New Feature - Armory - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
pdqsport
Major General

Re: New Feature - Armory - Discussion Thread

Post#21 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Those crates you show...are they from the Heroic Defense set? The ones that I see as a rebel (the daily objective ones) are graphically different and do not show the option of getting a Vanguard upgrade as a reward.

The daily crates (at least for me) show as Tier 1 Objective, Tier 2 Objective, and Tier 3 Objective.
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

DeathStriker

Post#22 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:49 pm

pdqsport wrote:Those crates you show...are they from the Heroic Defense set? The ones that I see as a rebel (the daily objective ones) are graphically different and do not show the option of getting a Vanguard upgrade as a reward.

The daily crates (at least for me) show as Tier 1 Objective, Tier 2 Objective, and Tier 3 Objective.

pdqsport - YES.

In order to make it easier on readers I only showed the Heroic Defense "event" Supply Crates, but as you pointed out and I posted earlier you can get Data Fragments in BOTH Planetary Objectives and Heroic Defense "events".

**I EDITED MY PREVIOUS POSTING**

At least with Daily Planetary Objectives along with also moving from Planet to Planet you can collect several Data Fragments quicker and easier than doing Heroic Defense "events".

THE ONLY QUESTION I STILL HAVE is if the Data Fragments are "linked" to specific Equipment / Structure Buffs - that is Advanced for only Advanced Buffs and Elite for only Elite Buffs.

My current thinking is that they are - but maybe someone can clarify as to if this is "true".

Continuing the Discussion...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Sixace
Captain

Post#23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:27 pm

It looks like they have added back the "unlocks" to the crates (at least the heroic one above). This is good news for the lottery players.
Empire Player Lvl10

“He who only sees the obvious, wins his battles with difficulty; he who looks below the surface of things, wins with ease”
― Sun Tzu

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#24 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Sixace wrote:It looks like they have added back the "unlocks" to the crates (at least the heroic one above). This is good news for the lottery players.

Unlocks were always there from heroic defenses.

spiderx
Commodore

Post#25 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:03 am

Top players already have armory at level 6 with lots of boosts unlocked :)
I found basic armory stats there:
http://www.star-wars-commander-info.com ... rmory.html
Rebel HQ10. Base score: 2957 of 2964.
Favorite SWC website: www.star-wars-commander-info.com

DeathStriker

Post#26 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:06 pm

ATTENTION EMPIRE COMMANDERS

I have updated this Thread with Empire Screenshots courtesy of Euph.

I have posted the separate images mostly here (see Purple Color / Bottom of Post) and also a screenshot of the Commander News for Empire Faction here (related Thread).

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#27 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:11 pm

spiderx wrote:Top players already have armory at level 6 with lots of boosts unlocked :)
I found basic armory stats there:
http://www.star-wars-commander-info.com ... rmory.html

Thanks for the share. I'd hesitate to call them top players. Top payers, maybe, but not top players. The level of your base is NOT a reflection of your ability in this game.
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#28 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Somebody on the design team sure loves Dark Forces 2. Between the HWK-290 being the Moldy Crow and now these data disks being the same thing that Kyle Katarn got back from 8t88 to discover the location of the Valley of the Jedi, I'm getting a lot of nostalgia for those great old Lucasfilm games. Maybe if we get enough data discs, WeeGee will reveal the location of the valley to us and give us Rahn's old lightsaber. For those of you lucky enough to remember Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2, here's a link to the old cut scenes, as terrible as they were: https://youtu.be/w2DcbB2vZcc
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#29 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm not surprised that the DEVS have buffed units that work on HOTH, but no buffs for units on Er'Kit.

Euph
Admiral

Post#30 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:56 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Somebody on the design team sure loves Dark Forces 2. Between the HWK-290 being the Moldy Crow and now these data disks being the same thing that Kyle Katarn got back from 8t88 to discover the location of the Valley of the Jedi, I'm getting a lot of nostalgia for those great old Lucasfilm games. Maybe if we get enough data discs, WeeGee will reveal the location of the valley to us and give us Rahn's old lightsaber. For those of you lucky enough to remember Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2, here's a link to the old cut scenes, as terrible as they were: https://youtu.be/w2DcbB2vZcc

I knew I recognized that data disk from somewhere. I played the heck out of JK:DF2 online.. far more than I really should have.. but only played the story once or twice.

Thanks for the nostaliga. :D
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Return to “General Discussions”