Commander

Re: Recruiting players

Post#11 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Come and join our squad we could use some more active players - VADER'S-FIST -

GOZER
Commodore

Post#12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:54 am

If you are Italian or speak Italian language join the new born Ita•Avengers-3.0, level 22 and now 170° on the leaderboard!
We have pizza! :lol: :lol:
GOZER the destructor - Proud Leader of Italia-Avengers
We annihilate rebels all over the galaxy under command of Gen. Unknow
:twisted: "Il dolore si combatte con il dolore" :twisted:

FinrodFelagund
Commodore

Post#13 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:06 am

We've participated in every activity noted in this thread, at times each has works.ed, and at times we have seen little from each. Really what matters is to keep trying and understand that if you want high level players you will need to invest time, patience and effort.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk are at full strength

HerrAdler
Storm Trooper

Post#14 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:39 am

Me and my friend are running the DarkShadowGuard squad, except for one inactive friend we have no other members.
Currently we are setting up a recruitment programm to get more members.

But when do members start joining your squad?
When you as player are low leveled you can see a lot of low-medal squads in the "Featured Squads" section, but once you get a higher HQ level you only see high-medal squads.
How does this work for your squad in the "Featured Squads" section for new players? Can they still see your squad in the Featured Squads section?
Herr Adler
Leader of the DarkShadowGuard

Growth, Selection, Perfection

Midge
Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:46 am

You will become featured once you have 15/16 players and will remain featured until you have 19/20 players.

I would recommend setting your medal requirement to ZERO. Let the newbs flood in until you get to 16 and then bump the medals to like 700 or so.

At this point be very loose with your Axe. As people sign up, cut newbs who have not even said hello.

It is a long process.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 80k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

HerrAdler
Storm Trooper

Re: Recruiting Squad Members

Post#16 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 am

Thank you for your response Midge.

Strange thing is our squad was created at the 6th of Januari, two friends and me have been in it since the beginning, we have a total of 3,900 medals at the moment, but still no one joins?

And second question, when do newbs start joining?
And can they join squads with 2-3 players? (Is it visible for them on the Featured Squads page?)
Herr Adler

Midge
Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 am

You need to make sure you are set to ZERO medals to join. And you need to make sure that you aren't request only.

Then people should start coming.

One thing that sometimes triggers this is if one of you jumps out for about 30 minutes. Then jumps back in.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 80k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

HerrAdler
Storm Trooper

Post#18 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 am

Medals Required to join are set to 0, request is deactivated.
Two of us are level 6, one of us level 5.

So one of us should leave and rejoin in 30 minutes to solve this issue?
Herr Adler

DrPain
Commodore

Post#19 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 am

I guess, It depends on what you consider a good recruit. You may well be able to get players in the 1-5k medal range, but there aren't to many players in the >15k range showing up much. There used to be a time when this wasn't the case.

I'm the leader of a top 50 squad and I've spoken to many other leaders of similar squads and I can tell you that they also have problems finding those caliber of players. And if they're available, it's usually because there's baggage associated with them (esp the >40k players). Still, you will occasionally get a good >40k player who's squad became inactive over time. You can count yourself lucky when you get one of those.

The recruiting that Midge describes is in line with guidelines that the top Rebel squads have established. The idea is not to take away from active squads who are doing well, but rather offer an opportunity to those stuck in an inactive one. I was in one of those squads and had I known any better, I would have left sooner.

Another method to recruit is to set up a recruiting squad. I haven't recruited this way, but essentially if your squad is between a certain range of players, there's a good chance that it gets featured. Once you get featured, there's a better chance of recruiting players. This is the reason that you'll see some of the same squads being featured often. Most squads are willing to share access to those squads. Just need to ask.

Bombardo
Captain

Post#20 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:18 pm

DrPain wrote:The idea is not to take away from active squads who are doing well, but rather offer an opportunity to those stuck in an inactive one. I was in one of those squads and had I known any better, I would have left sooner.

We used to have the same problem of inactivity, but as we had 3 more sister squads, we just merged with one and now are active, we are still looking to fill 2 spots in our squad but finding players is hard especially as we already have 26/30 players and we are looking to recruit lvl8 & above players, i like the idea of getting gud, active, experienced players from other dying squads.

so far no luck, if anyone is interested to play in an active squad and do squad wars regularly, check out my post in Windows Join/Recruit Rebel Squad, we have only 2 spots open and we do have some requirements, however if u intend to be active we can lower the medal count
Squad - Bubbakills
Bombarding Imperials across the galaxy
Formerly of Windows Squad- bubbakills :cry:

Return to “General Tips”