Any Base To Defeat A Medic-Heavy?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
GeneralBeers
Captain

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#41 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks for the feedback! I have the alloy, credit and safehouse vaults in the middle. So you are right, they are being drawn to that. I also agree with your 50% or more analysis. I think my old base would have been done in by that last attack.

So if you keep the base clear of any turrets and structures, there is no way the enemy can force their troops to start with it?

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#42 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:36 am

Nope. At first i had no idea what would happen if somebody landed a dropship next to my HQ, but i gave it a try and waited to see what would happen. I got my answer on the second attack. (about half a year ago by now) They just walked away towards the outer ring. Not sure what it was they where prioritising, but it wasn't my HQ :)

The trick is to attack in (at least) 2 directions (& use troops to attack buildings in a row along the edge) to clear a 'gap' wide enough to drop troops, typically from a corner, or at the middle of an edge that will target the HQ as closest. By that time they are getting close to clearing it for 45% already. (if they get that far)

Juggernauts frequently drive around in the stump field close to the HQ, but it hardly ever happens they attack it. They don't live long enough to destroy all shields in most cases.

Most cases where my HQ does get destroyed, the attacker managed to knock out 2 corners, and either troops from one corner or new/other troops who attacked the building in between, are the ones to wonder off to the center. The heavy/medic combo is among the ones doing so most often, but totally depends on how the attack is executed.

I allways have speeder bikes up my SC for defense. Already being the best choice at all, they work verry well with the design, moving around the place freely (walls don't affect defending units). Ones triggered it usually is over soon ;)

My biggest ally in this design is time. There is hardly enough time to execute the attack needed to defeat it.

Another good thing is, on tatooine i only get attacked 2 times a week on average :)

For the last 2 months or so, since i got my trade ports to level 7 and higher, i'm actually capable to 'farm' CB up to 100k+ fairly unmolested and without constant grind, thanks to it.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 47 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#43 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Denroe wrote:I can tell you from first hand experience that you can spawn troops in 1 unshaded tile. In my base the shaded/not shaded areas are inaccurately displayed when my troops are loading out of barracks so I am not sure you can safely rely on that.

The game has a bug on that part. It will show the 'shadow' of your last opponent ;)

To get an accurate picture: Go to your base layout editor (tab any building, then choose 'move')
Pick up a building/wall and drop it again (in the same place is ok), now you will briefly see all squares are 'white' under buildings and turrets, striped for one square around it, and normal for the rest.

You can only land troops on the normal collored squares. The striped ones are blocked. Except! for dropships.

Shelendil
Major General

Post#44 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:35 am

Dropships prioritize turrets for some reason. Guess they're just suicidal.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Joffray
Commodore

Post#45 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Shelendil wrote:Dropships prioritize turrets for some reason. Guess they're just suicidal.

Yeah, their turret targeting limits their use to advanced sonic baiting or sc baiting.
Lv9, 26k medals
Alderaan-Memory
We have pizza! :D

...Retired...#armoryisop

MasterCheez0324
Squadron Leader

Post#46 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:27 pm

No base can defeat them by turrets alone. Their brainless commanders, however, can fall victim to a swarm of snipers and speeders

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#47 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 am

MasterCheez0324 wrote:No base can defeat them by turrets alone. Their brainless commanders, however, can fall victim to a swarm of snipers and speeders

Nothing can be defeated by turrets alone. Its always a combination.
But any combo of rapidfire, mortars & (possibly) burst will be ok to do the trick. Problem here is that the attack you see on your base reflects your base defenses (and its flaws).

Meaning: if you create a base that will surely defeat the heavie/medic combo without problems, you're likely not going to see them a lot (anymore) but get (suddenly) kicked by fully mechanized armies, against whom your 'anti-infantry' base now has no proper defense.

So, its useless to try and build a base to defeat 1 specific attack-loadout, when another attack-loadout would benefit and take its place.

Pirate
Major General

Post#48 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 am

I've started using a variation of the main base in middle - stump field - outer rim of junk buildings and it is working well. The best thing it does is separates the generalist troops from strikers and turret hunters. It is much easier to defeat a force broken into 2, 3 or even 4 small clusters rather than one big ball of death. Even with an empty SC and deka down, time becomes a factor and getting 3 stars or all of the loot is hard.

Also, from watching replies, I am getting ideas on how to tackle these bases myself. They seem to pop up more frequently now.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#49 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:03 pm

DarthRommel wrote:
Denroe wrote:I can tell you from first hand experience that you can spawn troops in 1 unshaded tile. In my base the shaded/not shaded areas are inaccurately displayed when my troops are loading out of barracks so I am not sure you can safely rely on that.

The game has a bug on that part. It will show the 'shadow' of your last opponent ;)

To get an accurate picture: Go to your base layout editor (tab any building, then choose 'move')
Pick up a building/wall and drop it again (in the same place is ok), now you will briefly see all squares are 'white' under buildings and turrets, striped for one square around it, and normal for the rest.

You can only land troops on the normal collored squares. The striped ones are blocked. Except! for dropships.

This works perfectly. I have also found it proves out what an earlier later said, if you can't put a turret on a spot then it can't be landed in.

My new base is set up with more buildings in the outer square. The only one in the middle with the turrets and HQ is the contraband depot. I find that a long as I have bikes stocked, I almost always win. Occasional loss is when they get blown up by a Fang but what can you do.
I do think they are better than snipers.

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#50 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Just to add... there is an easy way to defeat the twilek defense against bikes. My SC is buried so deep within my stub field / outer building square that the opponent can't drop anything close enough to draw the bikes outside of it. They won't come out until the enemy troops are so far in, that a twilek can't be landed close enough. The bikes see her coming and put her in the ground before she can get close. Between this and the configuration I described, the medic droid / heavy/sniper combo doesn't beat me anymore.

Return to “General Discussions”