Any Base To Defeat A Medic-Heavy?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Sigma582
Admiral

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#21 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Sigma582 wrote:you guys just gave me a fascinating idea!
I'll post here if I manage to build the base I think of

Well, I came up with this sick layout.
So far have been attacked twice by lower lvls, won both. Waiting for some bigger fish. If anyone of Windows rebs fancy testing my layout - feel free to find me on Dando today or on Yavin since tomorrow.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#22 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 pm

That is an impressive layout. What is the concept of it though? I mean, how is it designed to beat medic droid combos? It sort of looks like there isn't even somewhere for the Rebels to land. Are they forced to land outside the perimeter of the whole base?

Poene
Commodore

Post#23 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:48 pm

My base layout is sort of similar to Sigma's. I copied it from another thread here. Apparently it's called the "Abraxis" design. The rebels can still deploy troops on the edges of the map but because heavies are generalists they will start attacking the outer ring of buildings who act as a meat shield for the center buildings.

For me this layout works wonders. I have never been more happy than with this Abraxis layout. Rare is the rebel that manages to score more than 50% against me. Most of them do 30% or something. Players are dropping juggernaughts and medics at the same time. Then they watch in horror as the juggies go to the center to be slaughtered by the turrets and maybe trigger the SC filled with high level bikes. The heavies and their trashcan ancillaries meanwhile keep themselves occupied destroying barracks, resource collectors and science buildings. Nice.

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#24 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:54 pm

So do the heavies and med droids get killed or do they just wander around the outer ring until the battle is over?

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#25 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Also - I notice that there are only two mortars and they are both on the side of the HQ opposite the SC. Is there a reason for that?

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#26 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Am changing my base to look similar. Never did a stub wall alignment. When there is a single square that you can't fill with a wall piece, can the enemy deploy troops in it?

Denroe
Captain

Post#27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:32 pm

A single wall piece uses up 4 tiles and no troops can be deployed on those tiles. In base design mode look for the difference in shades of the ground to determine where troops can and can't spawn on your map
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

Denroe
Captain

Post#28 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Sigma582 wrote:
Sigma582 wrote:you guys just gave me a fascinating idea!
I'll post here if I manage to build the base I think of

Well, I came up with this sick layout.
So far have been attacked twice by lower lvls, won both. Waiting for some bigger fish. If anyone of Windows rebs fancy testing my layout - feel free to find me on Dando today or on Yavin since tomorrow.

That's a nice interpretation of my base design idea. I have gone one further to include turrets in my outer ring to force HFs and Luke to do the walk around also.
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#29 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:23 pm

For example, I have a turret taking up 4 squares and instead of having something aligned flush, a shield generator is staggered next to it. There is a single square by itself not shaded that I cannot put a wall or even a trap in. Is that too small for troops to be deployed? I am level 7 so I don't have enough walls turrets or buildings (including only 3 shields) to completely replicate Sigma's design. Am doing a scaled down version which makes spacing more cramped. I also don't like to put my turrets right next to each to cut down cluster bombing affecting them all. Sometimes I move them a square apart (meaning two in between because they are flush). If they can drop in there, which I think they can, it might not be worth it. What do you think?

SuicideKing
Captain

Post#30 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 am

If you can fit a turret in it, and it's not under shields, they can deploy there. If it's under shields or you cannot fit a turret, then they cannot deploy there.

Return to “General Discussions”