[iOS/Android] Preview On Next Update - Version 4.5.0.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
RebelYell
Admiral

[iOS/Android] Preview On Next Update - Version 4.5.0.

Post#1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 am

There's no specific date known but the next update (4.5.0) is somewhere around the corner. I don't want to be too specific by now. But here are some details:

You've read about daily rewards in the chinese version of SWC (that one where dev "Dan Story" participated). Not? Anyway, it will now arrive in the rest of the world.

Conflicts:
Elite Data Fragments now will help upgrading event units.
Beginning from Durasteel tiers, you'll receive fragments which will help upgrading. (Probably need to do multiple conflicts to upgrade a unit unless you reach Ultra Chrome).

And somewhere after that update are also lurking new (probably rogue1 inspired) one-time use units. Their abilities seem to be similar to the AT-RTs special ability.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title to Better Define Topic
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

DarkCurse
Commander

Re: Preview on next update

Post#2 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:05 am

Ah cool, lets buff kessen!

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:41 am

Ah, cool, except I haven't seen but six elite fragments since the Armory arrived. Seriously. My walls and HQ are levelled up to 5, and my mortars and rapids are up to 4, but I have six total elite fragments. And I have opened at least two dozen gold crates. They just give me 8 advanced fragments. Bleh.

Still, rare event upgrades are better than none at all. Just still nothing I see to get excited about.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

ComanderWolfe1
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:49 am

Must be happening now, got tossed from game and cannot get back in, cnfo, forced stop now won't load.

Got back in after 30 min, no change, got attacked 2 times but could not load game...
Leader of Browncoatswash ...............Firefly fans
Level 11 Rebel 105K Medals,, Commanderwolfe in game.
Long gone Squad The-Wolfe-Pack
Room for more, PM to join

pdqsport
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 am

Phoenix, I think the OP is referring to Elite Frags being obtained as part of conflict rewards, not as them being included in crate rewards (I think I might have gotten 10-12 total elite frags so far, which is too rare for the number of crates I've opened IMHO).

My read is that they might be going back to something like the way the conflicts used to be with players getting some form of 'upgrade points' that would be cashed in to upgrade a unit.

Only time will tell which interpretation is correct, or at least I hope the game lasts long enough for time to have a chance to speak. :?
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:40 am

Hope you're right, PD. That sounds better.

Either way, RebelYell, thanks for the info. Time will tell if it comes true.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:49 am

You'll probably get fragments to upgrade the event unit as a reward. They'll stack up as the fragments now do. So of you didn't get enough in one conflict you can get them in the next one (on that planet).
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

pdqsport
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:57 am

RebelYell wrote:You'll probably get fragments to upgrade the event unit as a reward. They'll stack up as the fragments now do. So of you didn't get enough in one conflict you can get them in the next one (on that planet).

If that is how they do it, then the conflicts become much better for participants as you would almost always be (at the very least) progressing towards the unit upgrade instead of it being top 2% or bust (like it is now) to upgrade the unit.
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Similar to how the event store worked. This must be the compromise the Devs are making. If it happens then props to the Devs on making event units more accessible

DeathStriker

Re: [iOS/Android] Preview On Next Update - Version 4.5.0.

Post#10 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:52 pm

RebelYell wrote:There's no specific date known but the next update (4.5.0) is somewhere around the corner. I don't want to be too specific by now. But here are some details:

You've read about daily rewards in the chinese version of SWC (that one where dev "Dan Story" participated). Not? Anyway, it will now arrive in the rest of the world.

Conflicts:
Elite Data Fragments now will help upgrading event units.
Beginning from Durasteel tiers, you'll receive fragments which will help upgrading. (Probably need to do multiple conflicts to upgrade a unit unless you reach Ultra Chrome).

And somewhere after that update are also lurking new (probably rogue1 inspired) one-time use units. Their abilities seem to be similar to the AT-RTs special ability.

RebelYell - Thanks For Posting! :)

Your post also relates to my Thread Post found here.

QUESTION: Can you state your "official source" for your comments?

⇨ NOTE: Based upon my post / warning found here we should see a Client Update in the next few weeks.

When the Armory was introduced, and I saw the way Units were Unlocked / Upgraded, I too thought of Dan Story's comment about them developing a new way to Unlock / Upgrade Event Only Up-Gradable Units, and also thought that use of Data Fragments may be what he was talking about.

RebelYell - If what you say is - TRUE - than it will be a welcomed change to PvP Conflicts where now it is UCL-or-Bust.

If I could participate, and end in, say Bronzium League, and get some Event Unit Data Fragments to "partially Unlock/Upgrade" Event Unit than I won't see my efforts go to waste like it does now where you could be in the UCL and then in the last minutes find yourself in the Obsidian League with a ending Percentage of 2.01%.

Continuing the Discussion...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”