How do you upgrade your shock troopers? (EMPIRE)

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
CrabJr
Squadron Leader

Re: How do you upgrade your shock troopers? (EMPIRE)

Post#11 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 am

I am HQ lvl 4 and I unlocked shock trooper by doing a heroic defense and getting a gold crate. As I believe, one could upgrade shock trooper by getting the same crate or winning a conflict
Keep Calm and Mass Stormtrooper

Tigris

Post#12 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:43 am

I've unlocked the shock trooper. But i cant seem to upgrade it in the research lab. It says "unlock on tatooine" although i've already unlocked it. I can train them but can't seem to upgrade due to the above reason. does anyone know how ?

Eidolon
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Before rules changed a time ago I had mamaged to get the Shock Trooper and had upgraded to level 4.

Since then, I have achieved one upgrade - an upgrade from lev 4 to lev 5 through 3 stars on a heroic defense.
I am about to attempt to get the lev 6 upgrade by reaching the ultra-chrome league in the current Tatooine Conflict. (Though I have only ever reached Obsidian League twice in every conflict I've been in)
--

(-:- Eidolon -:-)

Sith'n'Slytherin - Squad Leader
Medals: 14,400+

HQ: 9 / Donated: 10,149 / Reputation: 692 / Base: 2,463 / Medals: 14,401 / Atk: 1,664 / Def: 266 / Joined: 2015-02-15

IconicSasquash

Post#14 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Just unlocked the shock trooper by being in the top 2% of players in the conflict on tatooine (as it gives you the 32 data fragments to unlock it).

To upgrade him you need to wait until the conflict is active again and finish in the top 2% (ultra chrome league) which will give you another 32 data fragments (As you need 32 for each upgrade/Research level).

You have a chance in most crates on tatooine to get some data fragments for the shock trooper (The conflict /League ones just garuntee a certain amount, depending on what league you finish in.

DarthRommel
Captain

Post#15 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

You can't upgrade limited units. You can only unlock them, and each subsequent level.
Before the fragments that ment you had to end up in ucl (top 2%) on Tatooine 10 times, to get it to level 10. Ever since we got objectives and reward crates, you could be so lucky to get it as a reward (but i only got it ones during a whole year)
Now with the fragments you need to collect 32 fragments to unlock and level up your limited units. Which no longer requires a top 2% win, although it helps to get there faster.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 46 Imperial squad - ~1250 on Leaderboard
Rank 1438 on SoD. W:81 D:1 L:30 | HQ10 - Rank 9 - 20k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We have room for more Squad War players

Return to “General Tips”