Why bother choosing the rebels?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
GreekLigthning

Re: Why bother choosing the rebels?

Post#11 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 am

The LAAT trap works very well against the referenced Black AT-AT. Upgrade both as high as you can and keep them distanced out from your base, in likely drop-zones for the AT-AT. The AT-AT won't attack the troops and go directly for the shields. Keep that in mind when designing your base. I haven't had a 100% attack against me in a long long time, against mostly high level players. Have lots of rocket turret defenses and keep a few of the burst turrets tucked inside your base to punish the strong defense troops that have low attack range. This works well, for the most part. The game in general is designed to favor the offense. The recent wall upgrade was a significant defense improvement.

thedudeabides
Cadet Trooper

Post#12 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:01 pm

minion0fdoom wrote:So, the answer is "you're doing it wrong".

As an Empire lvl 6, the Hero AT-AT is not a guaranteed success. As a rebel, you are forced to deal with your weaknesses. Mortars take out the droids and then rocket turrets/squad center make short work of most of the Empire's mech.

That's a big ol' line of BULL SCHIT. Both the AT-AT and the whatever you phucking call it, spider looking mech, have ridiculous fire ranges. They clean out your defenses before they are even within range of your defenses. If you are lucky, your defenses might get one shot off before being evaporated.

You are a complete idiot if you can't get 100% with the Empire every single time. Meanwhile, us Rebels actually have to work for our battles. We are lucky if we get 100%.

How do I know this? If you are rebel, attacking an Empire that has a fully stock squad center, you are basically toast. On the flip side, if you are a Rebel with a fully stocked squad center, you might go from 100% to 79%. Big God damn PHUCKING deal.

Sorry, but all you winey little Empire owners are just complainers. A half-azz Empire owner should win 100%, 100% of the time. Rebels are a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage, all the time, simply because of the FIRE RANGE on their bullschit game pieces.

BertO
Major General

Post#13 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Hey thedudeabides, I made the Hoth Conflict Leaderboard, I regularly have level nine Imps faceplant on my level seven rebel base. Sorry the answer is you are doing it wrong.

I keep my turrets spread so they don't die to MHC (spider thingie) splash damage and require a full Tie-D airshow for that trick to work, I mix up my rockets with mortars and bursts and back it all up with an SC full of awesome right in the middle of my base.

I have a level seven base and face about a fifty-fifty mix of level eight and nine loadouts on defence and win between a third and a half of my defences.

Take a leaf out of your user-name name sake and relax a bit.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

FunkPatrol
Cadet Trooper

Post#14 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:15 pm

thedudeabides wrote:

As an Empire lvl 6, the Hero AT-AT is not a guaranteed success. As a rebel, you are forced to deal with your weaknesses. Mortars take out the droids and then rocket turrets/squad center make short work of most of the Empire's mech.

That's a big ol' line of BULL SCHIT. Both the AT-AT and the whatever you phucking call it, spider looking mech, have ridiculous fire ranges. They clean out your defenses before they are even within range of your defenses. If you are lucky, your defenses might get one shot off before being evaporated.

You are a complete idiot if you can't get 100% with the Empire every single time. Meanwhile, us Rebels actually have to work for our battles. We are lucky if we get 100%.

How do I know this? If you are rebel, attacking an Empire that has a fully stock squad center, you are basically toast. On the flip side, if you are a Rebel with a fully stocked squad center, you might go from 100% to 79%. Big God damn PHUCKING deal.

Sorry, but all you winey little Empire owners are just complainers. A half-azz Empire owner should win 100%, 100% of the time. Rebels are a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage, all the time, simply because of the FIRE RANGE on their bullschit game pieces.

I do get 100% , 100% of the time that my Rebel opponent has failed to think through their defense layout with the hero AT-AT in mind. There is some very good advice upthread. When encountering Rebs with bases as recommended, I almot never get a 100, and occasionally even lose the assault entirely.

There has been a shift - now that Imperial rapid fire turrets target R2's, there is finally a fighting chance for the Imps vs. the standard Rebel assault of heavy gunners + R2s.

In other words, each side has some potent attack patterns, and each can be defeated with 1. Squad Support and 2. Layout.

I have lost the hero AT-AT many times to well laid out rocket turrets. Even with its extra armor, it only takes 4-5 volleys to put the beast down. Notice also how terrible the Imperial tanks can be at lining up a shot. With both the tanks and the AT-ATs, the pathfinding seems to work on a grid, and quite often they will go after a turret that is actually slightly farther away, while a rocket turret pounds them from an angle.

obiwanthegoby
Commander

Post#15 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14 pm

I have heard many complain the same thing from the other side. I can wipe out lvl 8-and some lvl 9 bases with my heavy troopers. And when I do cash grabs going for 1 medal and some contraband I always win! Make sure you are with a good squad that can provide you with what you need. Having a juggernaut or high level skiff will wipe out an E-atat in no time flat.

The one thing people seem to forget is that no matter what there is no perfect attack or perfect defense strategy. There are better attacks for certain bases depending on what you choose to fight with. A little time spent figuring this out and asking you squad for their opinion will go a long way.

obiwanthegoby
Commander

Post#16 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:23 pm

thedudeabides wrote:

That is just sad. For starters the game should be fun. Also I can constantly beat the E-atat with my base. Spend some time learning different strategies. It is not impossible, and I can assure you they feel the same way about our heavy gunners. Oh and if you think them having a stocked TC is an end all. Try dropping some bombs on it before you put troops by it to kill them off before they come out. And if it is shielded then A-wing bomb that shield or send in a Juggernaut.

I can assure you I consistently take 100% and usually only take 70% damage on the worst defenses.

ARMA
Commander

Post#17 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Roguewarrior wrote:I've been playing this game for about 5 months now and made the mistake of choosing the rebel side. Going to probably quit the game for good. There is NO way to defend against the black AT&T. If a rival sends one one or a couple, might as well be prepare to lost 80-100%.the range of the atat exceeds anything turret, rickets etc and can take out shields and the turrets before they even know what's happening.

So the tip is choose empire and build atat to attack the rebels. Game is not fun anymore because it's just too one sided in favor of the empire side.

Play Rebel! eATAT is very slow so spread your base, put stuff in 3-4 corners.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#18 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:19 pm

i've once could make up to 8 consecutive 100% wins, no i only can win if i have sc support becouse at lv7 i was matchmade to only lv8-9 enemyes, both on attack and defense and sometimes lv10, at lv8 it became a nightmare of lvup enemyes for me... i slowed down the attacks and medal count rocketing and it started to send me some same lv enemyes sometimes (20-30%) wich helped me to breath, so there is some shaping in the game made by disney. not sll of us are facing the same difficulty of enemyes, search the forum about the "cookgate" and about the "priority mode" and you may understand it... i'm affected by both...

Sapper13
Storm Trooper

Post#19 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 pm

As an Imperial, I find it difficult to find good loot on rebel bases. Rebels have the advantage in attacking since Rebels have more to choose from when attacking Imperials.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#20 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:29 am

I always try to,revenge. they have much more loot (more active players) than the bases offered to me

Return to “General Tips”