Should i upgrade to HQ8?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
raptor
Major General

Should i upgrade to HQ8?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:05 pm

From what I can see, most people might be content camping around HQ6/7.

HQ6 is a big upgrade because you gain access to an additional unit transport, which helps with everything from chapters to campaign and PvP. It also give access to Heavies, which is a key component of the Rebel army supplanting Wookies as the major forcing in offensive battles.

At HQ7, Snipers and Sharpshooters come into play. Snipers are a key unit for the Empire. Up to this point, Empire have not has a clear answer to a powerful infantry assault. HQ7 also opens the door to the recently introduced Droideka (via the Contraband resource) unit. While theoretically possible to get Droideka in HQ6, CB availability will be limited.

After HQ7, I have not heard of many compelling reason to upgrade to HQ8. While the Jump/Jetpack Troopers might be an interesting unit, I simply don't have additional transport space for a meaningful Jump/Jetpack army. I found Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader fun to play in the campaign, but in PvP, most bases simply don't feature a lot of Burst Turrets or Barracks full of 40 defensive troops. Moreover, I just found out that certain units take significantly longer to build (e.g. droids go from 27 secs to over 2mins.) Last of all, many players complain about the lack of loot available in HQ8 PvP attacks.

With all these negative reason, I simply don't see a compelling reason to upgrade to HQ8. Any thoughts?

RebelYell
Admiral

Re: Should i upgrade to HQ8?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:36 am

I am still far from updating to 8. But I also wouldn't rush upgrading.

2 more turrets maybe a reason. And luke perhaps. At one point in LV7 you will already be attacked by Lv 8 troops. Then it might not hurt much to raise the HQ to Lv 8. But most certainly I would not level up certain troops until the training time gets more reasonable.

On lv7 I manage to keep the usual transport build times (with prequeueing) around 5-6 minutes. Additional time when Squad requests come in. And sometimes longer if I used to much starships during the previous attacks. It would be very discouraging to wait 20-30minutes or more.

On lv6 I alternated sometimes between two different Heros+Loadouts to get even lower traning times but usually I don't bother anymore. Except for experimenting / playing around.

Perhaps the times will relax a bit when a Lv 9 will be introduced (if ever).
RebelYell, leader of Alderaan-Memory.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#3 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:29 pm

As sayd. Being attacked by higher level users is a compelling reason for you to be the one in the top of the chain to attack. The annoying parts is that it takes soooo long to upgrade stuff, Disney is pushing users too hard to use real money to upgrade the stuff. For example, before a tecnically time upgrade to unlock the new takodana planet, there were already 10000 users that payd with crystals to accelerate the unlocking... That's what they expect people to do in order to advance in lv 8-9-10 with they're unit upgrades...

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:33 am

Defending on Lv9 is certainly easier than on lv8. One reason is the addition of the Droideka Oppresor which has some defensive value (except against jumps).

I'm currently going to 10. One of the main reasons is to provide lv 10 troops to my squad mates. But I won't rush it. Taking my time to still enjoy the game.

I have spent money once. And that was to get crystals for a fourth droid.
RebelYell, leader of Alderaan-Memory.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:58 am

RebelYell wrote:Defending on Lv9 is certainly easier than on lv8. One reason is the addition of the Droideka Oppresor which has some defensive value (except against jumps).

I'm currently going to 10. One of the main reasons is to provide lv 10 troops to my squad mates. But I won't rush it. Taking my time to still enjoy the game.

Completely agree!!!

eclampsium
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:52 am

So Raptor? Did you make the jump? Where are you today? Lv9-10?

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#7 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:29 pm

RebelYell wrote:Defending on Lv9 is certainly easier than on lv8. One reason is the addition of the Droideka Oppresor which has some defensive value (except against jumps).

I have spent money twice. I do not remember the first, but the last was the same as you - the fourth android.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

eclampsium
Major General

Post#8 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:44 am

the last droids are dam expensive but worthy if you want to keep playing above lv6 becouse of the longer times.... imagine stay a week with the busy droid waiting to upgrade and nowhere to spend the empire loot! This game is not exactly "free to play", but we can call it free to "try"...

SarjoPebas
Captain

Post#9 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:44 am

Have to admit enjoyed the game, and got the droids. As a kid paid even more for mega drive games and I suspect played this far longer than most of those.

I am going to be level 7 soon. The mercenaries make it worthwhile, and I want to help lower members in my squad with a rebel sniper.

Plus I am enjoying the sentinel which I got as a lv6 by attacking lv7 players. That was fun!
Are you a rebel? Then join Rebel3Squad!

eclampsium
Major General

Post#10 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:51 pm

SarjoPebas wrote:Have to admit enjoyed the game, and got the droids. As a kid paid even more for mega drive games and I suspect played this far longer than most of those.

I am going to be level 7 soon. The mercenaries make it worthwhile, and I want to help lower members in my squad with a rebel sniper.

Plus I am enjoying the sentinel which I got as a lv6 by attacking lv7 players. That was fun!

exactly!!!!

Return to “General Tips”