Any Base To Defeat A Medic-Heavy?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
thewrener
Commander

Any Base To Defeat A Medic-Heavy?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:54 am

I, like every other Imperial in the galaxy, gets their base absolutely destroyed by rebels using the medic heavy combination. I'm not hating on it or demanding a nerf. After all, we do everything we can to ensure success, and using a combination that is infamous for being immeasurably powerful is the best way to gurantee a victory.

I'm wondering if anyone has any sort of tips or layouts to defend against such an attack, I will be really grateful. (Keeping SC troops don't count as a tip, I have already tried that). I currently have a corner base, my SC is under shields, i have 3 rapid fires, 3 mortars, 2 bursts and 2 rockets.

To rebels: If you use this combination, what do you find in imp bases that trumps this combination? Is it really as overpowered as they say?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized
Captain, we have an incoming volley of salty hate missiles, our shields are down. What shall we do?

We are out of options. BRACE FOR IMPACT!

maltron66
Captain

Re: Any base to defeat a medic-heavy?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:25 am

I'm getting tired of Imps claiming that the heavies/med droids combo is "unbeatable", since this couldn't be further from the truth.
As a Rebel, I shouldn't be sharing my faction's weakness with the enemy, but... If you really want to make your base immune to heavies suppored by red trash cans, either swap your turrets to mortals (extremely effective, easily destroys the meds and then kills off the heavies) or cluster your turrets and turn them to bursts (outperforming the med droids' healing capabilities). And don't forget to make good use of your traps. One TIE hit and you can easily ruin the plans for your attacker.
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

thewrener
Commander

Post#3 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:58 pm

I wouldn't say that it's unbeatable, just really, really powerful to the point of overpoweredness, but definitely beatable. Like i said in other posts, makes it much more satisfying to watch them get destroyed by defenses. It's really hard to figure out a decent defense against them since the medics heal them faster than turrets damage. I think taking advantage of stupid AI is probably on of the better ways, but i haven't done much research on the AI of troops yet. As for mortar farms, I am considering using it, but that will make my base vulnerable to a whole number of other things like juggies and tanks, and also later jetpack troopers
Captain, we have an incoming volley of salty hate missiles, our shields are down. What shall we do?

We are out of options. BRACE FOR IMPACT!

maltron66
Captain

Post#4 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:56 am

Like I said, the best weapons against heavies with meds are mortals and bursts. Both have certain shortcomings (mortals are ineffective against vehicles and jets, bursts have too short of a range). But it's all a matter of trial and error, since there is no perfect defensive layout (unless you decide to turn your base into a sonic farm). Either way, if you want to deal with heavies, that's the way to go. That, and keeping a fresh supply of speeders in your SC (if your opponent can't counter that with either Luke's ability or the Twi'leks' nova blaze, it's a guaranteed win).
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

Josh177
Squadron Leader

Post#5 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:33 pm

So, the best defense to is go motars and bursts?? BIG Problem..

Well, if you do that, now your base is open to anyone who decides to use a different attack (someone who doesn't use the OP medics) such as vechicles, snipers who own burst turrets, or a different combo...

So then it becomes useless.

So in reality there is no base layout on the empire side that can defend against the rebels.... So what I'm gathering is If you want to stand a chance against the OP medic droids: Go all motars and burst, but now your base is ONLY designed to *try* and fight the OP medics (which doesn't work often and fails a lot). But now It's not designed to be able to fight off other attacks now.

So going all motars and bursts isn't an option to fight the OP medic droids as if you do that, now your base becomes SUPER easy to beat to the players who don't use the medic attack strategy...

So there is no balance. It's either "go all this and *hope* to fight OP medics off, but if you do, expect to lose to all other non infantry+medic attacks extremely easily.

That's like telling a rebel player in order to defend against an Elite AT AT from destroying your shields (which is super easy to beat as the AT AT has been heavily nerfed and can die from 1 single rocket turret) that's like telling a rebel player to go all rocket turrets to defend against the AT AT. Problem? Now their base is open to easily be destroyed by infantry and other units.

Fact is ALL bases need a balance of rapid fire turrets, burst turrets, motars and sonic turrets to have a overall good defense.
NO ONE should have to give up that balance and totally change their base to fight an OVER POWERED COMBO OF REBELNMEDICS -- and if they change their base they are again now super weak to any other attacks like vechicles, snipers (who own bursts turrets), etc.

Mempire
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:47 am

Here's some tips as Empire player (playing both sides):
1. Have fully stacked squad center and good level droideka
2. Have max level turrets you can have!
3. Have some some heavy damage clusters of turrets and hope they will not have airstrikes handy
4. Good balance of all turrets, especially rapid fires

Josh177
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Okay, this medic crap is getting out of hand!!

I tried what many suggested: going motars and bursts. They STILL LOSE to heavy soldiers + medics. Now I'm seeing a lot of snipers and medics being unstoppable.

My motars attack, but AGAIN THEY ONLY TARGET THE ENEMY UNITS, while the medic droids sit TOO FAR BACK and take zero damage or very little. It takes like 7 motar strikes from 5 turrets (so 35 motar strikes) to *maybe* kill the medics and heavies.

NOW, the burst turrets idea is a joke. Now I'm coming across 2-8 snipers + medic droids and they have 10 range while burst turrets only have 9!!! So I watch as all 4-5 burst turrets I have get killed while the snipers take ZERO damage as the burst turrets cannot reach snipers. My rapid fires will attempt to fight the snipers, but it doesn't matter, as the medics heal FASTER than the rapid fires dish out damage. Also I'm down to just 3 rapid fires, so even with 3 rapid fires all firing on a sniper, having 4+ medics heals faster than the turrets do damage, making them 100% invincible..........

So wtf?? I tried the motars+burst turret idea, it's better, but still loses 90% of the time. BUT, if the enemy has more than 2 snipers than my base losses 100% of the time as they take out all my bursts.... They destroy most turrets in a couple shots, so with medics they are super OP. Basically unstoppable.

Rebels, stop making excuses. We know you want to keep your OP MEDICS......

Is the rebels are allowed This UNSTOPPABLE MEDIC COMBO, then let the empire have an Elite AT-AT with 11 ranage again, that will balance it out. No? Didn't think so. So the best idea is simply: NERF the rebel medic droids NOW!! They are just as OP as the Elite AT-AT's were, yet the game is ignoring this issue.

Mrlegkick
Commander

Post#8 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 am

Yep medic droids are ridiculous... They heal units faster than they can be killed. What's the point?? Rapid fire turrets are useless. They can't even kill a single rebel equivalent of a stormtrooper if they have a medic droid. Our repair droids don't do anything.. If a single rocket turret catches one of our vehicles a repair droid probably won't save it.. But I could have my entire base shooting at a bunch of gams/heavies being healed and it wouldnt make a difference.

Rebel88
Captain

Post#9 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Why do imperial players complain so much that everything is overpowered!!! Medic Droids, Kessen, different combos, etc.... It's all a part of the game. It's about learning and adapting.

I'm currently a level 9 rebel player. From the time I hit level 7, I have been forced to face anyone from level 8 to level 10. I watched elite AT-AT with repair droids, jump troopers, Luggas combos, tanks that take out my traps, med drops, etc decimate my base again and again. Until I hit level 9, I was losing about 95% of defences with 80% being a 3 star loss no matter how I configured my based. And since there are more imperials, I typical always get hit in under 5 minutes of logoff without protection. If I happen to win a defence and go to check, I'm waiting because I'm being hit again.

It's only when I got to lvl 9, with more traps including LAAT traps, 2nd Droideka, sonic turrets and more walls that I have been able to win just over 50% of defences.

Bottom line, these things happen and you have to learn and improve. Honestly, when I'm attacking imperials (and don't like to use excessive airstrikes cause it just seems cheap), I do use some med + heavy combo but they are among the weakest parts of my attack. My meds are usually gone before the battle is halfway done and the heavies barely survive (usually step on a trap and all fall down at once). Maybe it's cause i'm facing lvl 9 and 10 players with better defensive setups but I still do win over 80% of my attacks and it's not because of the med droids.

Cheers - Rebel88

TrashHeap
Commander

Post#10 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 am

Rebel88 wrote:Why do imperial players complain so much that everything is overpowered!!! Medic Droids, Kessen, different combos, etc.... It's all a part of the game. It's about learning and adapting.

I'm currently a level 9 rebel player. From the time I hit level 7, I have been forced to face anyone from level 8 to level 10. I watched elite AT-AT with repair droids, jump troopers, Luggas combos, tanks that take out my traps, med drops, etc decimate my base again and again. Until I hit level 9, I was losing about 95% of defences with 80% being a 3 star loss no matter how I configured my based. And since there are more imperials, I typical always get hit in under 5 minutes of logoff without protection. If I happen to win a defence and go to check, I'm waiting because I'm being hit again.

It's only when I got to lvl 9, with more traps including LAAT traps, 2nd Droideka, sonic turrets and more walls that I have been able to win just over 50% of defences.

Bottom line, these things happen and you have to learn and improve. Honestly, when I'm attacking imperials (and don't like to use excessive airstrikes cause it just seems cheap), I do use some med + heavy combo but they are among the weakest parts of my attack. My meds are usually gone before the battle is halfway done and the heavies barely survive (usually step on a trap and all fall down at once). Maybe it's cause i'm facing lvl 9 and 10 players with better defensive setups but I still do win over 80% of my attacks and it's not because of the med droids.

Cheers - Rebel88

I am an Imperial player (HQ is Level 5). I was just taken out by an Entire Level 8 Force.

{Sarcasm On} And it was such a close battle {/Sarcasm Off}.

This by no means a complaint by me. Three things come to mind when I see these 100% defense losses by someone attacking with a force that is two or more levels higher than me.

First, I find it amusing, especially when I see a full deployment just a few seconds into the battle. I recall one battle where a person deployed their wookie force and my traps wiped them out. He/She then deployed a Heavy medic combo.

Second, After thinking about, I rather lose to a higher level force. I actually have had several under 100% defensive stands against these higher forces and I consider it a victory to me.

Third, I can't imagine it very rewarding (as far as credits and alloy) for that player. When I am attacking I am usually looking at the loot I am going to get. If the base has less than what I am attacking with, I will usually pass.
3 Accounts
1. IOS, Trash Heap, Rebels, Han's Scoundrels, HQ Lvl = 5
2. Windows 10, Trash_Heap, Empire, Squad Watto's Shop, HQ Lvl = 6
3. Windows 10, Big_Guy: Empire, HQ Lvl = 3

Return to “General Discussions”