Heroic defense new level 10 rebel, how to win?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
AnCap
Lieutenant

Heroic defense new level 10 rebel, how to win?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:27 pm

I just upgraded to level 10 and I'm having trouble keeping three stars and sometimes even two. At level 9 I had 4 bikes & 2 snipers or 7 bikes in my SC and I used kessen, Luke & Chewbacca and I always kept it under 30%, now I'm fighting to keep it under 50%. Any tips or suggestions on loadout or what I'm using in the SC?

Vorchild
Commodore

Re: Heroic defense new level 10 rebel, how to win?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:44 am

If you just upgraded, its probably just that your defences are comparatively weaker than they were. At L9, it was just L9 troops attacking and you probably had all L9 turrets and shields. Now, with L10 troops attacking, and probably more of them, the attack is just that much more difficult to defend because the troops are 20% more powerful. The answer is probably just to grin and bear it for a while until you bring your defences up. But, I'd use Leia instead of Chewie. She's way better at heroic defence. Also, don't be shy to use the HWKs.

If you want specific base ideas, you'll have to post your layout.

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#3 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:02 pm

I made the mistake of jumping to HQ10 shortly after I got to 9, at the beginning the only way I could get 3 stars sometimes was if I used my air, 3 IDT's and 3 VTs. I'm upgrading my star command now so it's a bit rough again, I can win against vehicles but if the second waive is rebel troops I can't kill them fast enough to keep 30%. For rancor defense jump troopers in SC seemed best. Bikes are still my fav for regular HDs, anything else is just too slow to keep 3 stars.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

rRr
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:05 pm

I have had troubles doing HD after I updated my base to lvl 9 too. The troops level and numbers increase is hard at start. But now, when like half of my turrents are onlvl 9 too, I am doing 20% HD regullary (while I have 2 turrents being upgraded almost aways!).

So, it just need a bit of time to upgrade your defense ;)
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:25 pm

Not a reb, but ive had success with a corner base, placed in north corner. I remove a small buiding from west, south, and east corners behind my continuos walls. At start of SD I place 1 hero in each corner as the enemy approaches that area. This way they are firing behind protection. I 3star 90% this way without sc or air.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 am

Yes lv 10HD is hard at first. And it depends on your base design. Many base layouts that are good for PvP defense completely fail at HD.

For HD you usually run best with a walled-in base in a corner (droidekas inside walls). Switch Chewbaka with Leia. An all bike SC is usually helpful. Sometimes you might add a few skiffs on vehicle attacks. I usually put Luke first in the corner so attacking bikes/snipers will be going for him and killed by the turrets. I start lukes twirl when a bike gets too close. Then I add Leia and Kessen in the open space often together with the SC. LAATs should be not too much inside of the base.

AIR is T50s for occasional hero/droideka healing and HWKs usually for clumps of heavies or snipers.

I still have often have problems to get 3* with pure infantry attacks so you may consider skipping those. The rest runs OK.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Return to “General Tips”