POLL - Do You Want PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: POLL - Do You Want PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads?

YES, Please Start Them Here.
55%
Yes BUT Only If In Sub-Forums.
6%
Maybe, BUT I Rarely View Them.
10%
No, I Don’t Think They Are Needed.
22%
NO - Bad Idea - Avoid At All Costs!
5%
Other (Specify in Reply Post)
2%
Total votes: 157

DeathStriker

POLL - Do You Want PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:42 am

EVERYONE;

I posted the following (slightly edited) on the "Official Forum" which I am posting here to start the conversation:

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Prior to July 2015, when Players saw the announcement and eventual occurance of PvP Tournaments and PvE Campaigns there was great interest amongst most Players and participation in the related Threads and Polls was great with lots of comments (and complaints).

With the release of the 07-15-2015 Client Update, we saw for the first time, in addition to Tatooine, four New Planets (end eventually a fifth), and a new PvP Tournament "format" - now called PvP Conflicts - along with what we finally came to realize was the end of PvE Campaigns.

It was at this time that I, on the Playdom Forum for Star Wars Commander, started tracking PvP Conflicts (and early on I also hoped to track PvE Campaigns). This "tracking" involved the creation of the PvP Conflict / PvE Campaign Schedule Thread as well as performing the following PvP Conflict Tasks:

1. PvP Conflict Announcements (creation of new Thread).
  2. PvP Conflict One Day Announcements (conflict starting within 24 hours).
  3. PvP Conflict Start Announcements (to include duration and end date).
  4. PvP Conflict Participation Posts (how I was doing and early on I posted day-by-day Top-50 Leaderboard Stats).
  5. PvP Conflict Ending Announcements (conflict ending within 24 hours).
  6. PvP Conflict End Announcements and Related Poll.
  7. PvP Conflict End Stats for both Myself and the Top-50 Leaderboard.
Over time, since 07-15-2015 to 08-04-2016 (when I stopped), overall participation in PvP Conflict and posting in the related Threads / Polls gradually declined, and with the "retirement" of the Playdom Forum, combined with "reports" that some Players are now trying to "avoid" Conflict Planets, the "tracking" of PvP Conflicts seems to outlived its need.

Now there seems to be some "renewed interest" on THIS FORUM:

itsnotwhiningiftrue wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:@DS, we're just messing with ya buddy... xD Welcome aboard, I'm a noob here as well. Hopefully you'll do the Tournament Event Pt tracker threads here.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:06 am

+1000000000 Those UCL tracker threads were extremely helpful. hope they can return here some day, with the format close to what playdom had. Archived UCL Forum Listed here for reference.

AND DS!!!!!... use those colors proud! after the 50 SHADES OF GREY disaster Disney created with those "forums." Any color is welcome.

To be clear I would consider restarting the PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads again with the following "conditions / limitations":

• Only if there is significant interest in my doing so and the Threads WILL BE USED.
  • Only for iOS/Android/Amazon Players since I don't use Windows and Window Players see a DIFFERENT PvP Conflict Schedule. Perhaps a Windows Player could do something similar.
  • (Optional) If the Administrator of this Forum creates PvP Conflict Sub-Forums for BOTH the iOS/Android/Amazon Players - AND - the Windows Players (see Link in Quote from itsnotwhiningiftrue above for example).
Over time I created a Excel Spreadsheet to track the PvP Conflict Schedule (which I am still maintaining), which also had a secondary purpose of "programmatically generating" the individual PvP Conflict Announcement Threads Main Thread Post, and the related PvP Conflict End Announcements and Related Poll.

To see a past example of these (and some of what I use to do) view the following Links:

IMPORTANT: I have improved and changed some of the "format" used in the above examples, but for the most part the above examples show what I did in the past on the Playdom Forum. It should be noted that the Planet War Announcement Image uses an "outdated format" and that I no longer use Galaxy Maps but replaced with Commander News Announcements.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Vote in the POLL and let me know - Yes - Maybe - or No.

Post any comments below...

UPDATE: 10/30/2016

I have decided that individual PvP Conflict Threads would be too much so I have of late been creating / updating ONE single Thread for ALL CONFLICTS on a particular Planet.

To aid in finding these Thread here is a Quick List / Index:

1. PvP EVENT - TATOOINE - 2% Tracker Thread
  2. PvP EVENT - DANDORAN - 2% Tracker Thread
  3. PvP EVENT - ER'KIT - 2% Tracker Thread
  4. PvP EVENT - HOTH - 2% Tracker Thread
  5. PvP EVENT - YAVIN 4 - 2% Tracker Thread
  6. PvP EVENT - TAKODANA - 2% Tracker Thread
Simply click on the PvP Conflict Link above and navigate to last page for current conversation.

Keeping Everyone Informed...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

itsnotwhiningiftrue
Commodore

Re: POLL - Do You Want PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:15 pm

you have my vote. it will just take time to build up following of users :)
Level 10 SWC player in need of a new forum.
2 Rebel accounts and 2 empire accounts.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for everyone whom has voted in the POLL so far.

While there is some indication that most would like me to start the PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads, I will be waiting for a couple of days, and maybe over this weekend, before I make a final decision.

I would like to see more VOTES to be sure that this is something Members of this Forum will support since it does take some time (which I am glad to spend) to put it all together and to maintain.

In the end it is not my intention to "clutter up" this Forum with Threads that no one wants or will use.

Please encourage others to Vote one way or another and we will see.

Thanks again to everyone for your support of this POLL regardless of how you voted.

itsnotwhiningiftrue
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:52 pm

bump! B) its a good question

commander
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:20 pm

DeathStriker, we are happy to create a sub forum dedicated to PVP Events. PM me and we can discuss the best setup.

VileDoom
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:52 am

Yes please.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:42 am

EVERYONE:

It looks like "support" of PvP Conflict 2% Tracker Threads is growing.

I will being looking at starting them soon, but I will want to wait for the Forum Section Structure to be set by the Administrator per the conversation in the Thread found here (my post - which you are free to comment on).

Keeping Everyone Informed...

itsnotwhiningiftrue
Commodore

Post#8 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:39 pm

It would be nice if the people saying no would post their reasons. Because there seems to be a glitch that allows multiple votes for a single player. (it says i can vote still, again, but im not going to test it.) Im not sure why the sudden, overnight, rise in the no selection.

If no, please explain. So we know these are different votes, and not just one person. thanks.

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:26 pm

itsnotwhiningiftrue - Thanks for posting.

1. When I posted earlier, the "leading vote" was OPTION 1 - YES, Please Start Them Here.
  2. In the short time since then, about 9 hours, OPTION 4 - No, I Don’t Think They Are Needed has taken the lead.
  3. If memory serves me right OPTION 4 has GAINED 8 to 10 Points in this short span of time (as of this Posting).
  4. On this Forum, when you "Create a Poll" you have the "Option" of Allow re-voting - that if enabled users are able to change their vote. I don't believe that I enabled this.
  5. I am hoping that at the minimum that this POLL is allowing only ONE VOTE per Member and not "multiple votes" on a "single Option". There is a way to create a "Multiple-Option-Select Poll" but this Poll is not that "type".
Concerned... Is the "data correct" :?:

commander
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:42 pm

DeathStriker, I confirmed your setting allow only ONE vote per member, and does allow the member to change their vote after it's been cast. I have made your post sticky so that it can attract more traffic.

Return to “General Discussions”