Why bother choosing the rebels?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
roguewarrior1

most one sided game ever!

Post#1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 am

I think I'm ready to quit the game for good. It's just way too one sided on the side of the Empire. I'm a strong Lvl 6 rebel but any person with the black AT-AT walker with a couple of health bots and a dozen troops etc and I'm almost guaranteed to get 100% damage :cry:
It's stupid! Couple shots from the ATAT takes out my shield, couple more takes out my turrets and basically after that just look at the countdown clock to see if they can get to 100% before the time runs out!
What's the point of even playing anymore!

raptor
Major General

Re: most one sided game ever!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:31 pm

I have both an empire and rebel account. I actually find the rebel side much easier to play. I get 3 star much more when attacking as rebel. On defense, just make sure you have mortars along with the other turrets. Rebel's R2D2 is much better at repairing. The repair bots die easily to a few mortar shots. The AT-AT walker is strong and you're bound to lose some or else no one will ever attack. As long as you win more than you lose on defense, you should be fine. A bonus for rebels is they seem to attacked a more as a Rebel possibly because there are more empire players.

HansOhno
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:29 pm

I play both sides too and love them both. I'm a new level 5 so perhaps the game changes later but I'll keep an open mind because I'm enjoying building my bases for now.
I just checked my battle log and of the 2 times I've been attacked I lost both.

HansOhno
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:58 am

wow. did someone get hacked or what?

Roguewarrior
Storm Trooper

Why bother choosing the rebels?

Post#5 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 pm

I've been playing this game for about 5 months now and made the mistake of choosing the rebel side. Going to probably quit the game for good. There is NO way to defend against the black AT&T. If a rival sends one one or a couple, might as well be prepare to lost 80-100%.the range of the atat exceeds anything turret, rickets etc and can take out shields and the turrets before they even know what's happening.

So the tip is choose empire and build atat to attack the rebels. Game is not fun anymore because it's just too one sided in favor of the empire side.

Frakoff

Re: Why bother choosing the rebels?

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:49 pm

I also have one of each & thought the Empire walkers would dominate, hah, I very rarely win 100%, towards the end all they do is shoot walls & literally dance. So many times the walker is the only unit I have left with 20 sec to go & I end up with 1 unit left to destroy at full time. Also you only get 1 black AT, & the white ones cost 30 spots. Mortars kill the mechanic bots & rockets take out the AT's. I do believe thou the empire special char are better than the rebels, however this is only one unit per battle.

Lando
Storm Trooper

Post#7 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:26 pm

I'm a high L6 too, and I have no trouble with the hero AT-AT. You need to look at your base setup instead of blaming the game. Set your squad center out where the AT-AT has to trigger it, and make sure you're loaded up with heavies and meds. Turrets will never take out the hero AT-AT - that's what your squadmates are for. The vast majority of my defenses only cost me 4 or 7 medals, and average between 30% and 70%.

Remember that this is an offensive-based game - defense is supposed to be harder. You're not trying to stop their forces completely, just to run down the clock enough to where they don't get you for the 100% medal bonus. Check out my base if you can find it in-game. I'm with TigerForce, and my in-game name is Lando too.

Napalm
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:21 pm

"Why bother choosing the rebels?"

Easy is the path to the dark side.
MTFBWY,
Napalm

minion0fdoom
Officer

Post#9 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

So, the answer is "you're doing it wrong".

As an Empire lvl 6, the Hero AT-AT is not a guaranteed success. As a rebel, you are forced to deal with your weaknesses. Mortars take out the droids and then rocket turrets/squad center make short work of most of the Empire's mech.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#10 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:37 am

Yup right. If you have Skiffs (and/or a Juggernaut) in your Rebel SC, they can help much to stop uninspired attacks.

There's not much to do though about looting attacks. An eAT-AT (maybe + more AT-ATs) + air strikes can take some loot/contraband. Or they can catch a medal (giving protection) by throwing 3 TIEs at your SC after the eAT-AT killed the shields.

But there's not much to do against better attackers. But if you spread your shields and base a bit, you can usually avoid a 100%, because AT-ATs are dead slow.

Some images for your amusement:
ATAT_1.jpg

ATAT_2.jpg

And an animation of a Juggernaut chasing some AT-ATs. It finally wins the show down with the eAT-AT.
http://i.imgur.com/MYyMIdo.gif

I don't win defenses very often but watching the SC to make the "cows" ready for barbecue is always fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RebelYell, leader of Alderaan-Memory.
We often have slots open, just contact me via PM(Andr./iOS,Rebels)

Return to “General Tips”