Squad wars strategy? For empire?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Darklordofthespliff

Squad wars strategy? For empire?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:22 pm

New to squad wars. I have a question regarding troop combinations and outposts captured.

If your squad captures the heavy munitions and organics facility (which booth boost non hero infantry), is it wise to bulk up on infantry when attacking?

Eg. Hero at-at, 5 speeder bikes, 24 storm troopers, 5 heavy troopers, and 4 med droids

Instead of hero at-at, 3 at-st, etc

Poene
Captain

Re: Squad wars strategy? For empire?

Post#2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:38 am

Of course. The whole point of this buff is so you can use a certain unit composition that is more powerful than without the buff.

But study your targets first. The heal buff won't help you much if you attack a base with many mortar turrets. Better to attack a base with lots of rapid fire or rocket turrets.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#3 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Depending on your level and what units you have unlocked, I'd totally ditch the repair droids. The healing that Dandoran provides is enormous and enough to keep your infantry through most turret fire. If you have Jump Troopers unlocked, that's all you really need to roll a base. Both Dandoran and Takodana Outposts are OP. The only thing your Jumps will die to are Sharps, Bikes in the SC, traps if triggered off under the Jump swarm, or 3 simultaneous sonic blasts. They regenerate health quicker than what they lose it so Dekas become irrelevant, as do all other turrets.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 542,000 - Squad War Record: 44W - 2D - 13L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

Euph
Major General

Post#4 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:16 pm

Rage rancors are hilariously OP with Tako/Dando. It's like deploying your very own Hulk.

Otherwise, what sync said. Jumps. Lots and lots of jumps. A few storms/dews to bait sonics, and just release the swarm of flying monkeys and lay waste to everything before you.
Sith-Society iOS/Android Imperial Squad
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
[sound of Kubaz laughing]

Poene
Captain

Post#5 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:33 am

Interesting hint syncpan. I will keep this in mind and try the jump jet trooper tactic in our next war! That is, if the right combination of planets is present.
What do you think of the Hoth bonus? The shields of droidekas go down so quickly that their regenerative bonus is negated. And the eAT-AT makes short work of shield gens as well. I find little use for that planet's bonus...

syncpan77
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Poene wrote:Interesting hint syncpan. I will keep this in mind and try the jump jet trooper tactic in our next war! That is, if the right combination of planets is present.
What do you think of the Hoth bonus? The shields of droidekas go down so quickly that their regenerative bonus is negated. And the eAT-AT makes short work of shield gens as well. I find little use for that planet's bonus...

If you have Takodana and Dandoran, then yes, Hoth is totally negated. The only times you might run into trouble is if you don't have those posts and you try to engage the Dekas or Shields with units that can't one or two shot shields. I tried that once, no amount of Jumps were able to slice through shields or high level dekas quick enough before being dispatched themselves.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 542,000 - Squad War Record: 44W - 2D - 13L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

Euph
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 pm

syncpan77 wrote:
Poene wrote:Interesting hint syncpan. I will keep this in mind and try the jump jet trooper tactic in our next war! That is, if the right combination of planets is present.

If you have Takodana and Dandoran, then yes, Hoth is totally negated. The only times you might run into trouble is if you don't have those posts and you try to engage the Dekas or Shields with units that can't one or two shot shields. I tried that once, no amount of Jumps were able to slice through shields or high level dekas quick enough before being dispatched themselves.

I don't disagree that the Tako/Dando are more useful than/negate Hoth, but I look at it from the other perspective - it keeps my dekas alive on attack. I gave an example back on Playdom of my XL deka taking damage from 3 L10 turrets at once, and it's shield was out-healing them. That's pretty useful, IMO.. I can deploy them a bit more liberally without fretting. I throw everything I have at people in wars, and keeping my dekas alive for the next attack is very desirable.

So yeah, I like to hold Hoth.
Sith-Society iOS/Android Imperial Squad
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
[sound of Kubaz laughing]

Return to “General Tips”