Stay HQ lvl 8 or go HQ9 (Droideka Oppressor)?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
M0rdresh
Commander

Stay HQ lvl 8 or go HQ9 (Droideka Oppressor)?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:25 am

I recently shifted from my full upgraded level 7 base to HQ8, I never rushed and always upgrade full before jumping HQ level.

However I wonder, given that I am attacked by lvl9's and 10's now, if I should focus on HQ9 as soon as possible instead of getting everything to level 8 first? That way I get to have another shield, the Droideka Oppressor , etc?

Planetbleeder
Commander

Re: Stay HQ lvl 8 or go HQ9 (Droideka Oppressor)?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:48 am

I'm assuming you have a rebel base. When I was a lvl7 the imps constantly came at me with their clubs and level 8-10 troops to LOOT/get easy medals from my base (and then cry when we take it back with our OP lvl7 troops).

Anyway..as my base became lvl8 on defense and my deka got stronger these same baby killers got scared and started looking for easier prey. Sorry it looks like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed due to an earlier thread from a cry baby imp.

I started playing this game when it first started -- as a imp. So I clubbed my fair share of Rebs but at that time loot was very scarce and lower Rebs had the loot. Anyway...most of these baby killers that attack me now (I'm a reb) SUCK big time. Since they are 2 research levels higher they should be able to beat a weaker base since their transports can carry more. Getting back to your topic.

As you upgrade to lvl8 you will start to turnaround and win more defenses. I would stay at lvl8 just to get your troops researched to 8 and your turrets/shields before moving on to 9.

Right now I'm at lvl8 and only have 3 buildings to upgrade then everything is at 8. I stayed lvl8 because heroic defense is easy to get 3 stars and my research was way behind..plus I've been working on leveling up Kessen to where the imps will be scared when he makes a visit. Good luck and remember play the game to where you enjoy it.

Euph
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:05 am

I never experienced what it was like to be an L8 while there were L10s, so I can't really relate. But we have a lot of guys leveling up in our squad, and from what I hear, L8 is a really bad level where you're getting beat up by 9s and 10s, and don't have the tools to fight back.

So.. I think all baby-8s should just make the jump to 9 ASAP. The deko, the extra shield, the sonics, the LAAT/IDT traps.. they make a huge difference to your options on defense. Sure, you'll be playing catch up on two levels and it'll take a long time.. but you've got a lot of new toys to play with and learn, too.
Sith-Society iOS/Android Imperial Squad
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
I.. am your father. Clean your bedroom!

rRr
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 am

I have been thinking about it few months ago too..but I stayed at lvl8 and upgraded to 9 after all was capped for 8. I think it was good decision.

I dont see any super buff at lvl 9. Opressor is good but his benefits are not so clear. He dies on every defense just like Sentinel and you need quite a great investment to make it reliable.

The extra shield also needs some investment and higher HQ base will give you stronger opponents.

I would stay at 8 until you are fully upgraded.

Edit: As for Sonic turrents, they sux at level 8 and bellow. And also at level 9 they are not very strong, so I wouldnt take them as reason to go to lvl 9 earlier too.
Empire HQ9, 16 000+ medals, living mainly on ErKit.
Contrabant addict (Sentinel @lvl27 (cap), Opressor @lvl18).
Proud leader of FirstLorder, causal, yet active squad.
We accept active causal players interested in improving theirs skill.
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Shelendil
Captain

Post#5 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 am

Level 7 and 9 I felt outmatched the whole time. Levels 8 and 10 are better respectively. Level 8 opens access to new useful units like Luke and twileks. Level 9 doesn't have any additional units except for LAAT dropships (and the oppressor will always be down for upgrade or repair). Level 10 gives you large upgrade boosts to existing units. I would stay at level 8 until you're ready to increase the difficulty again.
ShadyRebels24 - level 50 squad - You know you wanna be shady.

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 am

When you rush over a cliff expect a big fall...

There is no reason to "rush" the Upgrade from Level 8 to Level 9 if your main reason to so was to get the Droideka Oppressor (DekO), another Shield, Sonic Turrets, etc.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS CONCERNING THE DekO:

• Advantage: The DekO can be used "offensively" better since it does not do the "suicide run" to pick off the Enemy Commanders Droideka Sentinel (DekA) or even their DekO.
  • Disadvantage: You will now need to "reserve" two Repair Droids so that you can keep your new DekO and current DekA repaired or in "Upgrade Status" thereby reducing the amount of Repair Droids used to Upgrade "other" Structures which in turn increases the amount of time needed to Upgrade your Base to Level 9 and eventually Level 10 (when you are ready).
In the end, each Commander (Player) has to make individual choices on how much time and effort they want to use in advancing to the Upper Levels of SWC.

While being on "top" has its advantages, the time and effort in getting there may not be worth it for some.

Remember your "real life" is more important than any Game and if "playing the game" becomes more of a "job" than "fun" how will you feel then?

In the end, the choice is yours. Choose wisely...

Obliterating Empire Bases is not only our Prime Mission but is how we have FUN!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:47 am

If you upgrade your HQ again, you will:
- unlock more turrets
- have more troops to use in attack (once you upgrade your transports)
- have troops at a higher level for your attacks (once you upgrade your research centre, and then the troops)
- have easier matches in PvP and Squad Wars, because the matching is based on your base score, and with your turrets at a lower level, your base score will be lower than other HQs of the same level, thereby presenting you with more attackable targets.

This strategy is called 'sandbagging', and this game has been rewarding it in these ways for at least a year now. As it's here to stay, many players have adopted it.

But you must do what you think is right (for you), of course.
HQ 10 - 17K medals - Kenobi's Command: A level 45 Squad whose war history is 60 wins, 2 draws, 21 losses

We have 0 spots open (as at 17th January 17).

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Python6
Commodore

Post#8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 am

I skipped level 8 on both my reb and imp accounts and don't regret it a bit. My justification were all the arguments you presented in the initial post. The oppressor is a great tool on offense since it doesn't have the suicidal tendencies of the sentinel. Neither deka is a game changer on defense, but the oppressor is a great add for combat power on attacks if you deploy it correctly to keep it alive.
Leader jedisupremacy Windows Rebel Squad (JS.Padawans is our training squad for newer players) and mentor to our allied Android / IOS Rebel Squad - JediSupremacy
Member ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad
LINE app required / LINE ID is python6swc

Return to “General Tips”