Absent Leader

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Tsunami
Captain

Absent Leader

Post#1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 am

Question: our leader has gone MIA 40 days ago. Collectively, he's played 1-2 games and that's it. Is there a way to change leaders in a squad? Thanks.

Josh
Commodore

Re: Absent Leader

Post#2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:09 am

No. You could start another squad then slowly move everyone over to the new squad. Pick someone as leader who will be active long term.
May The Force Be With You,
Josh

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:14 am

Josh is right. Don't count on Disney support. I`ve done this about 8 months ago.
Let the leader & at least one active member agree some other means of communication outside the Squad chat. (LINE app, Whatsapp, E-Mail, Forum private msgs ... whatever)

Discuss the name of the new squad & alternatives (should the name already be in use).
Discuss who will be the new leader.

Then let the new leader create a new squad. He`ll have to communicate the new name to members of the "old" squad so they can post the new name in the old squads chat.

The leader shouldn't leave the new squad. (or leadership changes)
Other players can leave the new squad to repeat the message in the old squad in case some members have missed it.

If you have squad members who have different game languages then post the squad move message via a replay comment. Chat messages are only seen for players with the same language, troop requests & replays are visible regardless of the game language.

Finally:
The SC empties if you change the squad. So keep ready to refill your squad mates.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Napalm
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Rebel and Josh have it right.

Talk to your squad. Get everyone on board with joining a new squad. Establish communications outside of the in game chat (LINE, etc), agree on a new squad name (someone will need to make sure that new squad name is available - duplicates aren't allowed). send 1 of your commanders to create the new squad, then have everyone move over.
MTFBWY,
Napalm

Leader of the Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

ARMA
Commander

Post#5 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:00 pm

I think that the highest ranking member (or officer) becomes the leader if leader is away more than 90 days. I can't remember this correctly now but it's something along those lines.

You can also contact Disney in hopes of getting squad leader replaced.

Napalm
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 pm

ARMA wrote:I think that the highest ranking member (or officer) becomes the leader if leader is away more than 90 days. I can't remember this correctly now but it's something along those lines.

You can also contact Disney in hopes of getting squad leader replaced.

As a long time member of Battalion family, we've gone through a situation where a leader lost their account. We were unable to retrieve the account through Disney support and could not have the leadership of the squad moved over to another player.

I also believe that more than 90 days elapsed before we had everyone abandon ship and move to a new squad with a slightly different name.
MTFBWY,
Napalm

ARMA
Commander

Post#7 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 pm

OK was this recently because I've read that the squad leader does gets replaced after certain, but I don't remember does it involve contacting DIsney.

Napalm
Commodore

Post#8 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 am

It was a while ago. It's possible they've changed it since then.
MTFBWY,
Napalm

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:16 am

Yes, theres a required 90day inactivity period until Disney support will (try to) do anything about an inactive leader. But We had waited this long and then the support team told us that their tool which they use for that purpose was inoperable. We waited a bit longer and I stayed in contact and finally Disney supposed that we do it "on our own" like describe above.

Anyway, waiting 90days is too much. IMHO if a leader is more than 4 weeks inactive (without prior notice) then it gets time to move...
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Thanks RebellYell for clarifying me about "why the hell nobody saw my messages" ha ha ha!

Have seen this scene before...
An active leader is always very important becouse he will remoove inactive olayers and open slot for new acrive player keeping the squad "oxigenated". My Sauad leader remooves frequently inactive players, even if they have 5k+ medals and he have donated more than 20000 troops! That's what we call a "Squad leader"!

Return to “General Tips”