GeneralBeers wrote:Darn it!! Thanks for the info. I went by the, "if a turret can't fit in it then they can't land in it." Allowed me to push buildings out further from the HQ. I don't think I can create the distance I want with the buildings from the shielded area with the limited number of walls level 7 has. Guys in my squad are experimenting with putting the HQ in the center of the screen by itself deeply shield with only stub walls all around it. A shield is in each of the four corners. The resource buildings and turrets are split up into those four shielded areas. The turrets are such that there can be overlap fire from corner to corner. Guessing it should create the same walk around effect with them going corner to each corner. I only have three shields so I don't think that would work.
GeneralBeers wrote:I tried using the design talked about earlier. I've been attacked once with mixed success. The heavies/medics went at the resources on the south line of the ring but quickly blew the whole side up by charging the middle of it. That made the turrets surrounding the HQ/turrent center closer to the than the buildings on the west and east sides of the square. So they went towards the middle. Luckily the turrets took them out before they got there. I need more distance from the middle with each side of the square but not sure how I can do that with the number of wall stubs available on level 7. Have to experiment.
Am considering using your setup, DarthRommel. I am sure it would work good in a squad war but in normal play, my concern would be that the single droideka (level 7) I have would constantly be in need of repair. Sounds like yours would have to as well if that is where Rebels start their attack. I love to deploy my droideka towards the end of an attack when I am winning to help mop up what is left to secure the 3 stars. I call him, "The Closer". Named him Eck after Dennis Eckersly of the Oakland A's from 80's/90's.
GeneralBeers wrote:hmmm.... I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens. It might be suicide for an opponent to deploy troops in the middle of all those stub walls anyway.
So I set up my base with the outer square and below is what happened. Looking for opinions to figure out if a 48% damage win is a good result or if I took more damage than needed.
1) I am level 7. I have the following set up:
a) Outside square box (diamond in my case) is populated with all fluff.
b) Six lvl 7 turrets (mixed variety) in the middle.
c) Four level 6 turrets (mixed variety) in the middle.
d) Three level 6 shields in the middle.
e) All important resources are in the middle.
f) Lvl 7 Stub wall field separates outer box from middle all around.
2) Opponent opened up with sixteen lvl 8 troopers spread over the NW and NE part of the box and destroyed every building in it. Afterwards they began moving across the stub wall field toward the middle rather than attacking the buildings in the SW and SE section (no walk around).
3) Opponent launched one lvl 8 juggernaut and two lvl 8 skiffs in the NE section. As they tried to cross the stub wall field it triggered my SC which launched bikes. Between them and turrets, they got torn to shreds before getting across the stub wall field. The bikes also picked off the troopers, none of which got anywhere near the middle section.
4) As this was going on, opponent launched three lvl 8 wookies in one section, and two lvl 8 snipers with three lvl 7 med droids in another section. They didn't get to the middle.
5) After they got picked off, opponent launched a lvl 4 Gamorean, a couple of troopers and Han Solo which the med droids flocked to. They did some damage to the middle.
5) A level 2 Fang also attacked me.
I won with 48% damage. Did I take too much damage? And yes, after writing this, I realize it would have been easier to make a YouTube video.
Users browsing this forum: acidrave, BeammeupScot, Bing [Bot], Forceisweaknyou, Google Adsense [Bot], JDD, Kylo, spiderx, systemshock, Yandex [Bot], zarcon and 30 guests