keep one on me in the future.
Sith-Society iOS/Android Imperial Squad
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
[sound of Kubaz laughing]

Jaymanz
Lieutenant

Post#4 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Also the splash dmg extends outward one more square for the Striker/Fang vs VT/HWK.

They are probably very useful for lower lvls attacking up against SC with bikes/probes/skiffs and also against the bases for the buffs in squad wars like the tat weapons factory.

PhoenixAZ1899
Major General

Post#5 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Jaymanz wrote:Also the splash dmg extends outward one more square for the Striker/Fang vs VT/HWK.

They are probably very useful for lower lvls attacking up against SC with bikes/probes/skiffs and also against the bases for the buffs in squad wars like the tat weapons factory.

Good info, and a good point. Thanks for pointing both of those facts out.

My own experience, as with others in my squad, is that the Fang is pretty weak sauce. And it seems off for a ship designed as an interceptor to take out vehicles, but I guess it's SWC logic for you. After all, the iconic Y-Wing continues to lie useless in our hangars.
SONS_OF_DEATH is looking for active level 5+ Rebel Commanders!
PM me or request to join. Satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back!

Moadib
Captain

Post#6 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:39 am

i got another lvl 10 fang sample and am hunting for 1 more in crates then i ll record a part of video dumping fangs on atat or bikes and will post here so you can determine on your own how it does ...

will keep you posted ..
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Vorchild
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks Moadib. Like others, I've been pretty on the fence about this new fighter. Going to take forever to level it, too, in order to keep it part of the regular rotation if it comes to that. Much easier to max the HWK/VT.

Euph
Commodore

Post#8 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Vorchild wrote:Thanks Moadib. Like others, I've been pretty on the fence about this new fighter. Going to take forever to level it, too, in order to keep it part of the regular rotation if it comes to that. Much easier to max the HWK/VT.

True that. I've managed to grind just shy of 200 Striker frags and that was enough to get it to L5. L6 by itself costs 105 frags. -_-

Hope this event lasts for a while or they do another one in the near future because I shudder to think what L10 is gonna cost.
Sith-Society iOS/Android Imperial Squad
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
[sound of Kubaz laughing]

DarthBratzzz
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:55 am

Thanks for all info regarding Fang/Tie Striker.
So far I used it once on a Jugg -not a scratch.
I'll try it a few times on bikes/skiffs...
But I am afraid this kite is not one I'll fly very often...

Related Question: How does the forum feel about our other new unit, the Security Droid?
:lol: Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON (level 47) "Bunch of nerdy adults that like to drink beer and kill Rebels" :lol:
Galactic Contender for 0% damage for 0/0/0 loot attacks :roll:
Relentless fighter in squad wars, warrior-poet :mrgreen:

Moadib
Captain

Post#10 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:03 am

yes rebel Drabatan Saboteur max lvl 3

nothing usefull i can say about this unit so far used it like 5 times in attack i dont see any increased damage on area it throws its sonic bomb on start or anything that would justifie using it on regular bases and 4 uc this unit takes

imho it needs tweaking just like twilek and pig got their some time ago as dowutin also but that is discussion for another thread perhaps
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Return to “General Discussions”