New Feature - Armory - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Re: New Feature - Armory - Discussion Thread

Post#51 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:47 pm

I'd like some help, guys. Would someone test this out and let me know?

If you activate equipment specific to a planet (e.g., snow troopers), leave that planet, and then later return to that planet, without ever going into the armory, when you return to the original planet, will your planet-specific equipment resume?

Example: Say I activate snowtroopers on Hoth. I go to Tatooine. Then I return to Hoth. I never open my armory. Will I have snowtroopers active on my return to Hoth?

I ask because I have some jungle troops activated, but my armory is upgrading for a week. I want to know if I lose them for the full duration of the upgrade if I leave Yavin-Takodana-Dandoran.

Thanks in advance!
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

KerrAvon
Squadron Leader

Post#52 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Yes Phoenix, you lose the snowtroopers from the armoury as soon as you leave Hoth.

I did exactly what you are thinking of doing. I activated my Commandos on Tako and started the armoury upgrade. I later moved to Hoth and then to Yavin 4. When I arrived on Yavin 4 I did not have my Commandos active. And of course could not do anything about that since my armoury was still upgrading.

So it seems planet specific equipment is automatically deactivated as soon as you leave that planet(s). A squadmate also pointed out that there is a warning message, indicating as such, when you press the button to planet hop.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#53 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks, Kerr. I saw the warning message, too, but thought maybe, since the "perk" was still in your armory, it might automatically re-activate when you moved back to Hoth. No worries. Doggone, but the Armory takes a long time to upgrade.

Interestingly, I'm getting Maz crate objectives to destroy a certain number of armories now.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

BertO
Major General

Post#54 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:59 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Thanks, Kerr. I saw the warning message, too, but thought maybe, since the "perk" was still in your armory, it might automatically re-activate when you moved back to Hoth. No worries. Doggone, but the Armory takes a long time to upgrade.

Interestingly, I'm getting Maz crate objectives to destroy a certain number of armories now.

I still haven't got any troop perks yet so I figure the best thing to do is go hard on Amory upgrades now so if I ever have a use for it I won't have to worry about waiting for upgrades.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Euph
Admiral

Post#55 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:35 pm

I've got a few of the elite perks unlocked now but I'm still following that logic, Bert. Just max it out ASAP and get it out of the way. I figure I'll have a couple more done by the time it finishes and I'll have lots of new toys to play with. Like Christmas!
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#56 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:44 pm

I've got my armoury upgraded to level 4. I plan to get it to level 6 before I start worrying about upgrades within the armoury. Plus I still have a lot of regular units to upgrade to level 10.

My Maz crates tend to be HQ (level 1), walls (level 1) and proton mortars. This is a regular source of disappointment to me as I now have 120/20 level 1 units for my HQ and about the same for my walls, plus I have no proton mortars on my base.

Now if there was an armoury upgrade for sonic turrets ...
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

pdqsport
Major General

Post#57 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm also sitting on a bunch of mortar turret upgrade frags(disappointing based on my build), but leveling up the walls and HQ are really short order (i.e. do not take very long yet) items so I'm good on those. Or at least I will be when my level 9 Luke finally clears the research center so that I can clear the logjam.

I've also gotten parts for the rapid fire turrets (I have a couple so not a total waste on me) for level 1 of both health and damage as well as finally getting the last 2 frags needed for the commandos.

Once I make a trip to a green planet I'll have to see how they look/function for me. (Currently on Tatooine, but I've been doing 2-3 planet hops per day during the event for extra crates.)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#58 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 pm

So, does anyone know whether or not active equipment effects the (invisible) base score? My (4th base) baby level 8 Rebel Base seems to be seeing tougher opponents since I've activated five pieces of equipment (levels I to III).

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#59 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:50 pm

In case anyone was wondering, although it only shows 5 slots for equipment, you can activate more than that and it scrolls. You will be limited by your capacity still. (I have walls, hq, both rapids and both mortars)
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

spiderx
Commodore

Post#60 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:02 am

To unlock troop boosts you have to hunt for Gold (tier 3) crates on 4 planets: yavin, dandoran, takodana (for "jungle" troops) and hoth (for "snow" troops). If you reside on a different planet or you get lower tier crates - you will usually get structure/turret fragments only.
Rebel HQ10. Base score: 2957 of 2964.
Favorite SWC website: www.star-wars-commander-info.com

Return to “General Discussions”