Any Base To Defeat A Medic-Heavy?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 94

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#31 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 am

That makes sense and helps a lot. Can't wait until I get attacked!


User avatar
Denroe
Captain
Posts: 78

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#32 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:04 am

It's not easy to do so but 1 even 1 tiny unshaded tile can spawn troops unless it's under a shield. An overwhelming percentage of your attackers won't ever notice a single unshaded tile amongst a large region of shaded tiles.
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 94

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Darn it!! Thanks for the info. I went by the, "if a turret can't fit in it then they can't land in it." Allowed me to push buildings out further from the HQ. I don't think I can create the distance I want with the buildings from the shielded area with the limited number of walls level 7 has. Guys in my squad are experimenting with putting the HQ in the center of the screen by itself deeply shield with only stub walls all around it. A shield is in each of the four corners. The resource buildings and turrets are split up into those four shielded areas. The turrets are such that there can be overlap fire from corner to corner. Guessing it should create the same walk around effect with them going corner to each corner. I only have three shields so I don't think that would work.


User avatar
DarthRommel
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#34 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:44 pm

GeneralBeers wrote:Darn it!! Thanks for the info. I went by the, "if a turret can't fit in it then they can't land in it." Allowed me to push buildings out further from the HQ. I don't think I can create the distance I want with the buildings from the shielded area with the limited number of walls level 7 has. Guys in my squad are experimenting with putting the HQ in the center of the screen by itself deeply shield with only stub walls all around it. A shield is in each of the four corners. The resource buildings and turrets are split up into those four shielded areas. The turrets are such that there can be overlap fire from corner to corner. Guessing it should create the same walk around effect with them going corner to each corner. I only have three shields so I don't think that would work.


It does. Just put your deka in the fourth corner ;)
However, your SC is likely to get sniped, if it is not under at least 2 shields. But i have used a similar design with even a level 6 base to great success and use it for my main level 10 base.

I have 4 shields in 3 corners (2 in one corner, to shield my SC) and my 2 deka's at the opposite fourth corner. A favorite spot for people to start attacking. So i made sure they will hit most traps there and even a few less buildings on that side to make it harder to get to 50%, for people starting there. With effect :)

Funny to see how many people realy don't know how to play and use units, since a whole bunch of 'm drop juggs right next to my dekas and get to watch them rolling across the entire map towards the nearest shield, getting destroyed long before they get there.

I'm using semi-clustered turret combos with 2 rapid fires, 1 mortar and 2 rockets (or sonics)
"Semi-clustered", because there is at least 1 free square inbetween, to avoid area splash damage. ( i personally LOVE taking out tight clusters with MHC's and/or TIE-Defenders )

The sniper/heavy + medic combo gets nowhere fast.

Sofar my base has not been destroyed for 100% in months. Not even when i was still HQ8 and got attacked by full 10s.
Only during squad war 2 level 10s managed to do so with the help of all outposts. During the last 40 wars.

Most of the time (some 80%) i win. Out of the lost battles another 80% only gets 1 star. Rarely some troops wonder of to the center, or (most rare! somebody who's actually good at it) and takes 2 stars.

Since my safehouse is at the SC corner, and most people start at the opposite deka side, i hardly lose any CB too :)
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 46 Imperial squad - ~1250 on Leaderboard
Rank 1438 on SoD. W:81 D:1 L:30 | HQ10 - Rank 9 - 20k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We have room for more Squad War players


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 94

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#35 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:22 pm

I tried using the design talked about earlier. I've been attacked once with mixed success. The heavies/medics went at the resources on the south line of the ring but quickly blew the whole side up by charging the middle of it. That made the turrets surrounding the HQ/turrent center closer to the than the buildings on the west and east sides of the square. So they went towards the middle. Luckily the turrets took them out before they got there. I need more distance from the middle with each side of the square but not sure how I can do that with the number of wall stubs available on level 7. Have to experiment.

Am considering using your setup, DarthRommel. I am sure it would work good in a squad war but in normal play, my concern would be that the single droideka (level 7) I have would constantly be in need of repair. Sounds like yours would have to as well if that is where Rebels start their attack. I love to deploy my droideka towards the end of an attack when I am winning to help mop up what is left to secure the 3 stars. I call him, "The Closer". Named him Eck after Dennis Eckersly of the Oakland A's from 80's/90's.


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 94

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#36 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Playing around with it, I think SuicideKing is correct. If you leave a space big enough to fit a turret in it, it will not be shaded when the enemy attacks. However, if you leave a few contiguous blocks open that a turret cannot fit, it will still be shaded out when the enemy attacks; they won't be able to drop any troops there. I figured it out by noticing that when a trained troop goes to a shuttle, the shading the enemy sees appears briefly. Only open spaces that a turret could fit in were unshaded. Excellent!


User avatar
Denroe
Captain
Posts: 78

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#37 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:17 pm

I can tell you from first hand experience that you can spawn troops in 1 unshaded tile. In my base the shaded/not shaded areas are inaccurately displayed when my troops are loading out of barracks so I am not sure you can safely rely on that.
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 94

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#38 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:10 am

hmmm.... I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens. It might be suicide for an opponent to deploy troops in the middle of all those stub walls anyway.

So I set up my base with the outer square and below is what happened. Looking for opinions to figure out if a 48% damage win is a good result or if I took more damage than needed.

1) I am level 7. I have the following set up:
a) Outside square box (diamond in my case) is populated with all fluff.
b) Six lvl 7 turrets (mixed variety) in the middle.
c) Four level 6 turrets (mixed variety) in the middle.
d) Three level 6 shields in the middle.
e) All important resources are in the middle.
f) Lvl 7 Stub wall field separates outer box from middle all around.

2) Opponent opened up with sixteen lvl 8 troopers spread over the NW and NE part of the box and destroyed every building in it. Afterwards they began moving across the stub wall field toward the middle rather than attacking the buildings in the SW and SE section (no walk around).

3) Opponent launched one lvl 8 juggernaut and two lvl 8 skiffs in the NE section. As they tried to cross the stub wall field it triggered my SC which launched bikes. Between them and turrets, they got torn to shreds before getting across the stub wall field. The bikes also picked off the troopers, none of which got anywhere near the middle section.

4) As this was going on, opponent launched three lvl 8 wookies in one section, and two lvl 8 snipers with three lvl 7 med droids in another section. They didn't get to the middle.

5) After they got picked off, opponent launched a lvl 4 Gamorean, a couple of troopers and Han Solo which the med droids flocked to. They did some damage to the middle.

5) A level 2 Fang also attacked me.

I won with 48% damage. Did I take too much damage? And yes, after writing this, I realize it would have been easier to make a YouTube video. :( :)


User avatar
DarthRommel
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#39 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:51 am

GeneralBeers wrote:I tried using the design talked about earlier. I've been attacked once with mixed success. The heavies/medics went at the resources on the south line of the ring but quickly blew the whole side up by charging the middle of it. That made the turrets surrounding the HQ/turrent center closer to the than the buildings on the west and east sides of the square. So they went towards the middle. Luckily the turrets took them out before they got there. I need more distance from the middle with each side of the square but not sure how I can do that with the number of wall stubs available on level 7. Have to experiment.

Am considering using your setup, DarthRommel. I am sure it would work good in a squad war but in normal play, my concern would be that the single droideka (level 7) I have would constantly be in need of repair. Sounds like yours would have to as well if that is where Rebels start their attack. I love to deploy my droideka towards the end of an attack when I am winning to help mop up what is left to secure the 3 stars. I call him, "The Closer". Named him Eck after Dennis Eckersly of the Oakland A's from 80's/90's.


That is correct. Although not always, i do have to repair them (1 or both) after most attacks. I keep one droid free at all times as a dedicated deka repair droid. A small price to pay, to keep most of my resources.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 46 Imperial squad - ~1250 on Leaderboard
Rank 1438 on SoD. W:81 D:1 L:30 | HQ10 - Rank 9 - 20k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We have room for more Squad War players


User avatar
DarthRommel
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#40 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:03 am

GeneralBeers wrote:hmmm.... I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens. It might be suicide for an opponent to deploy troops in the middle of all those stub walls anyway.

So I set up my base with the outer square and below is what happened. Looking for opinions to figure out if a 48% damage win is a good result or if I took more damage than needed.

1) I am level 7. I have the following set up:
a) Outside square box (diamond in my case) is populated with all fluff.
b) Six lvl 7 turrets (mixed variety) in the middle.
c) Four level 6 turrets (mixed variety) in the middle.
d) Three level 6 shields in the middle.
e) All important resources are in the middle.
f) Lvl 7 Stub wall field separates outer box from middle all around.

2) Opponent opened up with sixteen lvl 8 troopers spread over the NW and NE part of the box and destroyed every building in it. Afterwards they began moving across the stub wall field toward the middle rather than attacking the buildings in the SW and SE section (no walk around).

3) Opponent launched one lvl 8 juggernaut and two lvl 8 skiffs in the NE section. As they tried to cross the stub wall field it triggered my SC which launched bikes. Between them and turrets, they got torn to shreds before getting across the stub wall field. The bikes also picked off the troopers, none of which got anywhere near the middle section.

4) As this was going on, opponent launched three lvl 8 wookies in one section, and two lvl 8 snipers with three lvl 7 med droids in another section. They didn't get to the middle.

5) After they got picked off, opponent launched a lvl 4 Gamorean, a couple of troopers and Han Solo which the med droids flocked to. They did some damage to the middle.

5) A level 2 Fang also attacked me.

I won with 48% damage. Did I take too much damage? And yes, after writing this, I realize it would have been easier to make a YouTube video. :( :)


50% would be to much, anything below is perfect ;)

It does seem like your current setup is however luring units towards the center.

I deliberately kept ALL buildings away form the center HQ. In my case ALL buildings and turrets are positioned on the outer edge. Roughly on a band of 6 squares around the map. Attackers need to take out almost 2 sides before the center HQ becomes 'reachable' for new troops dropped.

Offcourse there is a tactic to attack such layout with (some) succes, as no setup is perfect.
But most people have no clue.

Even losing with 50% or more (1 star) is not a real problem. Ok, you lose some medals, but in return you get protection. Which helps to keep your (remaining) resources. Personally i hate losing CB 3 times in a row a lot more as losing a handfull of medals.

Being a level 7 is hard either way. You constantly get attacked by level 8 and 9 bases, against whom you can't defend, if they are any good. (most are not, so you can still win some ;))
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 46 Imperial squad - ~1250 on Leaderboard
Rank 1438 on SoD. W:81 D:1 L:30 | HQ10 - Rank 9 - 20k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We have room for more Squad War players


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boog, DarthMcStooge, Fatboy, Google Adsense [Bot], Icdgaf, Kylo, Mastermike, Midge, Oim, Plagueis, renegade, spiderx, Spock, thisguy20, Yandex [Bot] and 28 guests