Anyone Know? Canceling an Upgrade or Construction? Able to resume? Investment back? HELP!!

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
YoshackFyre
Commander

Anyone Know? Canceling an Upgrade or Construction? Able to resume? Investment back? HELP!!

Post#1 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:39 am

Okay here is my issue, I am upgrading my Hero Command and am unable to mobilize a new hero for 17 more hours!!! This make attacking rivals just a waste of credits right now. Does anyone know what would happen if I canceled the upgrade to mobilize heros and then resume the upgrade? Would I lose the original cost or get it back? Could I resume the upgrade from where it left off? I wish it said "Pause" instead of "Cancel".

I got caught in a squad war while two of my turrets were upgrading. I wish I could have paused those upgrades so the turrets at the lower level could have been used for defense and then just resume the upgrade. It would be handy a lot of times to free up a droid to clear a rock or do a short construction of a low level building or do a turret swap and be able to return it. Even a credit or alloy fee for that would be worth it.

Back to the question, I hope someone knows! What happens if I cancel my Hero Command upgrade? 17 hours left. Mobilize the full capacity of heros and then upgrade the building again? Do I pay twice and it starts with the full time? Does it just resume where it left off with no cost? I have no available droids or I'd try it on a less essential piece of equipment and check for myself! I'll let you know if that's what I have to do to find out, but I really hope someone on here knows! Thank you!!!

MarreOngla
Commodore

Re: Anyone Know? Canceling an Upgrade or Construction? Able to resume? Investment back? HELP!!

Post#2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:49 am

If you cancel the construction, you get half of the cost refunded to you, but if you start the construction again, it will start from scratch and you'll have to pay full price again too. I'd wait the 17 hours.
Marre Ongla - HQ 10 - 23.1k medals
Crix Madine - HQ 9 - 4.8k medals
SkywalkersPrideare recruiting for active, rebels on android/ios. All HQ levels & medal counts welcome. PM me for info :)

Sprockets
Commander

Re: Anyone Know? Canceling an Upgrade or Construction? Able to resume? Investment back? HELP!!

Post#3 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:35 pm

You're just going to have to be patient and wait for it to finish.
Don't quit the upgrade because you'll have to start over from scratch, like MarreOngla said.

As for your turrets being upgraded during Squad War, don't worry. Everything on your War Base will be functional at the level it was when you started. If you started the upgrade from a lvl 5 turret to a lvl 6, your War base will have a functional lvl 5 turret. Same goes for Droidekas. Basically, everything works on your War Base.
Sprockets - Leader of DawnAlliance - Level 33 Squad
Current Rank - 9 / Current Medals - 13k+ / Current HQ - 8

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:35 pm

YoshackFyre wrote:Okay here is my issue, I am upgrading my Hero Command and am unable to mobilize a new hero for 17 more hours!!! This make attacking rivals just a waste of credits right now. Does anyone know what would happen if I canceled the upgrade to mobilize heros and then resume the upgrade? Would I lose the original cost or get it back? Could I resume the upgrade from where it left off? I wish it said "Pause" instead of "Cancel".

I got caught in a squad war while two of my turrets were upgrading. I wish I could have paused those upgrades so the turrets at the lower level could have been used for defense and then just resume the upgrade. It would be handy a lot of times to free up a droid to clear a rock or do a short construction of a low level building or do a turret swap and be able to return it. Even a credit or alloy fee for that would be worth it.

Back to the question, I hope someone knows! What happens if I cancel my Hero Command upgrade? 17 hours left. Mobilize the full capacity of heros and then upgrade the building again? Do I pay twice and it starts with the full time? Does it just resume where it left off with no cost? I have no available droids or I'd try it on a less essential piece of equipment and check for myself! I'll let you know if that's what I have to do to find out, but I really hope someone on here knows! Thank you!!!

Do you have any heroes in your HQ from doing crates? You can restock your hero command with inventory even though you can't build them during the upgrade.

EDIT

To be clear, my last post ^ is there for whoever finds this thread in the future. I know you have done your upgrade by now. :)

Edited by Moderator: Combined back-to-back Posts.

Rank 14 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 50k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #219 Squad Worldwide - lvl47 Perks - 556k+ Squad Medals

DrPain
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:44 pm

You'll be thankful that it was only 17hrs later on ;)

PhoenixAZ1899
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Next time you upgrade it, try to get enough credits to upgrade hero command and starship command at the same time. Camp out on Er'Kit before starting the upgrade and medal farm against dev bases while your buildings upgrade. Try to complete crates to accumulate heroes and starships in your HQ for emergency/war use beforehand, if possible.

Good luck! Many of us have been there and know the pain.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
PM me or request to join SONS_OF_DEATH. Satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back!

Return to “General Tips”