Recruiting Squad Members

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
DarkBurnsAlot
Cadet Trooper

Recruiting Squad Members

Post#1 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:29 am

Recruiting Players

What up everyone!

Is anyone else looking for new active players? It has been a challenge to find new players for my squad, wish you could request players in the game... So figured this might be the only way so come join the darks ode with us at ...

DarkBurnsAlot
Very active and ready for war! Come join us!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title To Better Define Topic - Put Original Thread Title in Main Thread Post

TheCleaner
Commodore

Re: Recruiting players

Post#2 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:07 pm

www.swcommander.com/viewforum.php?f=29

This is where you put recruiting posts for ios/android imp squads, there is also one for windows
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Mini Base, HQ8, Rank 13, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for mini's.
Start 6/17-TheCleaner, HQ 6, Rank 4, member BigLeagueChewie

Poene
Commodore

Post#3 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:52 am

In my squad we have absolutely no problem attracting new players. I am one of the officers and we are tasked with kicking every team member who hasn't logged in for 3 days. 4 days since last login = the boot.

At first I thought this was harsh but I came to understand that this was in fact very healthy for our squad. We have 30/30 active members. So if one member gets kicked we immediately appear on the featured squads list. Our squad is also upgraded to level 29. Aspiring members see these stats and join right away. Most of the time we get a new member in less then 40 seconds. It never takes more than 3 minutes before we are completely full again.

Granted, the majority of these new members are lvl 2-3 and pretty useless. Many of them become inactive after a few days and are removed. Every once in a while a promising member sticks around, is active and levels up to 5-6 and is accepted in squad wars. That's how we got a decent team.

PhoenixAwkns
Captain

Post#4 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 am

Actually recruiting good players lv7+ is hard...

Typical strategies squads are using:

Have members reach top 10 in conflicts - that gets squad lots of visibility

Have recruiters search other squads. Those members "infiltrate" other squads and seduce members to leave and go to theyr squad

Post in forums. Post adds in forums to get higher visibility.

We don't allow recruiting in our squad. We believe good squads don't need to do that
Line ID:afonso221 HQ10 54000 medals
Join PhoenixAwkns_Aca
Requirements: English, Lv7+, LINE app & be active
World Rank 270! LV44, We have 3 open spots! Best Rebel Global Squad Ever!

Midge
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:25 pm

PhoenixAwkns wrote:Actually recruiting good players lv7+ is hard...

Typical strategies squads are using:

Have members reach top 10 in conflicts - that gets squad lots of visibility

Have recruiters search other squads. Those members "infiltrate" other squads and seduce members to leave and go to theyr squad

Post in forums. Post adds in forums to get higher visibility.

We don't allow recruiting in our squad. We believe good squads don't need to do that

You absolutely need to recruit to keep a good squad and keep growing. Unless you have a bunch of feeders like the huge families, eventually people leave or the squad gets too big for someone ... and you need to go find other players.

You should ALWAYS welcome recruiters honestly. Because if you are good enough, your players won't leave. If they want to leave, they should know there are other squads out there that might suit their needs. The ONLY players I have ever seen get defensive when I dropped by are those in bad squads that lose players.

In general, poaching or trying to recruit in an active squad is pretty bad form. I am not gonna drop in somewhere and recruit when they have 50 chats in the last 8 hours. But if they have 50 chats in 3 days ... then they are fair game. Players that want more than that should know that it is out there. If they got one good player trying to hold a squad together, he deserves to know that there is more out there.

I think that a ton of players leave the game because they do not know how to find a good squad. I got no problem with people trying to get them into one.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:29 am

Recruiting on Windows become harder than it used to be. There are less layers with 10k+ medals coming to us than say half a year ago. Some other Imp squads say they have similar issue too.

I guess the majority of players with well developed base and high medals already have squads they like and are not inclined to seek new ones. Most of guys we get these days are lvl5-7 with 3-5k medals. Sometimes they grow fast - we have a lvl9 guy who have risen from 10k to 30k medals in 2 months. Sometimes they lose interest and play like 10 battles a week and get booted for inactivity.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

PhoenixAwkns
Captain

Post#7 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:43 am

Hello Midge,

I desagree with you on recruiters.

We have a full squad, 29 members we keep empty spot.

Our squad is super active lv7+, and we never recruited in other squads.

But in the end it's an opinion, I respect yours.
Line ID:afonso221 HQ10 54000 medals
Join PhoenixAwkns_Aca
Requirements: English, Lv7+, LINE app & be active
World Rank 270! LV44, We have 3 open spots! Best Rebel Global Squad Ever!

Red8
Commander

Post#8 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:16 am

That's the main reason I signed up to this forum. We are active,addicted and war hard. We have zero issues with potential members joining. However they don't communicate and were barely on. So everytime we give the boot, a second later a new member joins but aren't living up to the expectations. We have some of the best players you can imagine. We have 6 openings that we could fill in seconds, but we'd prefer active players. It's tough.

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:44 pm

You guys are killing me. I'm dying here to find members, just so we can go to war.
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce

Imperialjedi
Commander

Post#10 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Come and join our squad we could use some more active players - VADER'S-FIST -

Return to “General Tips”