Any Base To Defeat A Medic-Heavy?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Mrlegkick
Commander

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#11 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:38 am

Not sure how we're supposed to overcome something that's literally invincible.. Eatat isn't the same. One rocket turret can destroy an atat no matter how many repair droids I have.. A hoard of heavies being healed is basically unstoppable. The only thing capable of stopping them is snipers and all it takes is one starship strike and snipers are dead.

guzorc

Post#12 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:40 pm

I beat this combo all the time. Makes me laugh to see 12 gunners and 6 medics get wiped. Even the sniper medic combo fails. Ive got to the point that i get a little miffed if i loose. The key is the sc. If that gets emptied, then it's touch and go. you need a combination of snipers, bikes and probe droids in there. Make sure your sc is under at least 2 shields. Snipers can then shoot from protection and it stops it from being bombed from the air. It's clear that this is a very powerful attack for the Rebels, most of them rely on it. Placing of traps is also important. Watch the attacks and look for patterns, and then line common attack avenues with traps.

DrPain
Commodore

Post#13 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 am

Medic droids are probably most potent in the mid levels of the game. The OP had 14 turrets which probably means that he's in that zone (lvl 7) where most people get crushed by that combo. Your best defense against it will be the lack of strategic skill of the attacker, traps, and your SC. At higher levels, you have access to much more potent turrets like sonics. The flip side is that your attackers will be much smarter and more willing to drop full air and flag on your base. Up to you to decide what you want to do.

Denroe
Captain

Post#14 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:40 am

Use the fact that the heavies will move from 1 target to the next closest to your advantage. Force your attacker to drop the group on the periphery of your base and have them circle the base going after worthless structures. You need to separate a ring of the worthless structures with stump walls and then have a core of resources, sc, hq, shields. By having separation of the valuable structures from the fluff you keep the heavies on the fringes of your base. Have your sc in a spot where it will trigger if the heavies deviate from the outer ring and have bikes and snipers stocked in sc.
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

Ogdin
Storm Trooper

Post#15 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Use rapid fire turrets clustered with any other balanced kind of turrets. Rapid fire turrets preferentially target support units like medic droids. They will quickly nuke the medic droids and then the heavies quickly die. I am a level 9 rebel and avoid bases with this combination. Sonic cannons also help.

Split bases are also a challenge. Heavies + medics depend on a tank ball with healer support. A split base means that it will take a while to knock out shields (jugs will wander the map doing no damage). And it is easier for the heavies to wander apart.

Sigma582
Major General

Post#16 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:19 pm

you guys just gave me a fascinating idea!
I'll post here if I manage to build the base I think of
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

RealDarthMaul
Lieutenant

Post#17 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 pm

TrashHeap wrote:
Rebel88 wrote:Why do imperial players complain so much that everything is overpowered!!! Medic Droids, Kessen, different combos, etc.... It's all a part of the game. It's about learning and adapting.

I'm currently a level 9 rebel player. From the time I hit level 7, I have been forced to face anyone from level 8 to level 10. I watched elite AT-AT with repair droids, jump troopers, Luggas combos, tanks that take out my traps, med drops, etc decimate my base again and again. Until I hit level 9, I was losing about 95% of defences with 80% being a 3 star loss no matter how I configured my based. And since there are more imperials, I typical always get hit in under 5 minutes of logoff without protection. If I happen to win a defence and go to check, I'm waiting because I'm being hit again.

It's only when I got to lvl 9, with more traps including LAAT traps, 2nd Droideka, sonic turrets and more walls that I have been able to win just over 50% of defences.

Bottom line, these things happen and you have to learn and improve. Honestly, when I'm attacking imperials (and don't like to use excessive airstrikes cause it just seems cheap), I do use some med + heavy combo but they are among the weakest parts of my attack. My meds are usually gone before the battle is halfway done and the heavies barely survive (usually step on a trap and all fall down at once). Maybe it's cause i'm facing lvl 9 and 10 players with better defensive setups but I still do win over 80% of my attacks and it's not because of the med droids.

Cheers - Rebel88

I am an Imperial player (HQ is Level 5). I was just taken out by an Entire Level 8 Force.

{Sarcasm On} And it was such a close battle {/Sarcasm Off}.

This by no means a complaint by me. Three things come to mind when I see these 100% defense losses by someone attacking with a force that is two or more levels higher than me.

First, I find it amusing, especially when I see a full deployment just a few seconds into the battle. I recall one battle where a person deployed their wookie force and my traps wiped them out. He/She then deployed a Heavy medic combo.

Second, After thinking about, I rather lose to a higher level force. I actually have had several under 100% defensive stands against these higher forces and I consider it a victory to me.

Third, I can't imagine it very rewarding (as far as credits and alloy) for that player. When I am attacking I am usually looking at the loot I am going to get. If the base has less than what I am attacking with, I will usually pass.

I am totally with you on this, I have a lvl 5 hq and I am constantly being attacked by lvl 8 - 10 rebels, I have surprisingly won roughly 15 - 20% of these battles, and any time I am attacked by a lvl 5 rebel, they LOSE because the standard rebel troopers they use with the medics are overpowered by my clustered turrets.

I am saying if the attacks using the wookie and medic or heavy and medic combo would lose once in a million years aganist me, I would believe that the medic droids the rebels use are not overpowered, but the truth is that the wookie-medic or heavy-medic combos that the rebels are using are unfair. SO MUCH MORE THAN THE ELITE AT-AT, which the game developers nerfed because it was overpowered. In conclusion I feel that the rebel medic droid should be nerfed or the imperial repair droid brought up to the same standards.

Snoogle
Officer

Post#18 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 pm

The thing is, balance of attack vs defense is heavily in favor of attack, no matter the faction, especially at the lower levels.
It's a pick your poison type of thing, you will not be able to successfully defend against all types of loadouts.

You could pick a layout that obliterates the heavy / medic combo but then your base will be weak against everything else. It's the same for rebels, you either defend against the mhc vehicle loadout or jumps / infantry mix, the black cow or vader, can't do both reliably.

The sad story in all this is if you loose an attack against an opponent that isn't a maxed lvl 10 (turrets) with fairly high dekas (lvl30+) then you're doing it wrong or attacked with a loadout that the base was designed to counter. As such, defenses are mostly irrelevant until your base score is so high you won't make this type of posts anyways.

Just pick a layout that counters what you think attacks you the most, try to spend your resources before going offline and call it a day.

For the heavy medic combo just make a bunch of rapid fire turrets, they'll prioritize the medics and then kill the heavies, there won't be 20 medics and the heavies die like paper once they are gone.

Joffray
Commodore

Post#19 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:40 pm

RealDarthMaul wrote:
TrashHeap wrote:
Rebel88 wrote:Why do imperial players complain so much that everything is overpowered!!! Medic Droids, Kessen, different combos, etc.... It's all a part of the game. It's about learning and adapting.

I'm currently a level 9 rebel player. From the time I hit level 7, I have been forced to face anyone from level 8 to level 10. I watched elite AT-AT with repair droids, jump troopers, Luggas combos, tanks that take out my traps, med drops, etc decimate my base again and again. Until I hit level 9, I was losing about 95% of defences with 80% being a 3 star loss no matter how I configured my based. And since there are more imperials, I typical always get hit in under 5 minutes of logoff without protection. If I happen to win a defence and go to check, I'm waiting because I'm being hit again.

It's only when I got to lvl 9, with more traps including LAAT traps, 2nd Droideka, sonic turrets and more walls that I have been able to win just over 50% of defences.

Bottom line, these things happen and you have to learn and improve. Honestly, when I'm attacking imperials (and don't like to use excessive airstrikes cause it just seems cheap), I do use some med + heavy combo but they are among the weakest parts of my attack. My meds are usually gone before the battle is halfway done and the heavies barely survive (usually step on a trap and all fall down at once). Maybe it's cause i'm facing lvl 9 and 10 players with better defensive setups but I still do win over 80% of my attacks and it's not because of the med droids.

Cheers - Rebel88

I am an Imperial player (HQ is Level 5). I was just taken out by an Entire Level 8 Force.

{Sarcasm On} And it was such a close battle {/Sarcasm Off}.

This by no means a complaint by me. Three things come to mind when I see these 100% defense losses by someone attacking with a force that is two or more levels higher than me.

First, I find it amusing, especially when I see a full deployment just a few seconds into the battle. I recall one battle where a person deployed their wookie force and my traps wiped them out. He/She then deployed a Heavy medic combo.

Second, After thinking about, I rather lose to a higher level force. I actually have had several under 100% defensive stands against these higher forces and I consider it a victory to me.

Third, I can't imagine it very rewarding (as far as credits and alloy) for that player. When I am attacking I am usually looking at the loot I am going to get. If the base has less than what I am attacking with, I will usually pass.

I am totally with you on this, I have a lvl 5 hq and I am constantly being attacked by lvl 8 - 10 rebels, I have surprisingly won roughly 15 - 20% of these battles, and any time I am attacked by a lvl 5 rebel, they LOSE because the standard rebel troopers they use with the medics are overpowered by my clustered turrets.

I am saying if the attacks using the wookie and medic or heavy and medic combo would lose once in a million years aganist me, I would believe that the medic droids the rebels use are not overpowered, but the truth is that the wookie-medic or heavy-medic combos that the rebels are using are unfair. SO MUCH MORE THAN THE ELITE AT-AT, which the game developers nerfed because it was overpowered. In conclusion I feel that the rebel medic droid should be nerfed or the imperial repair droid brought up to the same standards.

Those guys are sandbaggers. Exploiting the matchmaking to get easier opponents. If you area a rebel you area actually getting attacked by LEGITIMATE lv8-10s. Medics are not OP. Simply level up, get a good squad that donates snipers and bikes, and have a good turret balance. But, honestly, it is very hard, even for the best players, to stop a player 3 levels higher than you. Rapids and burst really tear up the hmc. Well-placed traps also help greatly.
Lv9, 26k medals
Alderaan-Memory
We have pizza! :D

...Retired...#armoryisop

Forceisweaknyou
Major General

Post#20 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Once u have level 9-10 sonics put 2-3 together with a rapid fire and its over. Until then good luck. Never tell me the odds!
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 130k X
Wars not make one great, but Squad Wars do.

Return to “General Discussions”